Sign in to follow this  
BostonJeremy77

CaptainSim releases Boeing 777-200ER for MSFS!

Emirates 777 livery downloads= 1,182.  well, their sales are doing ok.  I will be buying soon for fedex livery but also to have international 777 traffic at my own airport.  worth it.

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

13 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Like the folks I know that have tried it because they have Game pass, once or twice. After a couple of barrel roles in a 767 under the Golden Gate bridge, they lost interest. 

13 hours ago, Kaiii3 said:

yeah, thats my guess as well. Maybe a question for one of the Q&As, how many active users are regular using MSFS xD

3 hours ago, Chock said:

All games and sims hit a massive peak at release, then reduce down to a more typical figure which tends to hold steady thereafter, and the figure which MSFs is holding at compares pretty well to some big name games such as No Man's Sky and Call of Duty etc.

Keep in mind this is not taking into account direct MSFS sales from the MS store either, which I strongly suspect is a bigger number of MSFS users than those who obtained it via Steam, although that is to be fair, only a guess. A possibly more transparent figure to go off, would be something indirect but related, such as the aforementioned download of liveries for an add-on.

Beyond this, we also have to consider the harder to quantify in a numerical way factors, such as the positive PR value of MSFS. This is a program which managed to gain mainstream press coverage on release, but in prior incarnations, FS was always a popular kiosk demo in PC store windows, since it was a good technology demonstrator amongst other things. The fact that the development of MSFS and its related scenery-streaming functions are being leveraged for other endeavours is another thing which continues to drive both its and other application developmental projects, such as Bing, and the military VR stuff which MS is working on, a bit like how Prepar3D is clearly not made in order to do the people who like simulating airliner flights on Vatsim, it's a military training simulator; that other use for flying toy airliners is just a spin off. 

Chock is right, the two quotes above his simply show how little the typical avsim user knows about the AAA gaming market, where these drops are common.

For example, you can see this if you look at the steam charts for Outriders: a massive drop, still, Square Enix is apparently planning another entry: https://twitter.com/Outriders/status/1395047146639044611

Another example of this would be Arkane Studios (maker of Arx Fatalis, Prey and, more recently, the Dishonored trilogy): in terms of sales, their games usually don't sell all that well, but they are still at it, most recently, with the upcoming release of Deathloop:

https://bethesda.net/en/game/deathloop

• Upvote 1

Eventually this topic will run out like the 737 one, another 3rd party for $20.00 - $30.00 will be released like these, rinse and repeat. While the 3rd parties that release these items will probably ( not sure ) be rolling in money...cha ching 🙂

And btw, Grandpa, I'm over here no where near, Avims, Facebook, Reddit, flying my 737 and 777 I bought cheap for $20-$30 under a bridge, with my friends 🙂 I'll buzz ya a few times while you are taking 3 hours to start your plane 🙂

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

19 hours ago, JDWalley said:

It's the word not allowed from other sims (one in particular) that, as usual, seem more interested in shilling for their sim of choice on forums like this than, y'know, actually flying.

I've got to say, I understand the notion of using a censorbot to replace truly offensive language with "word not allowed," but I'm trying to figure out how a compound word joining together "fan" and another word for male children is considered truly offensive.  Is there another, offensive connotation for that word that I'm not aware of?  (And I mean offensive to the general public, not to the "word not allowed" for being told they're acting like a "word not allowed." 😄 )

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

20 hours ago, BostonJeremy77 said:

It's all wrong. They really just copied all 747 stuff (including contact points, weights, calculations for takeoff and approach speeds). It's all jacked up. 

It's an absolute waste of money then. I'll stick with the included 747 because that's essentially what this is and at least the 747 can be made more flyable with the Salty mod. 

Edited by jarmstro
Typo. Replaced 737

1 minute ago, jarmstro said:

It's an absolute waste of money then. I'll stick with the included 737 because that's essentially what this is and at least the 737 can be made more flyable with the Salty mod. 

What "included 737"...?  Or did you mean the default 747?

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

2 minutes ago, JDWalley said:

What "included 737"...?  Or did you mean the default 747?

Meant 747. Typo. 

33 minutes ago, JDWalley said:

I've got to say, I understand the notion of using a censorbot to replace truly offensive language with "word not allowed," but I'm trying to figure out how a compound word joining together "fan" and another word for male children is considered truly offensive.  Is there another, offensive connotation for that word that I'm not aware of?  (And I mean offensive to the general public, not to the "word not allowed" for being told they're acting like a "word not allowed." 😄 )

Lol. The exact same happened to me when I called MYSELF that same thing followed by 777. In other words I am a big fan of the 777 and even get a bit giddy and childish when I see one in real life. 😁

• Like 1

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

14 hours ago, PWJT8D said:

We at AVSIM are such an insignificant number. How many of us do you think are active in this MSFS forum, 1,000? 5,000? Our demographic here tends to be the ones that are really really into flight simulators. MSFS is well over 1,000,000 copies now. What I'm getting at is yes we want every aircraft to be fully modeled to the smallest detail because the majority of us here like to fly flights by the book. But over a million other people could care less. There are a lot of people out there who just want the looks of a 777 and may not know the difference between it's avionics or some from something else. There are a lot of people who love making and editing videos, they would love to make a 777 video. Thousands of people just like doing repaints. Everyone has their own unique interest in a flight simulator so if Captain Sim can fill that niche for some folks than so be it. They are a business and will sell more copies of this 777 than you can imagine.

You’ve missed the point like the million other replies here. This release is barely freeware standard compared to other platforms that have 777’s. And those are significantly far better.  And Free. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, in2tech said:

And btw, Grandpa, I'm over here no where near, Avims, Facebook, Reddit, flying my 737 and 777 I bought cheap for $20-$30 under a bridge, with my friends 🙂 I'll buzz ya a few times while you are taking 3 hours to start your plane 🙂

Ha ha.

2 hours ago, in2tech said:

Eventually this topic will run out like the 737 one, another 3rd party for $20.00 - $30.00 will be released like these, rinse and repeat. While the 3rd parties that release these items will probably ( not sure ) be rolling in money...cha ching 🙂

Exactly, as long as people enjoy what they are doing in the simulator (s) that is all the matters, as in the end it is all a simulation!  Some appreciate ground scenery, some appreciate traffic, some appreciate IFR route planning, some what to do a flight and get one with other aspects of life.  I appreciate sounds, VC's, and wing textures and love aircraft.😑

• Like 2

Simon

3 hours ago, Doug47 said:

You’ve missed the point like the million other replies here. This release is barely freeware standard compared to other platforms that have 777’s. And those are significantly far better.  And Free. 

IF CS and Bredok are able to produce a "barely freeware" addon that flies off the shelves like a Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue, then these two are obviously on to something. That folks here on avsim continue to not grasp this, doesn't surprise me at all.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Wow, 26 pages on a 777 that in fact is a 747 which the majority finds not worth the money.... 

🍿

• Like 2

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

30 minutes ago, GSalden said:

the majority finds not worth the money....

You mean the majority of avsimmers who are but a tiny drop in the vast ocean of gaming.

28 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Wow, 26 pages on a 777 that in fact is a 747 which the majority finds not worth the money.... 

🍿

and another one of those users that do not understand how market works, this aircraft is obviously for the casual user, and since there are soo much more casual users than av simmers, its a success.

but what does it matter? too many pedantic av - simmers here.

they should have a look at chock, he is one of the few here that has the right mindset.

• Like 1