Sign in to follow this  
BostonJeremy77

CaptainSim releases Boeing 777-200ER for MSFS!

7 hours ago, Chock said:

Corporal Sim

Love it Chock. As an ex military man I really appreciate the humour in this.

Well done

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

21 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

CS have announced a u-turn on the liveries

https://www.captainsim.org/forum/csf.pl?num=1621800766278d2548c3336a017e97dec4e6dcb4d4807ce6bf

Seems far too late to stand a chance of salvaging things

Sorry CS, but it's too late.

Maybe just maybe to try and make amends and be truly sorry they should refund all the simmers that purchased the Ripoff7 and gift it to the community, then we might believe that they are truly sorry for their recent money grabbing attempt, and contempt of the simming community.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

7 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

I bought just about everything CS did for FSX.  I will never touch another product of CS again after this.' 

After the number of unhappy buyers of this product, I would be very surprised to see this company survive.  I doubt you will get the opportunity to hide your wallet from them. Long may that be so.

Tony

• Like 2

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Yep....

2 minutes ago, eaim said:

Maybe just maybe to try and make amends and be truly sorry they should refund all the simmers that purchased the Ripoff7 and gift it to the community, then we might believe that they are truly sorry for their recent money grabbing attempt, and contempt of the simming community.

Now all he has to do to show he's serious is give $20 back to every person who bought it at the ridiculous price of a full aircraft, start selling it for $10, the next models should go to existing customers at $5 each, and most of all, he should change his commerce site where it clearly states in plain language:

"This is our famous, beautiful exterior and interior model of the 777, that uses all the default 747 systems...and not simply "paired" with the 747....it IS the 747 with a 777 "skin".  We have no further plans to develop it past what you are buying today, other than to fix obvious bugs that prevent it from working.  The freeware community is FREE to make any modifications to it to make it a better product, as long as they don't make money off it" 🙂

If they did those things...1st...Id have a heart attack and croak.  Next...I may even buy it and play around with it. 🙂

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

1 hour ago, Steve Dra said:

Easy....buy a 3d printer, print out all the CS stuff you have, we'll gather it all together and make a big bonfire out of it and dance around it in celebration if we ever get CS to either radically change or leave for good. 🙂

In the mean time....EVERYONE...just resist the urge to impulse-buy their next release (I'm sure coming shortly when CS can take a break from rapid-fire deleting posts and whole threads at his website) LOL

Most of the CS aircraft aren't bad from the $9 sale.

I bought everything but the L1011 a while back.

It was a company I felt was just gonna wither off with the old FSX era anyway.

The CS 707-777 collection are still cool planes to own.

As for MSFS the only aircraft I could possibly see myself purchasing right now is the Aerosoft CRJ.

I hope CS get their act together, a bad business reputation spreads like wild fire in the flight sim community.

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

18 minutes ago, eaim said:

If, in a highly unlikely scenerio, it was "gifted" to the community, after all this bad publicity would anyone want it anyway? Given the 38 pages of diatribe and huge deficit of buyers who think it is great, some people have bought it to their regret.  

In my opinion, this "gift" to the community would still be poorly received. 

Another point, is, that if it was "gifted" to the community, would the modders be legally able to modify it to some semblance of acceptability?

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

Could it be that MS has stepped up to CS ? Either correct your attitude or you are not allowed to sell MSFS compatible ac anymore ....

Especially as they are using 747 systems in their payware 777..

In total it seems good what the community has achieved.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I couldn't help myself to create a throwaway account just to tell this fool my two cents

uYyd42s.png

Edited by styckx
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

7 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Could it be that MS has stepped up to CS ? Either correct your attitude or you are not allowed to sell MSFS compatible ac anymore ....

Especially as they are using 747 systems in their payware 777..

In total it seems good what the community has achieved.

Anything is a possibility, as they would probably have the ultimate say in a copyright dispute given he is ultimately using their software, and he cannot expand binding claims outside of his own rights that were provided by Microsoft, as they would have much more power in this type of situation, and I can guarantee you their contract already gives them ownership over these types of issues (if they ever need it). They could simply disable his addons in the game if they so chose to do. In the end, this is an addon for something he does not control the rights to. That said, I doubt they would get involved with something like this, but who knows, anything is possible.

Edited by Alpine Scenery

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

3 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

If, in a highly unlikely scenerio, it was "gifted" to the community, after all this bad publicity would anyone want it anyway? Given the 38 pages of diatribe and huge deficit of buyers who think it is great, some people have bought it to their regret.  

In my opinion, this "gift" to the community would still be poorly received. 

Another point, is, that if it was "gifted" to the community, would the modders be legally able to modify it to some semblance of acceptability?

Tony

Totally agree....but since we've never actually seen a gift like this from him (and to be fair almost no dev), to me it would be his best effort at an olive branch after the scare he just went through. 

I'm not saying I'd forgive all his past digressions, but if he could turn around and be an actual asset and positive influence in the flightsim community, I'm not going to brush aside a dev who does have nice models when he really would seem at that point had eaten a full create of humble pies and as many crows you can fit in the country of Ukraine. 🤣

Rehabilitation is possible (but highly unlikely).....and if he made those gestures to give us a properly-priced "shell" to bang around the skies in, and permission to let our rocking' freeware modders out there do something cool with it, and I still led a crusade to get him out of our community, then I could be called completely unfair and just out to get CS despite his honest effort to change his ways.

Sadly, I'm so confident that if he actually did ALL the things I mentioned, I'd buy the 1st 100 simmers who IM'd me after the next $10 release, a copy for each of them 🙂

I think my $1000 gamble is completely safe though. 😉

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Don't see why CS should give the 777 for free. Yes it looks bad but those who bought it have only themselves to blame if they don't like it.

Its not CS or any other devs job to check whether its suitable for you. That's your job. Good luck to them I say. It's clearly sold well so it's a success for them.

All this reputation talk is nonsense. There are so few addon airliner devs out there people will still be queuing up when they release their next plane.

5 minutes ago, styckx said:

I couldn't help myself to create a throwaway account just to tell this fool my two cents

uYyd42s.png

OK...my wife came upstairs as I was laughing so hard at your avatar name I was almost vapor-locked and she thought I was having a seizure! 

Be careful next time when you post something like that with no warning! 🤣

I agree with you that he's not really sorry over the episode, he's just sorry he got caught and had to eat crow!

• Like 5

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

2 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

OK...my wife came upstairs as I was laughing so hard at your avatar name I was almost vapor-locked and she thought I was having a seizure! 

Be careful next time when you post something like that with no warning! 🤣

I agree with you that he's not really sorry over the episode, he's just sorry he got caught and had to eat crow!

I came up with that name based off his attitude like we, the community were all having a temper tantrum like a little baby with a dirty diaper. Reverse irony! 🙂

• Like 1

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

10 minutes ago, sanh said:

Don't see why CS should give the 777 for free. Yes it looks bad but those who bought it have only themselves to blame if they don't like it.

Its not CS or any other devs job to check whether its suitable for you. That's your job. Good luck to them I say. It's clearly sold well so it's a success for them.

All this reputation talk is nonsense. There are so few addon airliner devs out there people will still be queuing up when they release their next plane.

I don't think he should necessarily give it away free (up to him really), but he should do "something". Whatever that something is, he has only taken Step # 1, and he still has Steps 2-4 at a minimum. What you say might be true to an extent, but he's not exactly producing premium products either, so at the very least he hurt his sales by quite a lot in all likelihood.

Edited by Alpine Scenery

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram