Sign in to follow this  
Tim-HH

TDS Sim GTNXi coming for MSFS!

36 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

Simconnect can definitely send AP control instruction to the sim - ie change mode, set Altitude etc - but I can't really tell if that is what this app is doing or if it's trying to be an alternative AP system.

There are a number of features in the real GTN750 that I really like but may never be possible in a mod like PMS50s like the Visual Approach mode, so I'm definitely curious about ways to bring the full functionality to MSFS but as this stands it's not what I'm looking for.

However I have absolutely no objection to a dev selling a product like this as long as they are clear about what people are buying and what it can and can't do.

i was more talking about controling AP to follow a FP coming from the GTN trainer. Simconnect allows AP control but linked with Internal FS Flight Plan.
The price is for a unit with the same quality and functionnalities we have with F1 or RXP in P3D/XP. this bridge between the trainer and the sim don't deserve it. I prefer to be patient (i'm) and save my money for a more worked unit with a better integration with the sim.

It's a progress compare to GTN mod for some points and not for others. Everyone has it's own attemp so, happy fly with any of these units 🙂

i9-10850k - Asus Tuf Z490+ - 32 Go DDR4 - RTX 3070 8Go MSI Trio X

27 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

2D popup? Is this for FS9?

Not 2D popup, a separate window into a separate process. A 2D popup is a window In-Sim process

The popup has another name, hand held unit 😀.

And  it is very welcome in aircraft where the integration in the panel is a no-go like the Spitfire or the Corsair which have no decent navigation system. 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 hour ago, nirgal76 said:

Not 2D popup, a separate window into a separate process. A 2D popup is a window In-Sim process

So can we get it into an iPad somehow?  Or android tablet?  I would consider it if I could put it on a touchscreen.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

2 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

So can we get it into an iPad somehow?  Or android tablet?  I would consider it if I could put it on a touchscreen.

I think a touchscreen connected to the main machine might work. Plus, I would connect the touchscreen to the internal graphics adapter, not Nvidia firing the main screen. I have one (7" faytech) but the price for the GTN is pretty steep, so I'm not convinced yet.

Plus not usable under VR 😭

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

IDK...I'm on the fence.  Knowing that I have to run it as a window or maybe on a second monitor is frustrating.  For the old RXP/F1 units in the cockpit, I would occasionally pop it up for precise adjustments.  But to have to use that is annoying.

I think I'll wait and hope RXP and this one can get it into the sim somehow.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hello,

Here are some clarifications on the TDS GTNXi Flight Sim, a lot of comments have been made and this is an opportunity to set them right.

The TDS GTNXi is not a mere “interface” between a PC Trainer and SimConnect, making such statements is inaccurate and does not show the true complexity of these products. Developing such projects is a massive undertaking and investment. Since there are so few products on the market, only proves my point that such software requires special expertise and knowledge.

The idea of the TDS GTNXi as an EXTERNAL ADD-ON is to offer the ability to users to have an extremely accurate representation of the GTNXi inside the new Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, when there are none available.

The Flight Simulator engine is limited in terms of drawing external gauges as well as overriding the autopilot, this is a fact and nobody can currently “write simulation variables” or “write screen data”.

Just the autopilot code that is currently implemented inside the TDS GTNXi is a month of work, having to find innovative methods to overcome the hard-set simulator limitations. There is tremendous work behind the scenes just for this feature, as well as with the other new and innovative features that the GTNXi has to offer.

Our plan was not to publicly complain, but to silently deliver and this is what the TDS GTNXi has provided, as well as having communicated with the deciding factors at Microsoft for many months now.

I must say that it is the first and only product to accurately fly an LPV approach inside Flight Simulator 2020, this is a first and it is a benchmark for the entire industry. As soon as full autopilot support will be opened by the new SDK, it will get implemented into the TDS GTNXi.

I assure you that the TDS GTNXi will get integrated into the virtual cockpit environment as soon as such capability will be made available to developers, in an updated version of the SDK.

You can be assured of my full support for Flight Simulator 2020 as the time will pass.

Of course, the TDS GTNXi website is fully transparent about what the software can and can NOT do and I am here to listen to constructive advice to further improve the software.

Best regards,

Tiberiu

Edited by tiberiu11
  • Like 8

After looking into the different solutions I decided to go with spacedesk to connect my iPad with the PC. It's free, compatible with iOS and Android and connects the tablet via WLAN. The installation was straight forward and it works great. Most importantly there is no lag when interacting with the GTNXi. All in all I'm very happy! This is by far the best GPS solution for MSFS and it  works with every airplane addon.

msfs_gtnxipej8u.jpg

• Like 5

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

12 minutes ago, Tim-HH said:

After looking into the different solutions I decided to go with spacedesk to connect my iPad with the PC. I

Thank you for your post. This is exactly what I was thinking. I loved the F1 GTN in P3D. I am not computer illiterate but I must confess that connecting an IPad and a W10 destop was mystifying me a bit. Good to see it working. 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

47 minutes ago, Tim-HH said:

After looking into the different solutions I decided to go with spacedesk to connect my iPad with the PC. It's free, compatible with iOS and Android and connects the tablet via WLAN. The installation was straight forward and it works great. Most importantly there is no lag when interacting with the GTNXi. All in all I'm very happy! This is by far the best GPS solution for MSFS and it  works with every airplane addon.

Thanks for reporting that Tim.  I'm strongly considering it now.

Is it working with the Carenado Mooney?

Edited by ryanbatcund

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

2 hours ago, tiberiu11 said:

Hello,

Best regards,

Tiberiu

Hi Tiberiu.  Do you know if the comm/xpdr system will "talk to" Vatsim vpilot and PilotEdge software?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

3 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

I think so yes if you own an app for sharing/extend your PC desktop on your ipad.

13 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Hi Tiberiu.  Do you know if the comm/xpdr system will "talk to" Vatsim vpilot and PilotEdge software?

Hello Ray, there is partial support for the features with the current version, full support will come in the very near feature with an update, we will let you know.

Working reasonably well with my iPad as well. Some App crashes (spacedesk) and resolution issues were seen, but what is *really* annoying is the autopillot jitter. I thought that it would go away after some time, but the plane keeps shaking considerably whenever the AP is on.

j4iKlfW.jpg

Edited by GCBraun

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus