Sign in to follow this  
Tim-HH

TDS Sim GTNXi coming for MSFS!

3 hours ago, Twenty6 said:

That's Garmin doing that. IIRC it's all about size (bytes and length), so in order to keep the file size manageable, airports with runways shorter than 4000 ft are not included in the worldwide database. Those 1s and 0s can add a lot of weight to an aircraft.

Someone correct me on the 4000 ft minimum length if that's not right.

This only happens on the old database format, found in the GNS. The GTN and of course the GTNXi has a new file format that does not have any limitations. You can find airports that have shorter runways, for example, EDWL has only one runway that is shorter than 2000ft and the airport is available in the TDS GTNXi!

There is no need to switch databases, but it is technically possible.

31 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Can you switch the data base inside the trainer?  Used to be able to do that with the old RXP one.

?? Used to be able to but I'm out of that loop since MSFS2020 came out. Haven't visited the Flight1 GTN forum since August, 2020 so I have no idea the current version of their gauge or what datebase they're using.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

3 minutes ago, Twenty6 said:

?? Used to be able to but I'm out of that loop since MSFS2020 came out. Haven't visited the Flight1 GTN forum since August, 2020 so I have no idea the current version of their gauge or what datebase they're using.

You'd want to go to the TDS forum for help

http://forum.tdssim.com/

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

10 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

You'd want to go to the TDS forum for help

Haven't bought their unit (yet.) I'll wait a bit and compare Tiberiu11's to this one:

https://pms50.com/msfs/

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

16 minutes ago, Twenty6 said:

Haven't bought their unit (yet.) I'll wait a bit and compare Tiberiu11's to this one:

https://pms50.com/msfs/

Well aside from being able to run it in the cockpit...it's going to be night and day.  The GTN Xi can actually perform RNAV(GPS) approaches just like the real one.  Among other things.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

But the pms50 can directly use flightplans generated via the integrated MSFS flightplanner. They probably both have pros and cons.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

This  GTNXi seems like the best thing since sliced bread and I'm about to pull the trigger.  But can anyone that has it comment on the severity of the "jitter" that is mentioned, and when exactly in flight it occurs and how often?

Thanks! Greg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, gregda said:

This  GTNXi seems like the best thing since sliced bread and I'm about to pull the trigger.  But can anyone that has it comment on the severity of the "jitter" that is mentioned, and when exactly in flight it occurs and how often?

Thanks! Greg

I can now confirm that, if you don't load a flight plan in the simulator, the situtation seems to improve. At least on the C172, the jitter only happens for some seconds.

Nevertheless, I have just tried with the DA40X and, even though no flight plan is loaded on the sim, there is small and persistent jitter occurring whenever I select NAV on the AP.

Here is a screenshot showing that the NAV setting seems to be fighting with the LVL setting...not sure why this is happening (CDI is set to GPS).

ZAnbhFn.jpg

Edited by GCBraun

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

3 hours ago, JeffChrisope said:

Next (and potentially very expensive) question for @tiberiu11:  any chance this works well or at all with the RealSimGear GTN750 setup yet?  (I.e. https://realsimgear.com/collections/avionics-components/products/realsimgear-gtn750-bezel-for-x-plane-and-p3d)

We are currently working with RealSimGear on providing full hardware support with the TDS GTNXi.

• Like 1

Two questions

- Before buying, I am testing the Spacedesk software on my rig and an old iPad (post iOS 9.3).    I do that with Little Navmap. The mouse moves normally on the primary display but is very laggy on the iPad. Should I expect that with the 750 ? Or did I make something wrong ? My desktop is no spring chicken either...

- I had the F1 750 on P3D and used a lot its Utilities pages. I don't see much on them here or in the documentation. Do all the calculation pages work in the GTNXi ?

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

37 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

Two questions

- Before buying, I am testing the Spacedesk software on my rig and an old iPad (post iOS 9.3).    I do that with Little Navmap. The mouse moves normally on the primary display but is very laggy on the iPad. Should I expect that with the 750 ? Or did I make something wrong ? My desktop is no spring chicken either...

- I had the F1 750 on P3D and used a lot its Utilities pages. I don't see much on them here or in the documentation. Do all the calculation pages work in the GTNXi ?

My experience with Spacedesk was not good, but others seem to have a better experience with it. The aspect-ratio of the iPad is also not ideal (at least on my 12.9 PRO), so the GTN would look bloated on it. I ended up getting this 4:3 touchscreen monitor and the overall experience is much improved.

As for the Utilities page, all calculations seem to work as the older F1/RXP units that I had.

Edited by GCBraun
  • Like 1

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

9 hours ago, GCBraun said:

ZAnbhFn.jpg

Is there no CDI guidance with glass cockpits?  Does the GTN talk to the HSI/VOR?

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

18 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Is there no CDI guidance with glass cockpits?  Does the GTN talk to the HSI/VOR?

Well, unless I am doing something wrong, while the plane does follow the GTN route, I have not seen CDI guidance.

When it comes to VOR, I don´t think it will be an issue, because all frequencies set in the GTN are passed onto the aircraft (have not tested this scenario yet, though).

Edited by GCBraun

13 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

Well, unless I am doing something wrong, while the plane does follow the GTN route, I have not seen CDI guidance.

Hmmm.  Thought I saw that on the streaming video at least with the analogue Carenado.  Wonder if the glass cockpit is interfering with the GTN?  That's a bummer... although you wouldn't normally have a GTN in a G1000/3000 equipped aircraft.

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |