Sign in to follow this  
Tim-HH

TDS Sim GTNXi coming for MSFS!

1 hour ago, ryanbatcund said:

Is there no CDI guidance with glass cockpits?  Does the GTN talk to the HSI/VOR?

Are there no user configurable settings for it like RXP provides in their products?

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

6 hours ago, fppilot said:

Are there no user configurable settings for it like RXP provides in their products?

Hello Frank,

The TDS GTNXi has many user configurable settings. We suggest taking a look at the official TDS GTNXi manual so you can see a list of the available settings, which can be configured from the main user interface.

The manual is available to download form the website:

https://tdssim.com/tdsgtnxi#sixth

9 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Is there no CDI guidance with glass cockpits?  Does the GTN talk to the HSI/VOR?

The documentation states that this is not presently simulated (glass or no glass), because of MSFS limitations... There is a promise that this will come, once MSFS permits it.

Maybe a bit early to jump in 😉

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert

6 hours ago, tiberiu11 said:

Hello Frank,

The TDS GTNXi has many user configurable settings. We suggest taking a look at the official TDS GTNXi manual so you can see a list of the available settings, which can be configured from the main user interface.

4 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

The documentation states that this is not presently simulated (glass or no glass), because of MSFS limitations... There is a promise that this will come, once MSFS permits it.

Maybe a bit early to jump in 😉

OK 
Not demeaning your efforts by any means.  Just being real here.  MUCH better implementations have been in my flight simulation activities for well over 10 years.  Would be more specific on timescales but my backups to my pre-2010 system are buried somewhere in my storage closet.  The issue is not about you.  It is about the guarded posture of MSFS and it's developers, much of that leg-ironed to selfish decisions that have robbed from the previously-available experience.  I am an aviation enthusiast who occasionally gets aloft with what is real.  What is available with MSFS is far shy of real, despite your best efforts.  And the fault is not yours. It is not on you!

I respect your efforts, but we need to see more a more open mindset from the wizards of Alabo.  Xbox is not for all.  Xbox is likely a fraction of the available market.  Xbox thinking is a development, marketing, and sales flaw.  And with certainly that does not only apply to MS and Asobo.  It negatively affects highly valued flight simualator enhancement developers who have to-date immersed us into realistic simulation of aviation.  Not immersed us into some form of entertainment.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

16 hours ago, tiberiu11 said:

Downloading it now.  Thank you.

Frank Patton
ASUS 

Hello,
I would like to thank everyone for the support that they have offered to this product and for trusting in me.

I know that the TDS GTNXi is not a perfect product, it is simulator limited. I would like the TDS to become the benchmark!

Yes, there is frustration on MSFS, which has boiled down to the TDS GTNXi, without any intention of harming the product. The idea of launching the TDS GTNXi is to offer the best possible GPS system to the community, something that can do a good enough job within the strict MSFS limitations. The only way that FSX succeeded in the past was by developers pushing the bar even further and the TDS GTNXi is an example of attempting just this. Any nice words that can be said about the project are better than none at all.

The entire community has my word that I will give my best with the TDS GTNXi product to be enjoyable and usable inside MSFS 2020.

One example of this is lowering the purchase price of the unit and already partially refunding the difference to all customers who have paid for the product.

We will stand by our products, in terms of support, honesty and keeping up with the most current MSFS features!

Edited by tiberiu11
  • Like 5

I was going to punt on this one b/c I am pretty satisfied with the available mods but... I will be getting this next week when my budget resets. This kind of developer interaction is what I love about the flight-sim community when it is at its best. I have planes in FSX that I bought simply to support a developer and that I have only flown once. I don't think this will be the case here i.e. I will definitely be using this add-on. I have the Flight1 GTN in FSX and I really enjoy it so I am sure that we will get there with this one. 

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
Quoted post removed on request by Target71

29 minutes ago, tiberiu11 said:

The entire community has my word that I will give my best with the TDS GTNXi product to be enjoyable and usable inside MSFS 2020.

This is really generous and some other developers could learn a lesson from this. I already received the rebate.

I'm perhaps not into the super-intricated functions so far but like the TDS GTNXi, notably as I can run and operate it on my touchscreen.

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

On 5/17/2021 at 1:43 PM, ryanbatcund said:

I probably wouldn't buy until we have a cockpit integration.

It's better than nothing but the PM50  GTN already has cockpit integration, so what's the point of buying this 2D version?

2 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

It's better than nothing but the PM50  GTN already has cockpit integration, so what's the point of buying this 2D version?

At this stage, neither of these two (beta) options offers you everything you might want.

The PMS50 unit integrates in the cockpit, but suffers from all the current MSFS flightplan deficiencies.

The TDS unit offers correct Garmin flightplan management, but does not integrate with the other cockpit gauges, like FD, HSI, etc

So, you are faced with two imperfect choices... until things sort themselves out..

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert

As soon as this is integrated into a cockpit, it's an insta-buy for me. The Flight1 Gtn750 was my favorite piece of kit in P3D. The developer seems to be a top person, too. 

19 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

As soon as this is integrated into a cockpit, it's an insta-buy for me. The Flight1 Gtn750 was my favorite piece of kit in P3D. The developer seems to be a top person, too. 

Seems to be, but support for his F1 version was hopeless. Hopefully with him selling direct it will be much improved......

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

1 hour ago, jabloomf1230 said:

The TDS GTNXi is well-adapted for panel/cockpit builders (like me) who want to run it on a separate touchscreen. I can even start it in advance of the sim on a touchscreen and don't need to pop-out it. (As a sidenote: I would even more prefer a networked solution which isn't available yet for both.)

But as @Bert Pieke states, they've indeed both their shortcomings yet. Fortunately they are both  actively worked on.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

48 minutes ago, Gazzareth said:

Seems to be, but support for his F1 version was hopeless. Hopefully with him selling direct it will be much improved......

G

I had a problem initially and Tiberiu set up a remote connection and fixed the problem quickly so I give their support a big plus!

• Like 2

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I'd like to personally thank you for the P3D & FSX version. I almost forgot that they were not free. 😀

However, I must state this to you personally, this ain't P3D and your price is way too high for MSFS and for what amounts to a WIP add-on.

Maybe, like other devs had to do after I pointed it out, you need to consider a lower introductory price with free updates.

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
Quoted post removed on request by DJJose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.