Sign in to follow this  
rog943

Configuring Reailty XP GTN750

I have been helped by Jean-Luc and Bert in sorting out a couple of problems and in particular getting the GTN750 working well.  The notes from June 2020 made it work based on lots of posts which I've been through at least twice.

Now the buttons on the panel GTN work - Home, Direct to, Volume.

However the bottom right button does not respond - can't chg freq using this.  After all the help and all the work you guys have done (most of it over my head) I feel cheeky asking, but it would complete the installation and be perfect.

🤥

PS  It's FSX SE with an Alabeo Aztec

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rog943 said:

However the bottom right button does not respond

Have you tried a middle (mouse wheel) click on the inner knob?

To change from COM to NAV.

You can turn the knobs with the mouse wheel.

If non of this works, either your F1VC.xml is not up to date, or Alabeo did not simulate this... I checked the C421, and there it works.

Let us know!

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert

Hi Bert,

Hi and thanks.  I tried all manner of probing the button with the mouse; clicking scrolling etc, but nothing.

f1vc.xml is version 2.04.  Is that up to date?

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

If non of this works, either your F1VC.xml is not up to date, or Alabeo did not simulate this... I checked the C421, and there it works.

Does he need to turn off instrument reflections and 3D knobs?  That is necessary with the RXP GNS.

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

2 hours ago, rog943 said:

Hi Bert,

Hi and thanks.  I tried all manner of probing the button with the mouse; clicking scrolling etc, but nothing.

f1vc.xml is version 2.04.  Is that up to date?

I tried to post my V2.05 F1VC file, but it got deleted...🤔

I do not have the Aztec, but I did try the Saratoga and it works..

When you move the mouse pointer over the knob, does the pointer change to a hand?

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

Hi Bert,

No, nothing at all.  On the pop up I can do everything and there is a hand or something else over this button each time.

With the panel GTN I have to double click the other buttons but they do work.  I get the 'slide in' screen for Direct to, with the volume button it starts with the comm section and I have to click on the nav end to get that going.  The volume does not have the choice over the button (like the pop up) but I can live with that. 

Can you point me towards an updated f1vc.xml file?  Is there mileage in the suggestion by fppilot (thanks for that!)?

Two things Bert,

I got mail from you with the 2.05 version.  I'll try to change that in a few minutes.

My comments above are still the same after going to the FS and playing around.  The only thing to add is that I DO get the hand when I go over the bottom bar.  That's where you have the annunciators (?) ENR and VLOC/  and where at the right hand side there is a label pointing right and saying 'comfreq/psh nav'.  When I try to select here again nothing happens.

I'll come back to you when I have 2,05 working.

Thanks.

Hi Bert,

I have replaced 2.04 with 2.05.  Tried the FS but everything is just as I've described it above.  Hey ho.

Roger

Let me try to recap the 3D bezel interactions so that I can make sure I understand correctly:

DTO and HOME buttons are working but only if you double click them?

VOL knob (top left) is working CW and CCW but doesn't support "push"?

FMS knob (bottom right) is not working at all, that is no CW/CCW rotation on the outer and inner knobs, no push)?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hello Jean-Luc,

If I do this comprehensively it may be more than you need, but better that than miss something that you think is significant.

The pop up seems to be working and showing me how the panel should.  Summarising how they differ the pop up is opened from Views - Reality GTN unit 1 (managed).

Pop up - Top left button has three areas setting vol/Squ/ID  (a hand sign or turning sign) in either Comm or Nav (which I select by clicking in one of the four freq boxes).   Light blue tells me whether I have  Comm or Nav

The top left or right of the button sets (scroll) the volume in the selected area.  The bottom sets either Squelch or ID left clk on/off.

[The panel TL button shows only a hand sign.  I can scroll the vol on the selected Comm/Nav.  The middle mouse button clk gets me the Sq/ID on/off].

The card slot on the pop up does nothing but hovering over this in the panel shows 'Rt Clk for Activate nav source' and Rt Clk shows 'hold for map' slide in and then the map appears.

Home.  On the home page holding the button gets slide in message 'Hold for Map' and then the map.  This works on both panel and pop up.  With the map showing one click on the pop up gets the home page but it needs two clicks on the panel

Direct To.  Both worked to bring in the slide in menu.  However while I was playing around the panel DT stopped responding until I reset the flight.

Bottom right button.  On the pop up works well with three areas on the button allowing flip flop select of Comm/Nav and freq selection by scrolling.

This button is dead in the panel, no hand sign, nothing.

Not sure what CW and CCW are - CW - morse?

As always, thanks very much for your help and interest.

Roger

• Like 1

One last thing Jean-Luc which may be significant.  You asked about the FMS knob.  I just noticed that the knob is flush with the panel.  There is only one.  It appears more like a button.  On the pop up it is just like the one top left.

I suspect a problem with the Alabeo Aztec, which I do not own.

The Saratoga and C421 have a proper 3d knob (inner and outer) and work correctly.

• Like 1

Bert

47 minutes ago, rog943 said:

CW and CCW

Clockwise / Counter...

• Like 1

Bert