Sign in to follow this  
albar965

Problem responding to ATC

Hi Folks:When I acknowledge ATC by pressing a key, usually "1", on my keyboard the transmission sometimes doesn't work. I keep hitting the key but FSX doesn't respond. Usually after ATC says "...did you hear my last transmission?," the key works! This is very frustrating! Anyone else have this problem? I have no problems with FS9.Thanks!Airbus

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

Guest RonB49

It is likely that the ATC window is losing focus (this is a new problem/feature in FSX that did not happen with FS9). To refocus on the ATC window turn it off then back on either witht the Headset Icon or the ` / ~ key. R-

...or click on the ATC window border with your mouse to re-activate it and it should work. It is an FSX only problem.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Guest dylanfwhit

Sometimes it helps to click on what you want to say on the message box. Or just click anyware on the ATC box and then press the number.Hope this helps,Dylan

Guest BobKK

Agreed. I used to respond to ATC by pressing the key on the keyboard, but a "Eureka" moment happened when I realized that I could respond to ATC by simply using my mouse. Much easier, and faster.

Guest A4Skyhawk

As mentioned, it's absolutley losing focus and it happens the other way too. If the ATC window is open and yakking away, you're not able to do silly things like, oh I don't know, adjust power/flaps/elevators/ailerons until the window's closed. As a keyboard user, being able to use the mouse for ATC is cute but to give up controlling where the plane is heading and how fast it's heading there is rather short-sighted.Just one man's opinion.

If the responses completely disappear from the menue, switch the frequencies in your com reciever and the responses show up again.That's the only hint that worked for me.Alex