Sign in to follow this  
M3Stang

747/787 poor performance?

Wondering if its just time to upgrade, or if anyone else notices poor performance specifically with the 747/787s. The A320N and other prop planes seem overall usable. Its just the Boeings that kind of have a hard time for me. Did a flight from KLAX - KSFO and on final was getting like 3 fps couldnt even land and the game became unresponsive. First time ever in 275 hours of play time.

Edited by M3Stang

5900X

32GB DDR4-3600MHz

ZOTAC RTX 3070 Ti

Game installed on 980 PRO

Main display Gigabyte M27Q X 27" 1440p 240Hz

I don't find they have a bad performance and i fly this Birds a lot..

But i assume this still have to do with the performance of the sim itself.

I sometimes get complete holds of the sim from seconds but the Boeings are just performing OK for me.

cheers 😉 

• Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

I noticed with the Heavy Mod 787 that the performance was abysmal compared to the FBW NEO. I remember in the past that the NEO had a terrible performance because the displays were highly CPU dependantant. I don't believe FBW fixed that, but they did in their remaking of their displays make it less performance impactful. 

I think the 787 is still suffering from that initial pain of the default ND. My recommendation is for you to see if the Glass Cockpit Refresh Rate will give you a boost by going to a LOW instead of Medium or High. 

Hope that helps.

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

I've found the 747 cockpit performance to be pretty good (probably better than the FBW on balance) but the 787 performance is just awful, unfortunately. It often seems to get worse toward the end of a longer flight, too. External view performance is fantastic, making for a very obvious contrast.

I agree it's almost certainly something to do with how the cockpit displays are coded. Even low refresh doesn't make it much better, but medium or high refresh absolutely trashes the framerate.

James

I have the 6700K and it's OK for FSX - but depending on your settings, it may not be optimal for 2020(?) 

Afaik it's a Javascript Garbage Collection (GC) problem. An object, if not in use anymore, has to be erased from memory. Coherent GT/JS does that very regularly and that can result in microstutters. So the programmers need to find ways to avoid GC producing microstutter. Maybe by keeping and reusing objects. Well, developer stuff I don't entirely understand. 🙂

Edited by crimplene

Tried a long haul yesterday with the 787 and it CTDed after 5hrs over the Atlantic. Never had any CTD with only flying the FBW neo or CRJ…

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

4 hours ago, overspeed3 said:

I have the 6700K and it's OK for FSX - but depending on your settings, it may not be optimal for 2020(?) 

Yeah it is getting long in the tooth but just about every other aircraft is fine on my system at ultra 200 LOD 1440p so I kind of blame the aircraft 😜

5900X

32GB DDR4-3600MHz

ZOTAC RTX 3070 Ti

Game installed on 980 PRO

Main display Gigabyte M27Q X 27" 1440p 240Hz