Sign in to follow this  
FS Academy

FS Academy - Jetliner OUT NOW

1 hour ago, BostonJeremy77 said:

The downside IS that you have to nuke both your FBW A320 install

Is that really needed since the FBW A320 is a separate aircraft?

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Hi all,

I think something worth pointing out is that almost all airliners are flown with the same concepts. It isn't a type rating for the A320, but it IS a tutorial set for how to fly an airliner properly. That doesn't need a simulated LGCIU, ATSU or most other technical improvements brought with the FBW mod. Regular operations are achievable with the default jet.

IFR is for teaching how to fly IMC, rather than how to fly a DA62. VFR teaches overhead joins, circuits etc not how to fly a DR400.

Jetliner is teaching you how to fly a jet, which is only type specific to a certain level. Watch the reviews and see what I mean:

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, FS Academy said:

Hi all,

I think something worth pointing out is that almost all airliners are flown with the same concepts. It isn't a type rating for the A320, but it IS a tutorial set for how to fly an airliner properly. That doesn't need a simulated LGCIU, ATSU or most other technical improvements brought with the FBW mod. Regular operations are achievable with the default jet.

IFR is for teaching how to fly IMC, rather than how to fly a DA62. VFR teaches overhead joins, circuits etc not how to fly a DR400.

Jetliner is teaching you how to fly a jet, which is only type specific to a certain level. Watch the reviews and see what I mean:

YES. your product looks really good, and please dont forget, this is avsim! The crowd here often forgets they are NOT the main user/gamer pool anymore (if they were ever). People need to understand, that Avsim is now the niche within the niche. The vast VAST majority of MSFS2020 users likely dont even know what avsim is.

Disclaimer: i include myself in "they". but im working on it 😄

• Upvote 4

Having used fs academy products for fsx, p3d and msfs I can almost guarantee you that this is a very well made training tool. The developer is very helpful and loves to hear customer experiences. A serious enthusiast so to speak.

Some companies just offer only decent products and fs academy is one of them.

I think I'm going to try this package, there is always a lot to learn.

Cheers

Jozeff

• Upvote 1

The fsx p3d ones are the only thing I would rate as a training tool as I have seen. Others have part but this developer includes full and acurate documentation for all lessons for out of and in cockpit use.

• Upvote 1

Harry Woodrow

Yes, it was a little  out of my league at first but I kept trying and reading the documents.  Great stuff

• Upvote 1

Plus, its exactly these kind of product that can potentially make the new MSFS users stick around for longer than "yep, ive flown over my house, now back to Call of Duty".

i wish your product great success, just for that alone. More users, means more longer support for the game from Adobo , more addon sales, more interest from AAA devs, etc.

Edited by leprechaunlive
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/20/2021 at 3:10 PM, leprechaunlive said:

YES. your product looks really good, and please dont forget, this is avsim! The crowd here often forgets they are NOT the main user/gamer pool anymore (if they were ever). People need to understand, that Avsim is now the niche within the niche. The vast VAST majority of MSFS2020 users likely dont even know what avsim is.

Amen

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I bought Jetliner (and VFR and IFR), and I’m very glad I did. That’s said, there are a few issues - likely MSFS / SU4 and not FS Academy:

Jetliner 
1. Direct to kills the MCDU and freezes the ND

2. I couldn’t capture the ILS - APPR works, but it froze in HDG/App Nav and wouldn’t capture either the loc or g/a (could’ve been the direct to issue above)

3. Emergency decent - I start the emergency decent by pulling alt, hdg, speed, but it doesn’t seem to recognize the last one and continue with the checklist.

VFR:

1. Due to my not so great flying skills, I keep drifting of course a few degrees. It reminds me, and I get back on course, but after a while I’m a few miles from where I need to be vis-a-vis the airport. The problem is, it doesn’t recognize that I’m close, and tells me to keep flying. In both the UK and NZ, I kept flying past the airport for about 5 min, before I looked at my Navigraph charts and realized where I was. When I turned around in the UK, it recognized that I was back on course - but not in NZ.

2. It’s great that you change aircraft, and I’m learning a ton, but every time I’m in a new plane it takes a while to figure out the basics (flap settings, etc). It would be great if the manual had some additional info for each new plane.

Again, I think these are great products, but like anything, the state of the sim can cause issues.

• Upvote 1

It is a very good although basic tutorial. I am not very familiar with the A320 so it works for me. I do have an issue on the Approach Lesson. It lines you up and the FMC stops working and you fly off the map even after you seem to have all things setup. I haven't contacted FS Academy yet but will soon. 

When you used to PMDG or Flybywire it is basic but still good info.

"You can't soar with the Eagles if you're out hooting with Owls"

Windows 11 P3Dv4/5 FSXSE XPlane MSFS2020, B450 TOMAHAWK (MS-7C02) 1.0 MB, AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor
8176MB ATI AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT (MSI)Graphics Card,64GB Dual-Channel RAM , EVGA G3 750 W 80+ ATX Power Supply

2 hours ago, phatcat213 said:

It is a very good although basic tutorial. I am not very familiar with the A320 so it works for me. I do have an issue on the Approach Lesson. It lines you up and the FMC stops working and you fly off the map even after you seem to have all things setup. I haven't contacted FS Academy yet but will soon. 

When you used to PMDG or Flybywire it is basic but still good info.

Got with FS Academy and Navigraph was the issue. Had to reset MS 2020 to default navdata. No worries though still fun to fly. I fly P3D for complex planes any way for now.

Edited by phatcat213
add content

"You can't soar with the Eagles if you're out hooting with Owls"

Windows 11 P3Dv4/5 FSXSE XPlane MSFS2020, B450 TOMAHAWK (MS-7C02) 1.0 MB, AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor
8176MB ATI AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT (MSI)Graphics Card,64GB Dual-Channel RAM , EVGA G3 750 W 80+ ATX Power Supply

On 5/20/2021 at 3:10 PM, leprechaunlive said:

This place is now the old bitter crust of the pie and even MS and Asobo know it.

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

What’s the big deal with this? Because it has ‘study level’ in the title, the kids go crazy for it. And it’s only relevant for the DEFAULT A320? Oh my word.

Its not like FSL, PMDG or anyone else hasn’t had ‘study level’ documents before based on the real SOP’s manuals, AFM etc?

On 5/20/2021 at 1:10 PM, leprechaunlive said:

So why are you here? Trying to fit in with the real simmers? 

Friends, please dial down the rhetoric, or this gets locked. 

Cheers,

Pete

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11