Sign in to follow this  
dpergau

TCA and non-Airbus... anyone using it?

Hello all, I'm debating a TCA Officer purchase as I'm really enjoying learning the FSL A320 and my current controllers are showing their age.  My challenge is I also love flying the PMDG Boeings, Majestic Q400 and RealAir Dukes.  Can anyone vouch that this work/get-along with the TCA hardware?  I'm pretty sure I'll need to purchase FSUIPC and learning about it as well as part of this endeavour.

I did consider a yoke/throttle setup instead but this is not an option.  The desktop is shared with the family now and I was getting too much grief with the old yoke "being in the way" a few years ago.  Choose your battles 🙂

Thanks in advance for your time!

Dan

Edited by dpergau

Dan Pergau - PPL-SEL

I7-10700k, RTX4070, 32gb-3200mhz | Dell U3415W | Saitek Pro Pedals & Logitech 3D Extreme | - PMDG Boeings, iFly MAX, Fenix A320, Leonardo MadDog and Majestic Q400 | P3Dv5 & MSFS

Hi I have both the bravo and TCA.  Personally I wouldn’t use the TCA for anything other than twin airbus. If I had to choose one for all aircraft I would surely go with the bravo.

• Like 1

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the reply!  You bring up an interesting idea!  Just investing in the Bravo and keeping the 3d extreme pro, which is working nicely... so far.  It would not have the detents but I've managed to use the Saitek with no detents and just make a mental note where Climb Thrust is etc...

I'll add it to my 'check out' list.

Dan

Edited by dpergau

Dan Pergau - PPL-SEL

I7-10700k, RTX4070, 32gb-3200mhz | Dell U3415W | Saitek Pro Pedals & Logitech 3D Extreme | - PMDG Boeings, iFly MAX, Fenix A320, Leonardo MadDog and Majestic Q400 | P3Dv5 & MSFS

I didn’t mind flying the bus with my old CH throttle quadrant at all, no detents obviously. And I loved my 3D extreme pro until I wanted to fly the bus with my left hand. 

Edited by windycloud
  • Like 1

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Use it  for the PMDG 777 and FSL a320 but had to use fsuipc to configure for 777

• Like 1

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

I use it for aircraft with detents...the Majestic Dash 8 (condition levers), CRJ, and Airbuses. I fly the NGXu the most, so mostly use my Bravo still. 

• Like 1

Eric Szczesniak

Thanks all, this is very helpful!

Dan

Dan Pergau - PPL-SEL

I have it working on all birds I fly, from Piper Cub to F-16.

For Boeing (and EMB etc..) Birds, I have added a TO/GA (or GA for 75/67) button, and it's much easier to add than on Saitek one)

see here:

One thing to notice is while it can change w/ w/o denetnt, it's not flip a switch, you have to take and reengage 4 screws, so I just left it with no detents even for airbus.(actually I made my own with Idle rev, but that's another story)

Edited by C2615
  • Like 1

I use the Thrustmaster Airbus sidestick and throttle for the FSL A32X

For PMDG planes I use the twist on the sidestick for nose wheel steering, and a button on it for TOGA. I use a Honeycome Alpha Yoke, with the Thrustmaster Airbus throttle for everything else on PMDG.

It all seems to work quite well, although I occasionally get an issue where P3D doesn't seem to recognise the pitch and yaw inputs from the sidestick, I think because the Alpha yoke is still plugged in, so there are 2 mappings for pitch and roll. When that happens I move the Alpha Yoke a little, then the sidestick works again.

• Like 1

Calum Watt