Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

Any rumors to this 5.2 video guide?

Came across this video set to premiere on May 25 by Adam J Pestridge titled Update to P3Dv5.2 in 5 Easy Steps

I take it this is just a guess or insider leak?

Edited by Wise87

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Just now, Wise87 said:

Came across this video set to premiere on May 25 by Adam J Pestridge titled Update to P3Dv5.2 in 5 Easy Steps

I take it this is just a guess or an insider leak?

Eh, anyone credible is going to take the NDA seriously and probably wouldn't confirm if he's correct or just making his usual clickbait stuff. In either case, his actual content is usually pretty bad. 

• Like 3

Simbol has already told us to ignore it in the other thread, scroll down for info 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kand said:

Simbol has already told us to ignore it in the other thread, scroll down for info 

He could have written ....to the next point release.....

Probably not related to any possible unannounced next version of p3d...just basics steps as from 5.0 to 5.1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

His content is BS most of the time. His advice actually got my sim to run worse than it ever did before. I reverted to my normal settings. He also tends to rant and rave a lot. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

He only rants and raves when other users try to assist or advise him as he always knows  better, it is  the other users that are wrong or the software is not working correctly "A bad workman always blames his tools"

Edited by clive6354
  • Like 1

On 5/20/2021 at 8:03 AM, BostonJeremy77 said:

His content is BS most of the time. His advice actually got my sim to run worse than it ever did before. I reverted to my normal settings. He also tends to rant and rave a lot. 

Sounds like a very good reason not to subscribe or watch any of his material

My youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/c/Dkentflyer

Correct  but be prepared that if anyone complains that his advice has made their system worse he will say that the person has not followed his advice correctly.  In some instances this maybe correct  but in other instances his advice is wrong or self opinionated, which includes accusing developers of not knowing what they are doing with their own software

Example DXGI ERROR SOLVED (100%  GUARANTEED)

False and Misleading

Edited by clive6354

I would stay away from this person. His settings are for his computer, not yours. Each system is very individualistic. I watched his AA settings video..... would not recommend anything he says.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Eric 

I found that through my own experimentation, I have the sim running perfectly stable with even only 6GB RAM and medium/high settings. I get good visuals and performance and I am happy with it. His advice in the AntiAliasing video undid all that, I was getting stutters all over the place with decreased visual fidelity. So, I trust my own settings more. 

• Like 1

Please keep in mind that any videos regarding settings in P3D are only a guide and may not work on individual systems as every system is unique, therefore, you have to adjust the settings to suit your system.  Adam J Pestridge does make this clear in his youtube videos

• Like 1

Regarding the forthcoming Youtube video, I have read the following statement in which he explains why he has made such a video

"I’ve never covered the topic of upgrading to the next version so I decided to make one.. as 5.2 is the next version coming in the future, I was thinking this will make it relevant to those in the future when the time comes"

His "Delusions of Grandeur" must be accompanied by a crystal ball as  such forward, in-depth thinking and in "5 easy steps" to boot, I hope that LM do not change their installation procedure, or else his foresight will all be for nothing

What does concern me is that the Youtube video contains the logo of P3D, therefore, new users or users that do not know any better will think that the content of the video is endorsed by LM.  As all users are aware LM has made the installation or upgrade procedure for P3D as easy as possible as long as users take the time to read the installation documentation.  In my opinion, if any user has difficulty installing or upgrading P3D because they have not read the documentation or do not understand it they should consider if they are capable of using P3D

The dislikes count on the video page ( even before it is released) has had to be cleared twice as the amount of dislikes continue to rise, comments have also been removed.  Such is the price of fame.

I have just observed the P3D logo on his video graphics has been altered the V5.2 has been removed, interesting!!

Edited by clive6354

Upgrading to the next version will be same as usual.. I do it about 2 times per week while testing.. uninstall old version, install new version, done.. nothing really hard about it.

Regards,

Simbol

42 minutes ago, simbol said:

Upgrading to the next version will be same as usual.. I do it about 2 times per week while testing.. uninstall old version, install new version, done.. nothing really hard about it.

Regards,

Simbol

Just update AILRP and go on holidays .... ✈️

• Like 2

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0