Sign in to follow this  
Mace

Terrain Level Bounce - Any Suggestions?

Guest RobbyGatHome

Hello Everyone.I've come across a strange thing in FSX. The terrain level seems to bounce at set intervals. I first noticed it with the A310 from CLS but now I notice it almost all the time on the ground - with default a/c and add-on a/c. I have loaded Aeroworx's mesh for South Africa but the problem even occurs at US Airports and even during the default FSX missions. Some models like POSKY's 767's are quite sensitive and it's really not a good doing a long haul flight only to make it to the ground and your aircraft "crashes" because of a "bounce" breaking the nose wheel at the gate. Has anyone else experienced a similar problem and, if so, are there any fixes or mitigatory steps that can be taken. Thanks in advance.Regards,RobFAJS

I personally have never noticed that problem with default aircraft in FSX.Add-on aircraft, yes. The bounce is one of two things: a contact points issue or a scenery poly issue.Generally it's the contact points in the aircraft.cfg file. There appear to be differences in the way the two sims handle ground handling. (Pun intended).If it is the scenery, it is unusual because that would mean that the designer has placed multiple flatten polys, but with different elevations. To me that does not seem like a good design choice when attempting to simulate non-level airports.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Similar problems since I installed SP1 ...when taxiing or at gate, aircraft does unexpected bounce - even if stationary. Outside view looks ridiculous, seeing a lumbering 767 doing a "hop" and a great cloud of smoke gushes from the wheels - and a "grunt" sound accompanies the bounce too!I will investigate the scenery issue, as I have noticed this at airports where I have a second bgl file for afcad overriding the default scenery bgl.Ron