Sign in to follow this  
MäxliBäxli

IVAO MTL P3DV5.1HF1 No Lights

Good day,

I actually use P3Dv5.1HF1 with my good old IvAp Version 2.0.2. 

My problem:

I can´t see any lights on IVAO MTL (no beacon, no strobes).

I still see the models with the exact livery (installed it for 64 bit version), but no lights at all.

Is there anything i have to check / uncheck in P3D or IVAP Settings i missed?

Thankful for any help,

Greets,

Markus

P.S. I would also like to stick to IvAp instead of Altitude...

Win11Pro - i713700KF - RTX3080Ti

That's because IVAO MTL is still using very old models, If I am not mistaking they date from FS9? they need to create new AI models package inline with P3D SDK guidelines. And I doubg they will ever will, they might just do it only for MSFS.

Drop it.. switch to VATSIM and use AIGM-OCI as model matching.

Regards,

Simbol

Thank you for your quick answer, i think the lights used to work in v4, but i could be mistaken.

Would also like to stay in the IVAO network, so certainly i have to live with that.

Greets,

Markus

1 hour ago, MäxliBäxli said:

Thank you for your quick answer, i think the lights used to work in v4, but i could be mistaken.

No, P3D introduced new requirements to install landing lights since P3D V2 I believe... so unlikely.. as I said their models are extremely OLD (FS9) that is even prior to FSX (which also added new ways to install landing lights, followed by P3D).

S.

4 hours ago, simbol said:

No, P3D introduced new requirements to install landing lights since P3D V2 I believe... so unlikely.. as I said their models are extremely OLD (FS9) that is even prior to FSX (which also added new ways to install landing lights, followed by P3D).

S

Ok thank you for the infos, so i am going to live with that issue,

Greets

Markus

On 5/20/2021 at 9:29 AM, simbol said:

That's because IVAO MTL is still using very old models, If I am not mistaking they date from FS9? they need to create new AI models package inline with P3D SDK guidelines. And I doubg they will ever will, they might just do it only for MSFS.

Drop it.. switch to VATSIM and use AIGM-OCI as model matching.

Regards,

Simbol

Just a short update, IVAO surprisingly updated their old MTL to a newer version (called MTL 2).

So i deleted all my old MTLs and changed to the new ones. You now can see flaps, lights etc. 

Two important things:

1. For the new MTLs it is necessary to change to the new pilot client (= called "ALTITUDE"). 

2. Old liveries are actually missing (in my case Austrian 737-800WL for example). But it is still marked as Beta and updates (+ liveries) are coming along in the future.

More INFO:
https://mtlcatalog.ivao.aero

Greets,

Markus

• Like 1