Sign in to follow this  
kelvinr

Upcoming Payware Flora and Water Scenery for New Zealand

I've been working on this new scenery but unlike my freeware scenery at flightsim.to, this will be payware. Don't worry, though, the cost won't be much so hopefully more people will like to use it.

So here's some latest screenshots:
https://imgur.com/a/MhI5MHM

and here's a link to my discord where you can ask questions or chat, or whatever happens happens 🙂
https://discord.gg/mHwGkwHf

I will be releasing my scenery at the cost of $12.99. Remember, it covers the entire country of New Zealand and alot of work has been put in to try and represent it in the best way possible.
You can purchase here: https://gum.co/nz-flora-and-water
Edited by kelvinr
  • Like 3

yes, we need before after pics, price may seem a bit too much for the casual gamers ( consider that).

say sell a few thousands at this price or several 10k at say 5?

but good effort.

I guess this will interfere with Bijan's Seasons addon, won't it? Nonetheless, given NZ is relativey isolated one could just activate one or another, at least for short hops.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

On 5/21/2021 at 4:46 PM, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Looks interesting.

Some "before and after" comparisons would be good.

Hello, 

Thanks for you interest. I've had real world issues this week so comparison shots were delayed but my next task is to get more of these so hold tight, I'll post when they're viewable.

I do have a new version which extends the number of rivers especially, the freeware version has some issues but it was really a prototype while I was understanding the limits of the sdk. The payware version is a complete overhaul  of my freeware and fixes a whole lot of areas re vegetation and water bodies.

https://gumroad.com/l/nz-flora-and-water

Thanks

On 5/21/2021 at 11:54 PM, Treetops45 said:

Have you tested it with the new Orbx NZ Mesh??

T45

Hey, yes I have an it works flawlessly. Because the elevation mesh is simply that, my vevegation will still be in the same places but with a better representation of terrain height which only makes my scenery pop even more.

On 5/21/2021 at 9:56 PM, pmb said:

I guess this will interfere with Bijan's Seasons addon, won't it? Nonetheless, given NZ is relativey isolated one could just activate one or another, at least for short hops.

Kind regards, Michael

My scenery should take precedence as I have set priorities on the layers used. There is a work around, you can go into your Bijan Biomes.xml and comment or remove the following regions from it which will mean that biomes.xml will not interfere with my scenery, this gives you the best of both worlds. Supporters who buy my scenery will also be able to get changes made by sending me feedback (ideally in my discord https://discord.gg/c9NrEbhkSs) but when you purchase you'll have an email you can submit feedback to.

167    Chatham Island temperate forests
169    Fiordland temperate forests
170    Nelson Coast temperate forests
171    New Zealand North Island temperate forests
172    New Zealand South Island temperate forests
173    Northland temperate kauri forests
175    Richmond temperate forests
174    Rakiura Island temperate forests
180    Westland temperate forests
190    Canterbury-Otago tussock grasslands
194    New Zealand South Island montane grasslands

https://gumroad.com/l/nz-flora-and-water

On 5/21/2021 at 9:08 PM, wim123 said:

yes, we need before after pics, price may seem a bit too much for the casual gamers ( consider that).

say sell a few thousands at this price or several 10k at say 5?

but good effort.

Thanks for the feedback. I will be getting some more pics for comparison shots.

Orbx is selling their latest elevation mesh for the same price so my thinking was to sell at the same as I'm more trying to keep up with the market rate and for $12.99 NZD this is cheap enough for those who get pocket money right the way through to those who are earning from working. Remember, my scenery covers the entire country and having payware means I explicitly invest time into making improvements so you don't just get the who country of vegetation, you get free updates for life when they are made available.

Cheers,

SpritelyNZ

On 5/21/2021 at 11:54 PM, Treetops45 said:

Have you tested it with the new Orbx NZ Mesh??

T45

Yes, works great.

It looks very nice. Is there an FPS impact with this sort of scenery upgrade?

Just now, jarmstro said:

It looks very nice. Is there an FPS impact with this sort of scenery upgrade?

The only impact is loading time once in the Sim, this adds 38 seconds to the loading but once loaded there's no impact, in fact I found that it improved by 1 or 2 fps. 

@kelvinr Looks good mate, the discord link doesn't work, so I'd have asked there, but is there a specific load order if I also pick up Orbx's mesh pack? 

NB: are you using anything to enhance the ships as they seem way to big and bright for Wellington. For instance the ship in the top left corner of the shot of Evans Bay and the ones coming through the heads.

Cheers

Brendon

Brendon Isaac

Cheers Brendon! 

There's no conflicts with orbx scenery. 

Unfortunately, I haven't designed the ships and are not part of my scenery so I wouldn't be much help there. 

Edited by kelvinr

Will the color of the Lake Tekapo be more realistic (not the default lake textures)?