Sign in to follow this  
RFields5421

dll.xml problem

I can not seem to get FXS to find the dll.xml file and load the scenery object placer or the FSUIPC4 programs. The file is in the correct directory - C:Documents and SettingsxxxxxxxxApplication DataMicrosoftFSX. I have FSX installed to my c:games directory. I did have the FSUIPC4 on the menu, but something happens shortly thereafter to cause FXS not to display add-on aircraft in the select menu where you see a 360* view. After uninstalling FXS and reinstalling it several times (once no AI could be seen and once I installed it to the default directory) before it would work. Quit frustrating to say the least. If anyone has some good ideas I would be forever grateful, thanks

My DLL.XML is located:C:documents and settingsmynameapplication datamicrosoftfsx also.What is the contents of your file?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>Launchdll.xmlFalseFalseObject Placement ToolFalseFalse..Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDKSDKMission Creation Kitobject_placement.dllTraffic ToolboxfalseFalse..Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDKSDKEnvironment KitTraffic Toolbox SDKtraffictoolbox.dllVisual Effects ToolfalseFalse..Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDKSDKEnvironment KitSpecial Effects SDKvisualfxtool.dllFSUIPC 4FalseModulesFSUIPC4.dllThanks

There are some "extra" statements in yours.Here is mine, and at present it is working.<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>Launchdll.xmlFalseFalseObject Placement ToolTrueFalse..Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDKSDKMission Creation Kitobject_placement.dllTraffic ToolboxFalseFalse..Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDKSDKEnvironment KitTraffic Toolbox SDKtraffictoolbox.dllVisual Effects ToolTrueFalse..Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDKSDKEnvironment KitSpecial Effects SDKvisualfxtool.dllFSUIPC 4FalseModulesFSUIPC4.dll

Best Regards,

Guest bustervk

>There are some "extra" statements in yours.>>Here is mine, and at present it is working.>><?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>>>> Launch> dll.xml> False> False> > Object Placement Tool> True> False> ..Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDKSDKMission>Creation Kitobject_placement.dll> > > Traffic Toolbox> False> False> ..Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDKSDKEnvironment>KitTraffic Toolbox SDKtraffictoolbox.dll> > > Visual Effects Tool> True> False> ..Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDKSDKEnvironment>KitSpecial Effects SDKvisualfxtool.dll> > > FSUIPC 4> False> ModulesFSUIPC4.dll> >>Your Object Placement Tool cannot work with this xml, it should read:Object Placement ToolFalseregardsBert

Well,I do not know anything about what is right or wrong.However, to the best of my knowledge, everything in FX is working OK.I use FSUIPC (registered) and TrafficToolBox.So, if a statement is incorrect what should not be working?Like, what is "object placement tool" ?

Best Regards,

>Well,>I do not know anything about what is right or wrong.>>However, to the best of my knowledge, everything in FX is>working OK.>>I use FSUIPC (registered) and TrafficToolBox.>>So, if a statement is incorrect what should not be working?>>Like, what is "object placement tool" ? That refers to a tool in the SDK. The statement he is refering to is:Object Placement ToolTrue If you're not using it, then your CFG is correct. To enable the Object Placement Tool, you would just need to change theTrue to False under that heading. Having this tool disabled won't affect you FSX flying experience. Paul

Wide-5.jpg

OK,Which tool in the SDK does it refer to?I am using TrafficToolBox for FX.It displays flights and a map of aircraft in the area.That is working OKIts placement in the FX menu is OK.Like I said, I do not know how to program this file (XML).

Best Regards,

>I can not seem to get FXS to find the dll.xml file and load>the scenery object placer or the FSUIPC4 programs. The file is>in the correct directory - C:Documents and>SettingsxxxxxxxxApplication DataMicrosoftFSX. I have FSX>installed to my c:games directory. I did have the FSUIPC4 on>the menu, but something happens shortly thereafter to cause>FXS not to display add-on aircraft in the select menu where>you see a 360* view. After uninstalling FXS and reinstalling>it several times (once no AI could be seen and once I>installed it to the default directory) before it would work.>Quit frustrating to say the least. If anyone has some good>ideas I would be forever grateful, thanksHave you re-installed FSUIPC4 after your most recent install of FSX?If not, do that. If so, then I'm not sure what to do.Concerning the object placement tool: have you modified dll.xml so thatthe path is (for example) c:program filesmicrosoft gamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator X SDKSDKMission Creation Kitobject_placement.dllI have FSX installed on another drive and I had to change the path.make sure to change True to False.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

Yes I re-installed FSUIPC4. I just deleted dll.xml and re-installed FSUIPC4 again. It now works. I will keep trying the other program. Thanks

Steve,Could you post the "good" newly created XML you have so I can see if I have a problem with mine?Thanks,

Best Regards,

At the moment all it says is:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>Launchdll.xmlFalseFalseFSUIPC 4FalseModulesFSUIPC4.dll

>OK,>Which tool in the SDK does it refer to?> The Object Placement Tool... Unless you are adding scenery objects to your existing scenery, you don't need it enabled... Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Paul and Steve,Thanks for the additional information.

Best Regards,

>>OK,>>Which tool in the SDK does it refer to?>>>> The Object Placement Tool...>> Unless you are adding scenery objects to your existing> scenery, you don't need it enabled...>> Paul>Or creating your own Missions, which is what the tool is really designed for :->Tim