Sign in to follow this  
AntillesFlyer

Anyone used Perfect Flights Bush trips

Hi Guys

Any one used/done these at all? I'm thinking about getting the Round the World trip to give me a break from the long haul flights, and wanted to see what peoples experiences have been like with their products.

Cheers

Brendon

Brendon Isaac

I bought the France/Benelux trip and made the France trip through 1/3 so far (will go on). There are a couple of issues which, as I understand, are caused by the MSFS engine and not limited to Perfect Flight. (i) Sometimes a leg starts at night, which obviously isn't well-suited for VFR flying. You can change this by temporarily switching to the developer mode. (ii) Sometimes the Navlog is empty at the beginning of a leg. This can be remedied by copying a missing entry from the original file to the current one in advance. (Detail in the official forum).

The flights itself have well-selected POIs with a (very) short explanation each, however, occasionally I would like to see a higher density of POIs and hints as some sections between POIs are a bit long, notably over more dull landscape.

I would prefer having an accompanying .pdf document plus a map showing the flight plan to prepar for the next leg offline in advance, perhaps read about the POIs to expect next, check for obstacles etc. Something like a printout of the Navlog. However, none of a few Missions which I tried so far (Freeware and Payware alike) don't see this a necessity.

Kind regards, Michael 

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

@pmbthanks Michael for your insights .

It sounds like no deal breakers then, and they're cheap enough to take a punt on especially as it's saying it would take over 89 hours to compete! 

(Am I the only one who looks at the price of an item and then divides it by the hours spent using it to work out it's real value). This works out at $16 aussie dollars for 89 hours min, so that's about 20 cents an hour. 

I was a little concerned about the length as well of some of the legs, but was thinking the shorter flights would be good for a quick flight after work. Who knows I may even learn something as well.

Cheers

Brendon 

Brendon Isaac

43 minutes ago, AntillesFlyer said:

I was a little concerned about the length as well of some of the legs, but was thinking the shorter flights would be good for a quick flight after work. Who knows I may even learn something as well.

Most of the legs are around 45 min - 1h, which I find okay. BTW, you can change the plane via the Developer Mode as well. I use the Carenado M20 Ovation, which isn't too slow.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Interesting discussion. Hi pmb, Using Perfect Flight, can you please describe how to change aircraft (and other variables) with the Developer Mode ?

Maybe a quick step-through ? 

Thanks in advance

Beagle

Just a note, you don't have to go to developer mode if the flight starts at night.  Just restarting the flight will change it to daytime clear weather.  Otherwise I pretty much agree with pmb.  I've completed the UK and Ireland but I think I'll go back and give at least one leg a try with Bush Talk Radio.  That might be the total package.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ericosmith said:

Just a note, you don't have to go to developer mode if the flight starts at night.  Just restarting the flight will change it to daytime clear weather.   

Thanks, that's something  I'll definitely try the next time I'll find myself on the rudway at midnight.

Kind regards, Michael

@pmbI grabbed the round the world trip and am going to give it a whirl this weekend once my Honeycomb quadrant arrives (hopefully Thursday or Friday). I can definitely see what you mean about the pdf as it would be seriously useful but I guess they're worried that people would just send it to there mates and not buy it.

Brendon Isaac