Sign in to follow this  
Fielder

Exclusive Preview Turbo Arrow Youtube starts soon.

Starts at 3PM GMT... (UK time)... Saturday May 22

If you click link, then you can 'set reminder' to go there when it starts broadcasting...

• Like 3

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

He said it's "So much more powerful" and "Took off in half the time"..  

No, it looked standard to me as the Arrow III as it should. There should be no real difference until you start hitting high altitude.  No sure who this guy is but those statements he made are absolutely false. 

Edited by styckx
  • Like 5

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

I'll pass.  A Turbo Arrow without deicing equipment is useless especially with the way FS2020 does icing effects on aircraft in clouds.  I remember using the modded Turbo G36 over the Canyon Lands/Grand Canyon areas of the Southwest and the range in altitude variations and cloud cover made for iced up windows trying to find/land at high altitude airfields (no other choice in some areas as the base altitude is 6,000ft plus to start and that's not even being in the mountains).  I had to switch to the TBM for that type of flying.  The Arrow would be far worse and slower.  No thank you... 

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

36 minutes ago, Dillon said:

I'll pass.  A Turbo Arrow without deicing equipment is useless especially with the way FS2020 does icing effects on aircraft in clouds.  I remember using the modded Turbo G36 over the Canyon Lands/Grand Canyon areas of the Southwest and the range in altitude variations and cloud cover made for iced up windows trying to find/land at high altitude airfields (no other choice in some areas as the base altitude is 6,000ft plus to start and that's not even being in the mountains).  I had to switch to the TBM for that type of flying.  The Arrow would be far worse and slower.  No thank you... 

A litttle cheat I did. Go into your keyboard controls and bind "windshield deice" (or window. Forget exactly the name) to ctrl-i. Even planes with no real windshield deicing will now have it. 

Edited by styckx

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

I would just wait for next week update before discarding this aircraft because of deicing

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

The only difference I notice from the standard version is the tail section, and the performance seems to be the same at take off and cruising at low altitudes.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

I did not purchase the normally aspirated Arrow so I'll be getting this one.  June will be expensive with that DC6 as well lol.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

2 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

I did not purchase the normally aspirated Arrow so I'll be getting this one.  June will be expensive with that DC6 as well lol.

You will be one of the few who this appeals to. It's literally a skin scratching climb of agony for the Arrow III to even reach an altitude that the turbo even comes into a factor. For me it's "Do I just risk stalling or settle for a lower altitude because this is literally becoming painful to ascend to the cruising altitude."    Add too that what @Dillon mentioned about the plane naturally doesn't even have real deicing features. The market for this is very narrow to those who already bought the Arrow III.

Just like in real life, it is only going to benefit really long legs or flying over very high terrain or at very high pressure altitudes.

If you use the Arrow to potter around the Caribbean doing short coffee runs and the odd circuit at Juliana St Maarten the turbo will be a waste of time

It will be useful for me on enough occasions to pick it up.  For example on a recent trip from Vancouver up to Alaska the standard Arrow was really struggling to gain altitude over the mountains in central Canada and at 12,000 feet was barely climbing to clear the peaks.  By all accounts by 10,000 feet the turbo should be kicking in.

Even in PNG it could make a difference taking off on a very hot day. Though that depends on how the sim handles pressure altitude.

Beyond the speed differences and such, there is actually another reason to own the Turbo Arrow, and that is because it has different take off and landing characteristics owing to it having a T tail, which affects elevator authority at certain pitch angles. 

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

On 5/22/2021 at 11:40 PM, Ixoye said:

The only difference I notice from the standard version is the tail section, and the performance seems to be the same at take off and cruising at low altitudes.

Here's a quick list of the differences from the standard version.  Still might not be for you but worth pointing these out for others who might be interested.  And of course remember if you already own the standard Arrow that we released back in March you can get 66% off this one.  

• Two variants of the Arrow – Turbo Arrow III (conventional tail) and Turbo Arrow IV (T-tail). Other obvious exterior difference is the engine cowling, which houses the turbocharged TSIO-360, giving the aircraft a more sporty look (especially with the T-tail).
  • Ten liveries (five per variant)
  • Blue/grey cockpit colour scheme on the Turbo Arrow III, tan on the Turbo Arrow IV
  • Cleaner, less worn cockpit to reflect private ownership (versus flying club ownership of Arrow III)
  • Turbocharged engine sounds and some cockpit sounds (e.g. fuel pump)
  • Differences in panel configuration – fuel primer pushbutton, two-position (high/low) fuel pump switch, engine instruments differ (EGT gauge, temperature and pressure indicators)
  • Differences in flight dynamics due to heavier engine and T-tail characteristics
  • High altitude performance of turbocharged engine – ideal for longer range flights with higher cruise altitudes, getting above weather and terrain etc
  • Turbocharger overboost failure simulation, giving you something else to manage (optional, depending on maintenance option)

Hope that helps. 
  • Like 2

This is a more informative video, actual pilot with several hundred hours in the Turbo Arrow IV:

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

On 5/22/2021 at 11:57 AM, styckx said:

He said it's "So much more powerful" and "Took off in half the time"..  

No, it looked standard to me as the Arrow III as it should. There should be no real difference until you start hitting high altitude.  No sure who this guy is but those statements he made are absolutely false. 

It's youtube...he had to throw atleast some "OMFG wow false hype" in there 🤣😂

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2