Sign in to follow this  
-Belga-

PMDG is coming to MSFS

14 minutes ago, w6kd said:

No, on a platform that forces updates on the user base, we are all being taken by surprise--time after time

I think this is getting better slowly, especially with the Beta. Also, I would expect in the next year(s), the rate of updates will get less generally anyway.

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

21 minutes ago, Noel said:

I understand what your point is here but seriously--have ANY planes, default or otherwise, "gone out of service", post-updates to MSFS?

I'm seriously trying to tell if you're joking here.  I'll assume you are not.

One example--the WU3 update borked flap operation for just about all the acft in the sim for several weeks until Asobo issued an emergency hotfix.

Asobo also says they are working on improvements (that means changes) to the flight dynamics.  So as those changes trickle out, how fast will PMDG be able to react and re-work their complex FDE parameterizations on a new engine to compensate for them?

• Like 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

1 minute ago, abrams_tank said:

So I went over to the PMDG forums and some users seemed to be unhappy with the news from PMDG, saying in their posts that PMDG is shifting their resources away from P3D into MSFS.

But I did not read anything in Randazzo's post or hear anything in his video, that explicitly stated PMDG is shifting resources out of P3D and into MSFS.  All I read and heard from Randazzo was that PMDG is moving more resources into MSFS, but he didn't say where those resources are being drawn from (ie. I don't recall him saying resources for P3D products was being lowered).

Did I miss this somewhere?  Why do some users in the P3D forum think that PMDG is shifting resources out of P3D?  I totally didn't get that conclusion at all when I watched the video and read Randazzo's post in the PMDG forum.

It's because they spent thousands of dollars on addons and don't want to give that up or they are just miserable human beings lol

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

So I went over to the PMDG forums and some users seemed to be unhappy with the news from PMDG, saying in their posts that PMDG is shifting their resources away from P3D into MSFS.

But I did not read anything in Randazzo's post or hear anything in his video, that explicitly stated PMDG is shifting resources out of P3D and into MSFS.  All I read and heard from Randazzo was that PMDG is moving more resources into MSFS, but he didn't say where those resources are being drawn from (ie. I don't recall him saying resources for P3D products was being lowered).

Did I miss this somewhere?  Why do some users in the P3D forum think that PMDG is shifting resources out of P3D?  I totally didn't get that conclusion at all when I watched the video and read Randazzo's post in the PMDG forum.

I think for now it is fine but just picture, PMDG, QW, Majestic (with the exception of FSL as I don't see them coming any time soon) .. etc are available in MSFS, then the question would be, would should I keep P3D or buy P3D? I think that are the worries which are genuine for some, especially if you have poured thousands of Euros into Add-ones in P3D

Edited by omarsmak30
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, steve310002 said:

Sadly I cannot justify the PMDG sales price if this or any of their offering is priced much higher than $50. I understand for some money is no object but I would have thought PMDG would be targetting the mass market and sales volume like Aerosoft has done with the CRJ. I am sure they would make considerably more money with an attractive sales price given the vast number of MSFS users. Tens of thousands of sales at $50 makes eay more sense than a thousand sales or so at $90 or even more (which I guess thr 737/777 might be). And most average sim users will never justify spending large sums of cash for an addon no matter how detailed it is.

Not all will agree but I know many will feel the same.

I agree 100% with this. The fact that they opened a youtube channel for marketing gives me a little bit of hope. 

MSFS is a "Game" for 95% of the userbase, and they will freakout if the plane cost more than the Sim.

I am not sure if I would pay more than $60.

I also hope it makes it to the Marketplace.

Cheers :)

N.-

1 hour ago, highflyer2020 said:

I hope so, PMDG is obviously trying to modernize their company at the same time with the launch of a YT channel and possibility of streaming I hope they make their products available through the market place (as well as other stores for people who don't like it).

I for one don't want to purchase it through their website and then by forced to display my full name/passport number on their forums when I want support!

If you want official support you will still have to go to the forums, sadly. 

Cheers :)

N.-

6 minutes ago, devgrp said:

You're hoping msfs fails right? I'm sure pmdg knows all about the update cycle unless they have been living in a hole, so I think they'll be good. 

No, I'm not hoping it fails.  I'm actually hoping that one day it actually lives up to its advertising. 

• Like 9
  • Upvote 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

2 minutes ago, w6kd said:

No, I'm not hoping it fails.  I'm actually hoping that one day it actually lives up to its advertising. 

It already has. It makes flying a lot more enjoyable. Don't care too much for airliners now and I had all the pmdg birds for p3d, but what makes it so much more fun is that I can fly and navigate like I have done in real life. Nothing else comes close atm

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, w6kd said:

It already does, big times. 

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, w6kd said:

One example--the WU3 update borked flap operation for just about all the acft in the sim for several weeks until Asobo issued an emergency hotfix.

But as you say they quickly issued a hot fix so what's the big deal? My sim is running great and if future updates break it for a few days but I get improvements once it's fixed it doesn't break my heart.

XP's torturing six month Vulkan beta program was far worse. And still the Device Loss CTD isn't fixed.

13 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

, saying in their posts that PMDG is shifting their resources away from P3D into MSFS.

But this is normal, what do you wanne sell on this old plattforms ??

This sims are past, they have to go to the future and thats MSFS, they would be stu*id not to do so because this is the market that counts for the next 10years - clearly said !

cheers 😉

• Like 2

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Well we all know the NG will be with us this year and the 777 and 747 after. So forgive me in thinking my glass is half full and not empty. 

Hows this for "advertising".

NY from a post on the P3D forums only this week.

SHmHfRd.jpg

One going the other way in my Spit.

Screenshot-1151.png

Personly I think its living upto its advertising and we now know PMDG are coming "soon" 

For once Robert does mean "soon" "June"

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 10

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

4 hours ago, omarsmak30 said:

So is MSFS still a game and the SDK is still not ready?

We likes our glasses half-empty.

• Like 3

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

13 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Well we all know the NG will be with us this year and the 777 and 747 after. So forgive me in thinking my glass is half full and not empty. 

Hows this for "advertising".

NY from a post on the P3D forums only this week.

Yiks these Minecraft AG lol, I really forgot how P3D looks like lol.  

• Like 2