Sign in to follow this  
-Belga-

PMDG is coming to MSFS

1 hour ago, pmplayer said:

But this is normal, what do you wanne sell on this old plattforms ??

This sims are past, they have to go to the future and thats MSFS, they would be stu*id not to do so because this is the market that counts for the next 10years - clearly said !

cheers 😉

Yeah, it's implicit that PMDG has shifted resources from P3D to MSFS.  But Randazzo didn't say it explicitly.  Of course, saying it explicitly would be the best form of confirmation.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

15 minutes ago, devgrp said:

well its certainly leaps and bounds ahead of p3d which up until a year ago was the gold standard. We've lived with fsx and p3d for so long with the flying on rails FD, now we have a real one and now suddently its trash lol. Its 2021, the days of a dead flying environment is over. The planes in xp and p3d feels dead in comparison to msfs.

I fire up xp the other day and switching to the outside view in the c172, the plane just looks static. If I didnt have the sound up I would have thought the game was paused. Same for p3d. With msfs the world is alive. The plane gets bumped around every now and then by pockets of wind. This is much more representive of a real flight. I was in the usaf for 8 years and I've been on lots of planes and I've never been on one even on a calm day that the plane wasnt being bumped around.

Please post a recent video of the ga plane hunting around and I'll post one debunking all the things you mentioned

Well, we'll have to disagree here, although I'll grant you that MSFS is certainly good at that leaping and bounding thing you mention.  I was a USAF pilot for 27 years, was a flight examiner and instructor pilot, and was qualified in a fairly wide variety of aircraft (T-41s, T-38s, three models of C-20/C-37 Gulfstream business jets, and heavy C-141B transports), flew as a passenger or auxiliary crewmember in a bunch more, and I'll tell you definitively that in real world flying there is indeed a such thing as smooth air without noticeable turbulence, more prevalent as the acft speed and gross weight increases.

I can easily write a utility in FSX/P3D that will bounce the acft around randomly...if being bounced around by artificially-induced turbulence is your idea of being "alive", that's already trivially achievable in pretty much any sim platform.

I've also written FDE sets for the ESP-based sims, and as part of that developed a lot of experience in gross approximation and fine measurement of acft performance in a desktop sim environment.  The MSFS acft, with their...how did you call it..."real one" FDE, were just miles off the reservation.  The Citation Longitude, as an example, took off at max gross weight and accelerated to nearly Vne before turning crosswind at the airfield boundary departing KCOS under summer conditions with a PA of nearly 10,000 ft.  The hypersensitive pitch response resembled an acft with an aft CG dangerously far out of limits.  It was absolutely absurd.  If that's what you call "real" flight dynamics, well, I think you're far too-easily pleased.  That's OK, someone still needs to love the ugly babies.

PMDG has a really talented FDE guy.  But his FDE won't be accurate and stable if the platform isn't reliably so.  And so far, it's not.  So I hope he has a lot of time blocked out for continuous re-tweaking of his work as the platform morphs under his feet.  No matter how good you are, that's gonna present a giant case of chronic butt pain.

• Like 9
  • Upvote 6

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

The next exciting news .. the first A2A aircraft for MSFS.😉

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, w6kd said:

Well, we'll have to disagree here, although I'll grant you that MSFS is certainly good at that leaping and bounding thing you mention.  I was a USAF pilot for 27 years, was a flight examiner and instructor pilot, and was qualified in a fairly wide variety of aircraft (T-41s, T-38s, three models of C-20/C-37 Gulfstream business jets, and heavy C-141B transports), flew as a passenger or auxiliary crewmember in a bunch more, and I'll tell you definitively that in real world flying there is indeed a such thing as smooth air without noticeable turbulence, more prevalent as the acft speed and gross weight increases.

Then stick to real life flying. Instead of trashing a £59 pc sim. Go and fly for real and stop whining.

• Like 11
  • Upvote 2

Has he hit a nerve with his coherent and rational thoughts on this matter? It certainly looks like it.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 5

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

21 minutes ago, espent said:

If you are going to add things for dramatic effect to emphasize your point it should at least be closer to the truth. It not it just makes you look less intelligent than the average user on AVsim. 

I'm not particularly interested in your assessment of my intelligence, out of line as that comment is.

What's untruthful?  Specifics please, because I *will* refute them.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

47 minutes ago, Tom_L said:

Speaking of "all in": Aerosoft is, now RSR claimed to be "all in", and we are yet to hear from FSLabs and Majestic. Any bets?

Ultimately, $$$ will force FSLabs and Majestic to be all in or not in MSFS.  If FSLabs and Majestic aren't getting the $$$ on the other platforms to keep them in business, they will leave those platforms without a second thought, and go full steam in MSFS.

It comes down the $$$.  It's that simple.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Has he hit a nerve with his coherent and rational thoughts on this matter? It certainly looks like it.

My "Ignore" list keeps growing.. 😉

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Bert

1 minute ago, w6kd said:

You said there was false advertising. Specifically what was false?

FSL take weeks to update the P3D versions of their planes whenever there is an update, so God knows how they are going to deal with Microsoft Flight Simulator.

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

45 minutes ago, devgrp said:

Just took a look at the pmdg forum and this post stood out lmao

"With this announcement I see very clearly that PMDG is being dazzled by the candy for the eyes. I feel that this platform is not a simulator for me or, well, it lacks a lot even for my personal point. I'll look at that little game like super mario arcade. the controls like the keyboard and mouse the latter as JOKE was not implemented as in FSX, FS2004 and like the P3D and that makes me very crude even and among many other things. I will wait 5 years and see how the development of that game is going for now I will be faithful to P3D. but personally I am very happy for PMDG that it seeks new horizons for the new generation of simulation players. I think that the idea, the dreams, the wishes, the dreams of the B767 for P3D have died with this announcement for at least another 6 or more years and I will cry because PMDG is the only frankenstein that could give a real life to that Aircraft and maybe to the iconic B727. So for those of us who are lovers of these two aircraft, we will only have to carry them in our thoughts. Rob and PMDG always wish you the best frown.png"

I don't get it.  It the fallacy of sunken costs?  Maybe they spent thousands of dollars on P3D and can't part with it?  If so, maybe that's understandable.

But if you come from a developed country, and you have spent under $1000 in total on that flight simulator, it doesn't make sense to stick with it forever.  If a better flight simulator comes along, and it's better by a huge margin, just jump ship and roll with the better product.  I will gladly abandon MSFS if another flight simulator comes along that is leaps and bounds better than MSFS. 

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jarmstro said:

You said there was false advertising. Specifically what was false?

The simulation of flow over/across terrain, for starters.  I think it's telling that there are no sailplanes in MSFS, because there'd be a whole bunch of unhappy campers looking for ridge lift that isn't there.  A true simulation of wind interaction with terrain would result in that.  They had slick graphics showing how they were supposedly modelling airmass flow and its effects--I find no evidence of that behavior in the sim.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, w6kd said:

I'm not particularly interested in your assessment of my intelligence, out of line as that comment is.

You said that planes will stop working twice a month. Please refute. 

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

What amazing news 😀

I started reading this thread and found the cynicism too miserable to continue with so have skipped to the (current) end - what fantastic news to think we might have PMDG 737 and 777 in MSFS by the end of 2021 👍

• Like 8

Like several other developers who pepper the landscape with empty promises, Asobo spends half its time creating expectations and the other half pretending to explain why it hasn't met them.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1