Sign in to follow this  
-Belga-

PMDG is coming to MSFS

DC6 brings back memories of staying in the hose as they blanketed the city, first with Baygon then Malathion to eradicate the mosquitoes. The sound of those four engines crisscrossing the sky, and going out afterwards when not a bug was chirping brings back memories. First day buy for me.! 

On 5/22/2021 at 12:31 PM, Bert Pieke said:

My "Ignore" list keeps growing.. 😉

Yeah I hear you.  20+ years on AVSIM and I don't have anyone on ignore (yet) but this thread may make me do it.

Some of you forget that you're talking to fellow flight simmers here, not "Xplane users" or "MSFS users" or "P3D users".   Pigeon-holing people into groups and making them the "enemy" is not what flight simming or AVSIM is all about. 

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

4 minutes ago, Mace said:

Yeah I hear you.  20+ years on AVSIM and I don't have anyone on ignore (yet) but this thread may make me do it.

Some of you forget that you're talking to fellow flight simmers here, not "Xplane users" or "MSFS users" or "P3D users".   Pigeon-holing people into groups and making them the "enemy" is not what flight simming or AVSIM is all about. 

This needs to be made an enforceable sticky rule at this point!🍻

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

Is there any information on the cargo version of the DC6?

• Upvote 1

On 5/23/2021 at 2:57 PM, kevinfirth said:

But don't you see how silly this is? Of course PMDG and Aerosoft seem to have come up with good products, but the point is they HAVENT DONE THIS WITH THE PUBLICLY AVAILABLE SDK!

Have you asked yourself, what advantages having two SDKs would have for anybody? Answering this question, you should realize how silly your hypothesis is.

1 minute ago, mrueedi said:

Have you asked yourself, what advantages having two SDKs would have for anybody? Answering this question, you should realize how silly your hypothesis is.

Thanks for the reply, can I ask you to read the whole thread, as there are some later posts which may have influenced your response....this one is a bit redundant as a result 👍

• Upvote 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

I am very happy that the DC6 is making is entre so much earlier than expected! In anticipation I decided to reinstall p3dv4 and the dc6 and having a blast learning the systems. It's funny how I now can put all my sliders to the right and still have great frames, and even with orbx Norway and extra scenery etc etc etc, it all looks outdated 🙂 

She is fun to  fly, and I do like what the GTN650 gives to the experience in p3d. I guess I'll learn to live without it in msfs. She isn't a very fast bird, but of course, for a prop plane she does ok! About 160ish knots in the climb and 250ish knots at cruise doesn't allow for great distances unless you're willing to put in the time. 

Looking forward to having her available in a modern sim so all dimensions of the flight can be enjoyed, not only the systems. Thank you PMDG 🙂

Edited by Andreas Stangenes
  • Like 3

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

1 hour ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

She is fun to  fly, and I do like what the GTN650 gives to the experience in p3d. I guess I'll learn to live without it in msfs.

I have asked Robert about integrating the PMS GTN (work in progress) and he said that PMDG is looking into it. I plan on using mostly old-school Navaids, but having that possibility would be definitely welcome!

Edited by GCBraun
  • Like 3

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

4 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Hello Rob,

I'd appreciate it if you would withhold from false remarks ... specifically "belittle".  I'm not prepared to enter into a conversation/debate with some AVSIM members that have never looked at the SDK but claim the SDK is sufficient nor said members that have zero experience with software engineering.  I've repeatedly provided significant holes and/or missing features (even screenshots of the documentation) and lack of supporting documentation in the MSFS SDK.  Do you think if I keep repeating them over and over that will be sufficient or will you define that as "belittle"?  I personally have no interest in either.  My interest was a fully functional SDK back in October 2019 so I could help MS make MSFS be the best on release day August 2020 and be in a position to provided for the FS community.  An approach that was NOT similar to the harmony we had with ACES but for some odd reason was decided against with MSFS?

If you'd like to take this "offline" feel free to PM me and I'll provide you with the specific SDK limits related to my project provided you sign my NDA (FYI, my project is not aircraft based).

Unfortunately, Microsoft have a habit of bleeding developers of ideas and implementation details (yes we do talk to each other believe it or not) and then releasing the very same feature later on leaving the developer with nothing.  Call it "just business" if you like, but as a businessman you should appreciate the protection of one's ideas and work.  But you're correct, I don't have a "relationship" with Microsoft because a relationship is a two way street ... maybe someday MS will open the street up?

I'd be happy to discuss with Mr. Neumann or more importantly with some actual Asobo/MS software engineers, but they will need to sign my NDA.  They have my number and email from Oct 2019.  I welcome a discussion.

Cheers, Rob.

I think you should stick to being the p3d evangelist. For someone who has never made an addon you sure have a lot to say about the SDK 😴

• Like 9

Did you not read his post? He is developing a product for MSFS, and yet you believe that he does not have experience with the SDK?? Perhaps you need to start looking at this debate from more than just one angle?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

3 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Did you not read his post? He is developing a product for MSFS, and yet you believe that he does not have experience with the SDK?? Perhaps you need to start looking at this debate from more than just one angle?

While I assume everyone is welcome to experiment with the SDK, this take it or leave it approach doesn't seem very helpful.

Pretty sure Aerosoft, PMDG, WorkingTitle and FlyByWire did not just say "your SDK is flawed, here is my number, call me back when you have signed my NDA"...

• Like 13
  • Upvote 2

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

12 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

Pretty sure Aerosoft, PMDG, WorkingTitle and FlyByWire did not just say "your SDK is flawed, here is my number, call me back when you have signed my NDA"...

From what we see on this forum, he has been desperately trying to enter the MFS inner circle for almost two years without much success, hence his absolute bitterness. Now he tries the WT connection to get the consultancy job he wants 🤣. As  for his products, do you know anything he ever made for P3D or XP which have a SDK ! So MFS...

• Like 6

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

8 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

hence his absolute bitterness

I noticed this bitterness too. But emotions need to be controlled. If I would be in charge of picking partners at Asobo/MS, I would consider the posts in the internet somebody writes. And I would avoid working with people with a negative attitude towards MSFS. Compare e.g. the posts the WT guys wrote before they were hired with those of some of the wannabe partners. I will never forget how Matt in this thread went to great lengths defending how good the SDK was. That is the attitude that opens doors. The single post by Rob on page 36 imho comes across as "Kreide fressen" as it would be called in German.

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

From what we see on this forum, he has been desperately trying to enter the MFS inner circle for almost two years without much success, hence his absolute bitterness. Now he tries the WT connection to get the consultancy job he wants 🤣. As  for his products, do you know anything he ever made for P3D or XP which have a SDK ! So MFS...

The name definetely rings a bell though, im fairly sure he has made stuff for sims before, i have no clue what thought. 

29 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

Apparently he ditched P3D and is only developing for MSFS according to his website here: https://simhorizon.com/ lol. 

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super