Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

PMDG Tutorial's for the coming DC-6

21 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

FWIW I am using an ancient 6700K with a 1080Ti.  I have been looking for a 3090 since Black Friday without success.  So far I have been very happy with the Six's performance.

BTW there will be lot's of glass forthcoming... but for me the enchantment of this aeroplane lies in manipulating a hugely complex mechanical creation with the assistance of the back side of a used envelope.  I refuse to use a GPS and instead rely on the dual VORs, ADFs and DMEs to plot my position and course.

For Children of Magenta, no doubt this is a frightening thought.  I do believe, there are others who will relish the opportunity.  PMDG, being PMDG has thoughtfully included the GPS and AFE for those less inclined to work themselves into a froth.  Of course, this results in the added benefit of an easier transition to type.  My fondest hope, is that once familiar with flows from the AFE, and after gaining experience in the aircraft, pilots will try to use the AFE less and less, and thus fully explore the intricacies of moving a heavy Douglas creation across continents.

Complying with departure or arrival flows at a busy airport AND manually manipulating this beauty, will result in a sense of accomplishment that few modern aircraft can rival. There are times, I land at Heathrow or Atlanta and actually just sit and sip on some Darjeeling, because I need a moment of respite.  

She's terribly endearing...

C

Ive told you before and this is the last warning Carl......stop teasing  😜

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

27 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

FWIW I am using an ancient 6700K with a 1080Ti.  I have been looking for a 3090 since Black Friday without success.  So far I have been very happy with the Six's performance.

BTW there will be lot's of glass forthcoming... but for me the enchantment of this aeroplane lies in manipulating a hugely complex mechanical creation with the assistance of the back side of a used envelope.  I refuse to use a GPS and instead rely on the dual VORs, ADFs and DMEs to plot my position and course.

For Children of Magenta, no doubt this is a frightening thought.  I do believe, there are others who will relish the opportunity.  PMDG, being PMDG has thoughtfully included the GPS and AFE for those less inclined to work themselves into a froth.  Of course, this results in the added benefit of an easier transition to type.  My fondest hope, is that once familiar with flows from the AFE, and after gaining experience in the aircraft, pilots will try to use the AFE less and less, and thus fully explore the intricacies of moving a heavy Douglas creation across continents.

Complying with departure or arrival flows at a busy airport AND manually manipulating this beauty, will result in a sense of accomplishment that few modern aircraft can rival. There are times, I land at Heathrow or Atlanta and actually just sit and sip on some Darjeeling, because I need a moment of respite.  

She's terribly endearing...

C

I like glass and all the modern gizmos but I am really looking forward to the DC-6.  It will be a challenge for sure.  It's going to be a lot of fun learning it.  Shame that I won't be able to fly some Pan-Am flights into Templehof.  We can't completely go back in time.  

2 minutes ago, Little Jenny said:

I like glass and all the modern gizmos but I am really looking forward to the DC-6.  It will be a challenge for sure.  It's going to be a lot of fun learning it.  Shame that I won't be able to fly some Pan-Am flights into Templehof.  We can't completely go back in time.  

It is a sim. The whole point is that you can do exactly what you want 🙂

• Like 2

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

Yes, these video tutorials are impressive, very professional, a pleasure to watch. They are an order of magnitude more convincing that the hyperbolic verbiage for 12-year old kiddos of Jörg Neuman & Co.  

The last I watched was the supercharger one which puts in perspective the absence of the same on the Corsair for instance... Just sayin'

The onslaught of dials on my computer worries me a bit though 😄.  

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

There is new one today 

• Like 2

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Absolutely stunning aircraft! Must have for me!

• Like 3

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

7 hours ago, espent said:

It is a sim. The whole point is that you can do exactly what you want 🙂

I'm sure the folks in Berlin might not be happy to see me landing on the park that used to be Tempelhof.  Hehehe...

20 minutes ago, Little Jenny said:

I'm sure the folks in Berlin might not be happy to see me landing on the park that used to be Tempelhof.  Hehehe...

You can try to turn back time with this mod: https://flightsim.to/file/6439/bushtrip-discover-berlin

i have not tried it myself, but it was the only hit I got on MSFS and Tempelhof

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

20 hours ago, espent said:

You can try to turn back time with this mod: https://flightsim.to/file/6439/bushtrip-discover-berlin

i have not tried it myself, but it was the only hit I got on MSFS and Tempelhof

Looks like the bush trip has you land where the airport used to be (the runways apparently are still there per Google Maps.   Hmm.... 😉

Edited by Little Jenny

I can see  a world tour coming up when the Dc 6 is available. It looks simply stunning.

• Like 4

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

I was watching #18, The Straight In Landing, shot from the Left Hand Seat.

I noticed what look like 2 white with red fleck bungee cords above the center of the dashboard.

What are they for?

T45

I think I don't  need it released for P3D v5 anymore. This one in MSFS will do. 😄

Karl

• Like 1

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

43 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

I was watching #18, The Straight In Landing, shot from the Left Hand Seat.

I noticed what look like 2 white with red fleck bungee cords above the center of the dashboard.

What are they for?

T45

I think they are for shock mounting of the compass. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Another Nice DC6 Video. 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310