Sign in to follow this  
lliaudais

Kneeboard and HTML

In FS9 we could use HTML in the Kneeboard, but in FSX it doesn't appear to work.Has anyone found a way to alter the Kneeboard and use HTML?

Times have changed; if you move kneeboard_keys.htm out of the sim completely, you will notice that no features are lost. That's a clue that the kneeboard isn't using the keys file like FS9. Use it with a browser instead and go on your merry way....Loyd

>Times have changed; if you move kneeboard_keys.htm out of the>sim completely, you will notice that no features are lost. >That's a clue that the kneeboard isn't using the keys file>like FS9. Use it with a browser instead and go on your merry>way....>>Loyd>>I don't follow what you are saying!It seems like the sim edits out certain HTML verbs.

We need someone to hack the 'kneeboard.xzp' file and add another button; possibly called 'MyStuff'.

>>Times have changed; if you move kneeboard_keys.htm out of the>>sim completely, you will notice that no features are lost.>>That's a clue that the kneeboard isn't using the keys file>>like FS9. Use it with a browser instead and go on your merry>>way....>>Loyd>I don't follow what you are saying!>It seems like the sim edits out certain HTML verbs.Most of the "features" that were added to the FS9 kneeboard were accomplished by edits to the kneeboard_keys.htm file. This "kneeboard" is more restricted in what it can do. It doesn't even read the kneeboard_keys.htm file to display the key commands but rather an xml file. It no longer has the hyperlink features that we are used to in browsers.But those features could always have been used instead by opening the kneeboard_keys.htm file with IE or another browser -- I did it all the time. My point is that you can still have the features, just not with the kneeboard itself - heck, it didn't even keep a history of the links (which they didn't intend to use, I guess), so we had no "return to Previous file" ability.I have a link in my FS9 kneeboard to weather info and charts. But because of the limited size in the kneeboards, I've always preferred to open them with IE or Firefox instead - and display them on monitor 2 along with MovingMap. We just have to go to a normal browser to keep those functions unless/until the appropriate code is altered. And because of the size limitations, I won't use it even then for anything except possibly for refreshing my aging memory about my "Mission Objectives".As McCrash alluded to, the 'kneeboard.xzp' is probably what controls/limits/defines what the kneeboard is and does. Someone will, no doubt hack it, replace it, or find a workaround. Some things just take time. Somewhere between tomorrow and forever, no doubt.Loyd