Sign in to follow this  
jchpa32

Why aren't the N numbers the proper size?

For years now, Carenado/Alabeo  have put various sized N numbers on their aircraft, but they never seem to be the RIGHT size, at least until just the more recent releases. US N numbers are to be no less than 12" high and have certain spacing, color and background requirements as well. Carenado just seems to make them whatever size will fit in the space they decide to put it or that looks good with the livery. I notice most repainters do this as well. Look at photos of the real aircraft, then look at the sims. Not even close to the right size.

I know it sounds nit picky, but it really detracts from the realism for me.

I also wish they would at least include ONE original factory livery for each aircraft. I love the old school 60's and 70's liveries for the Piper's, Cessna's and Beech's but can never get one that really looks like it did when first delivered.

JCH

Ron, I see you've done some paints of the Carenado Archer. Would you be at all interested in doing a repaint to spec for me? I have always wanted a particular scheme for that one. I have about 400 RW hours in the Archer, in fact I passed my Private check ride in one.

JCH

I only do real planes and if I like them. Show me a picture.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Something like this:

649_67.jpg

Or this:

N69115_Piper-archer-II-2-pa-28-pa28-ferr

I would prefer N69115 if it isn't too hard.

Thanks,

JCH

Edited by jchpa32

Fixed undercarriages. You'll have to wait until Just Flight release the Warrior....If I get it. 🙂

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Ok, thanks for considering it Ron. Best Regards.

JCH

Ron, can I ask, you don't like the fixed gear? I don't care if you leave the fairings plain white. I mainly want the fuselage scheme done right. I offered on another forum to pay up to $25 to get a scheme I liked, would that suffice for you?

JCH