Sign in to follow this  
Guest Herrie

White squares, grey panel SF260

Guest Herrie

From the very beginning I have texture problems with FSX. Big chunks of the scenery are left white, even obscuring the horizon. I assumed it would take some fiddling with sliders to solve the problem, but even the medicin of PMDG did not help. But I am hoping for better, so after some thought I bought the upgrade for the SF260. As expected it flies very well and smooth, I even got the impression that my framerates increased! But surprisingly the texture of the panel is covered with a transparent grey layer, as if the last layer of the textures could not be loaded. Reloading of the plane and waiting did not help. My PC is an average one - 3,2 ghz, 1 GB Ram, Geforce 5900XT - but it should be able to do the job. All the sliders are in the default position and autogen is turned off. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Herrie

Guest robyg

Hi Herrie,We had just one other user with this problem. He update to a different graphics driver and the problem went away immediately.Kind Regards,Rob Young - RealAir Simulations

Guest Herrie

Thanks Rob, I will try. But I guess this will only solve the SF260 problem, don't you think?Herrie

Guest robyg

I cannot predict what will happen generally but updated drivers do tend to solve a lot of problems which seem otherwise unsolvable.Kind Regards,Rob Young

Guest Herrie

You were right Rob, I installed the new NVidia driver and not only the panel but also the scenery textures did show up as they should. Thanks again! You made me a happy man!Best regards,Herrie