Sign in to follow this  
Guest sssummer

MyTrafffic X and FS Live

I asked Airnav this question, but they don't have an answer. I'd like to know how to verify that FSX is actually using the scheduling of airlines provided by FS Live Traffic X, in conjunction with MyTraffic. I'm familiar with how to use FS Live, as I've used it in FS9 for some time. However, in FSX, I'm getting airliners showing up at my home airport of Erie, PA that don't belong. For example, United and American Connection planes are appearing there, when in real life neither airline uses Erie, PA. I have marked these airlines in MyTraffic as forbidden for Erie also, but they still show up. It seems that if FS Live is working correctly, only airlines scheduled in real life should show up at their respective airports. Can someone help?

You need the Deluxe version of FSX and the TrafficToolBox.dll Explorer.That will show you the name of the traffic file being used to generate any AI aircraft you select.Then you can tell if it is the MyTraffic, FSLive or another traffic file creating the aircraft.

I do have FSX Deluxe and the Traffic Toolbox. But I don't see where in Explorer it tells me which traffic file is creating the aircraft though. It shows me the list of planes, but no file name that I can see. Can you tell me where to look? This might be working OK, but I just want to verify that all is OK.

Right click on the top section with all the catagories in the explorer - one option which is probably not checked is File Name - enable that and expand out the column so you can see the full name / path.

OK, thanks. That shows me the planes are a combination of MyTraffic and FSLive. So do you think it's working correctly?

I don't know enough about either program to tell why aircraft which should not be at an airport are showing up. Maybe someone else can help on that one.

Guest sssummer

FS Live has some "built in schedules" upon the initial install. If you click on the FS Live folder, you will see a long list of "notepad" type files that are the flight history for each airline or private registration that is captured in North American airspace. What I did was delete everyone of the airline files (not the batch files, excel files, or anything else that is not an airline history file). Next, rerun your FS Live connection and hit okay. Go back to the FSLive file and it should recreate all of the "histories", this time with only what you just downloaded, "actual aircraft flights", no dummied up stuff. From now on, each plane that shows up in the history actually flew that flightplan and flight number in real life. Hit the clean up history button often (I do every time I update before I fly), that removes duplicate flights. Before long, your airports will be buzzing with activity, albeit with their very crappy models, which you can replace by the way with nice AI aircraft available for free here at AVSIM if you make a few changes in the aircraft files. It takes a lot of work, but it is a 100 times nicer looking. Just don't distribute anything. Good luck.

Guest flacwby7

FSLive can only show 1 airline for regional carriers however those regionals usually fly for more than 1 airline. For example, Mesa (Air Shuttle) flies for over 6 airlines, however FSLive can only show all Mesa flights as 1 carrier. Also, Skywest. Skywest flies for 2 different airlines, Delta & United, however all Skywest planes are shown in United livery. So you may find liveries that don't belong but the reginal airlines are correct.