Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Lots of new aircraft coming!!

4 hours ago, Doering said:

Truly phenomenal! This crop of new aircraft will mark the end of X-Plane for me. I have been holding off for the release of the Falcon 8X (Aerobask), but the wait is just too long to hold my interest now. The other platforms just can’t compete in my books with the variety of offerings and constant improvements in Flight Simulator.

That Aerobask Falcon is the most exciting aircraft in development for me - from a truly excellent development team.

But I agree, I'm not sure I will purchase now knowing that we have incoming a/c from PMDG later this year on MSFS.

The Falcon doesn't have sufficient appeal in the slightly dull XPlane world where I would need to download so much more Ortho to cover it's huge range.

That stuff's now out of the box with MSFS, and the world is bright, realistic and alive compared to XP.

I really hope the Aerobask guys switch to MSFS, if not this year/next year, then maybe within 5 years if MSFS truly does become the dominant platform.

4 hours ago, fppilot said:

I'm in a holding pattern!  Which BTW is not available in the game!

CRJ and 787 mod do holding patterns. WT cj4, too, afaik.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, EGLD said:

I really hope the Aerobask guys switch to MSFS, if not this year/next year, then maybe within 5 years if MSFS truly does become the dominant platform.

Sad to say mate, but Aerobask have gone public saying that they will do not anticipate coming to MSFS in the near or far future.  Personally I would re-buy every one of their aircraft if they were to join the hordes coming to MSFS.  I am very sure that there are many XPlaners who would do the same.  In the meantime though, I am waiting for the Falcon too and have no intention of abandoning Xplane for some considerable time. I believe that they too have some exciting things coming shortly to their platform.

Regards (and commiserations)

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

New aircrafts? Debatable.

Same aircrafts already seen in other simulators? That's another thing.

Edited by Pastaiolo

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

2 hours ago, Pastaiolo said:

New aircrafts? Debatable.

Same aircrafts already seen in other simulators? That's another thing.

I could fly a King Air in FS98.  But it sure as heck ain't MSFS haha!

• Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

One not in the list just came back into my mind. JRollon and Simcoders are testing msfs with the SIAI Marchetti SF260 but long time no news from them. It was announced end of last year. If they would make it in the sim that would be another true game changer for sure. In some parts they even surpass a2a in functionality. And its a long time that we had a good SF260 in the ms world. The Realair one was nice but its quite old and basic in regards of systems.

Cheers

T.

• Like 1

I agree just haven't heard anything at all.  Love a good F260.

Oh I found this snippet posted by JRollon on the Org forums

"Claudio game me a first iteraction of the plugin, and it seems it worked somehow. I reported back to him what I found and he is working since then (1 week) in the programming. Hope soon I can have the second program and start filling the new variables inside the XML files."

Edited by ryanbatcund

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Don't forget the venerable MD-80 from Leonardo SH, that's also coming up!. Already announced a while ago.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

15 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

I agree just haven't heard anything at all.  Love a good F260.

Oh I found this snippet posted by JRollon on the Org forums

"Claudio game me a first iteraction of the plugin, and it seems it worked somehow. I reported back to him what I found and he is working since then (1 week) in the programming. Hope soon I can have the second program and start filling the new variables inside the XML files."

That is indeed interesting Ryan. When did he post this? His SF260 and the Thranda Beaver with simcoders extension are one of the main reasons to jump into XP now and then (beside many other things before I get stoned 😉 )

Cheers

T.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, edpatino said:

Don't forget the venerable MD-80 from Leonardo SH, that's also coming up!. Already announced a while ago.

Oh yes Ed, indeed. A masterpiece it is. So much immersion with this baby. Together with the Majestic Dash und Leonardos Maddog there would not be much left to start up p3d for me...

Cheers T.

A2A Comanche, Milviz C310, and AS Twin Otter all look tempting, but I'll wait for a stable sim before I buy anything.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Exciting aircraft list for sure!  I think 2021 will be a banner year for MSFS with even more yet to come.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

9 minutes ago, DJJose said:

A2A Comanche, Milviz C310, and AS Twin Otter all look tempting, but I'll wait for a stable sim before I buy anything.

Regarding the Twotter, I think all devs with TPs in the queue and not wanting to do outside fde are all anxiously waiting for the next SU with the hopefully promised fixes for TP model. With the stability its still a real weird thing. Atm its way more stable than p3d and/or xp for me. But there are days where I get a few ctds a now and then so I assume its mainly bound to some stuff in the area of connectivity/networking/cloud. And for sure it still varies a lot by single user setups. A lot of freeware packages can trigger that also so I usually try to keep my install clean and only use stuff from authors that seem to be a bit more "in the thing and process". Or the GPS map bug can trigger ctds also when having modded stuff like GTN/GNS in parallel. A lot of things to learn on all sides. And sorry to hear that its still unstable for you.

Cheers

T.

Edited by Torsen
  • Like 2

It was the most stable a few updates ago, never had CTD's even loaded down with mods. Now I get occasional CTD's in this version.

• Like 1

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram