Sign in to follow this  
Nocturnal

Is PMDG indirectly snubbing P3D?

Just now, Ray Proudfoot said:

A gentle reminder you’re on the P3D forum. Telling people who love this sim they sound insecure is not the wisest of words. There are a wealth of reasons I and plenty of others are perfectly happy with this sim. Not having to download gigabytes of data for a flight is one obvious advantage.

It’s a mature product that continues to evolve and has a huge number of 3rd party addons.

Feel free to discuss the merits of MSFS on the MSFS forum. 😉

Funny how you always come on the MSFS forum section and discuss the merits of P3D...Seriously. I am P3D owner. I have been since version 3.  PMDG had to issue an statement because the P3D community felt abandoned. If this is not insecurity I don't know what is.

You are absolutely free to fly the sim you want. There is actually nothing wrong with all 3 major sims right now. They all have their strength and weakness. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

2 minutes ago, w6kd said:

In fairness, the "update" was free if all you wanted/needed were the updates for the existing 772LR.  If you purchased the 772ER, then you got a new acft variant along some new stuff like the EFB. 

Yes, you are correct. 

Eric 

Just now, fogboundturtle said:

Funny how you always come on the MSFS forum section and discuss the merits of P3D...Seriously. I am P3D owner. I have been since version 3.  PMDG had to issue an statement because the P3D community felt abandoned. If this is not insecurity I don't know what is.

You are absolutely free to fly the sim you want. There is actually nothing wrong with all 3 major sims right now. They all have their strength and weakness

Always? Hmmm, don’t think so. I haven’t posted there about P3D in several months. Having recently bought the NGXu I’m very happy flying it in v5. I haven’t read the PMDG announcement.

Exactly, I’m not rubbishing MSFS. Flying over satellite generated scenery looks great. But in many other respects I prefer the stability of P3D.

• Like 3

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Just now, Ray Proudfoot said:

Always? Hmmm, don’t think so. I haven’t posted there about P3D in several months. Having recently bought the NGXu I’m very happy flying it in v5. I haven’t read the PMDG announcement.

Exactly, I’m not rubbishing MSFS. Flying over satellite generated scenery looks great. But in many other respects I prefer the stability of P3D.

I love P3D v5. Runs great but I also never had a CTD in MSFS either. I have probably a better PC than some so that might explain thing. I also bought the QOTS II recently. My point if fly whatever you want. I think MSFS offers things I wish P3D had and vice versa.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

11 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

PMDG had to issue an statement because the P3D community felt abandoned. If this is not insecurity I don't know what is.

Nah, a few people overreacted, got their knickers in a twist and RSR gave them a quick wedgie as a warning.  🤣

Subtely different to the entire P3D community feeling abandoned! 

• Like 2

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

1 hour ago, w6kd said:

No, they've said nothing about *moving* to MSFS.  They are expanding into it, not leaving one for the other.  Big difference. 

It's true that they did not say that they would leave P3D.

But focusing the announcement on MSFS and not saying explicitly that they will continue to support/improve their existing aircrafts for P3Dv4/v5 can make P3D users feel unsecured and concerned. Hence this thread by the OP.

Regarding the 'mystery aircraft', an announcement saying that it would be available for P3D, would be a positive signal to P3D users.

Finally, regarding Global Flight Operations, even if there was no news recently, it is already known that it will be compatible with P3D. That's good news 🙂

Edited by Simicro

- TONY -

10 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

I love P3D v5. Runs great but I also never had a CTD in MSFS either. I have probably a better PC than some so that might explain thing. I also bought the QOTS II recently. My point if fly whatever you want. I think MSFS offers things I wish P3D had and vice versa.

Completely agree so much p3d stuff I'd like to see in the new sim, until it's there I'll still be running both, but that's also the main reason for me being on the fence about p3d5 -  the fact that some of my addons don't work in the newer version.

Completely understand PMDG making their product line for MSFS - does surprise me as to how fast it looks like they will manage it, I don't know if that means that some code actually doesn't need to be completely rewritten for that sim. I think the time to worry or feel abandoned is when/if they announce new aircraft for MSFS only though...

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

37 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Has that be included in the list of changes for MSFS published by MS / Asobo?

Without reheats Concorde would not be capable of achieving Mach 2.02 and climbing to its ceiling of FL600. So, no reheats, no supersonic flight.

Showing your age Ray!

I started with reheats - chasing a Concorde climbing up the North Sea on the early testing flights - and watching the xxxx thing moving away off the radar from me when I had everything to the wall.  A few years later I had afterburners - and still couldn’t have got near the old girl!

I do hope FS Labs finish it off - it will provide us with a unique flying challenge. (And I still have the old Concorde Pro boxed version).

John Rooum

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

A gentle reminder you’re on the P3D forum. Telling people who love this sim they sound insecure is not the wisest of words.

Feel free to discuss the merits of MSFS on the MSFS forum. 😉

I accept this rule and have tried to keep to it. However, it should be applied the other way round as well. If I watch this thread

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/600748-pmdg-is-coming-to-msfs/

I would have liked an admin to give similar advise to a couple of Prepar3d users, too. 

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

1 minute ago, pmb said:

I accept this rule and have tried to keep to it. However, it should be applied the other way round as well. If I watch this thread

I would have liked an admin to give similar advise to a couple of Prepar3d users, too. 

Well said, Michael!!

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

@FOD, if that was during your RAF service I envy you. What fun that must have been. 😁

If you were in a Tornado then you’re right, not a chance of catching her. This is the only photo of a supersonic Concorde slowing down to Mach 1.5 so the Tornado crew could grasp the photo.

Supersonic Concorde

I am officially an old git I’m afraid. 😁

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

5 minutes ago, pmb said:

Kind regards, Michael

36 pages! 😳 We only intervene if alerted to a rogue post. I have done that quite recently but can’t recall which topic.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Has that be included in the list of changes for MSFS published by MS / Asobo?

Without reheats Concorde would not be capable of achieving Mach 2.02 and climbing to its ceiling of FL600. So, no reheats, no supersonic flight.

Its in the MSFS SDK- plenty of afterburner variables and supersonic flight is possible using the modern sim physics although its still a learning curve. Its just you keep stating an SST is not possible within MSFS when it is. Whats not possible is the level of systems modelling that Concorde requires natively within the sim. 

I would love to see a new Concorde simulation, hopefully FSLabs will bring a P3d v5 compatible version soon. 

20 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

36 pages! 😳 We only intervene if alerted to a rogue post. I have done that quite recently but can’t recall which topic.

I feel, there is a more general issue. Admins in the Prepar3d fora are convinced of its merits as are positively fighting for it. Which is certainly in place.

I don't scan any single thread, but from those I do scan I see a lack of admins in the MSFS fora doing the same for this sim.

Kind regards, Michael 

PS I don't want to derail this thread so this will be my last post in this matter.

Edited by pmb
  • Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

The only thing I want from PMDG is the DC6 ported to P3DV5 so I can uninstall V4.5. As it stands now I have enough "study level" aircraft, sceneries, airports, utilities, etc etc to keep me busy in P3D from now until the trumpet sounds. What left me wondering was Roberts use of the phrase "all in" for MSFS. Perhaps I read too much into it but this left me to humbly ask if this meant adios to further P3D development. The following day Robert made his Glass Half Full... Shallow Water declaration that  both platforms would continue to see development describing those who wondered about the future of p3d development as committing ritual suicide slicing our self open and spewing our entrails out on the floor. One sentence: we will continue our development for P3DV5 as before, would have been sufficient. I'm just sick with the snark and sarcasm that a polite question can bring on. I have no interest in their GFO as I can just imagine the animus because you left the parking brake on with the chocks in, left a taxi light on  or some other oversite.

As stated if I never buy another addon I'm set for my hobby.     

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Vic green