Sign in to follow this  
Nocturnal

Is PMDG indirectly snubbing P3D?

29 minutes ago, PATCO LCH said:

One sentence: we will continue our development for P3DV5 as before, would have been sufficient. I'm just sick with the snark and sarcasm that a polite question can bring on.

Agree with you. Such a sentence would have been largely sufficient.

The additional sarcasm was not necessary.

Edited by Simicro

- TONY -

2 hours ago, kand said:

Its in the MSFS SDK- plenty of afterburner variables and supersonic flight is possible using the modern sim physics although its still a learning curve. Its just you keep stating an SST is not possible within MSFS when it is. Whats not possible is the level of systems modelling that Concorde requires natively within the sim. 

I would love to see a new Concorde simulation, hopefully FSLabs will bring a P3d v5 compatible version soon. 

Then things have advanced since I last asked this question. It’s all moot really since I’m driven by what FSL choose to do and they have made the decision that their only 64-bit Concorde will be for P3D.

They will deliver it but maybe not this year. As you probably know they release few details.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

5 hours ago, fogboundturtle said:

You guys sound really insecure. There is 2 millions possible customer on MSFS.

Oh really? Do you have any data to back that up? Out of curiosity I went to look at their in-game stats in Steam Charts and it doesn't look that promising to me. And just because the sim is brand new with a bright future, doesn't mean the sales in it will also be more for the third parties. I personally know two scenery developers who also went "all in" for MSFS. And almost one year down the line, they have gone back to their previous sims simply because they were not making enough sales. Why would anybody spend 15-20 bucks extra for each airport when out of the box they already look very good! Plus flightsim.to is full of freeware sceneries and what not contributed by the community, which makes third party addons even harder to sell.

However, as I mentioned in the first line of my post, I am not starting this topic to discuss the merits or demerits of any sim. Trust me, I love MSFS. It's the only sim in the market now where you don't need ANY addons and can still have a wonderful experience out of the box! This topic is only about "PMDG" and "P3D".

Now back to the topic, I totally agree with what @PATCO LCH (I don't know if tags work here or not 😄) just mentioned above. Most of the P3D community in general are absolutely fine with them going into MSFS. Even we would like that platform to improve because the new concept of scenery streaming is the most amazing part of it. But what I don't understand is Randazzo then making a second post after that about the glass and water and the pure sarcasm in that post about suicide and what not LOL (which was not necessary at all) and then taking a jibe by giving a warning followed by an "emoticon". What was the need of that post? It clearly looks like a "move or keep waiting" post to me. And its clearly evident based on the time they took to only port their 777 from v4 to v5.

Going back to their announcement for MSFS, he mentioned "Our un-used development assets are focused strongly on our P3D product lines" in this post back in Sept 2020. Was that a bluff to secure the sales of their upcoming 777-200ER release so that we (their loyal customers) don't start thinking otherwise? And then just a couple of months after the 777-200ER release, they are magically 100% confident of releasing 4 products in the new platform. I don't understand how this not "indirectly snubbing P3D" and their current customers. And also as far as the customer base goes, obviously they would prefer (or even want) all their customer base to be in one single platform, since that would avoid going back and forth between two different platforms.

I am once again making it clear that my intention for this post is not "hey, that sim got 4 new products but we got 1, boohoo". We are just worried about what happens next with PMDG & P3D because a majority of their customer base is still going to stay with P3D regardless of what the new sim offers, but based on their current trend and then RSR going to say things like...

"For years, many of us in the development community have lamented the fact that we are developing cutting edge simulations of incredibly sophisticated airplanes, only to have them look like 1990s animations when they appear on the screen. That is no longer a reality for products that appear in Microsoft Flight Simulator. For better or worse, we finally have a simulation platform with a dynamic, living world, an incredible lighting model, magnificent atmospherics and a broad range of capabilities that will allow us to simulate our favorite airlines to a degree never before possible." in this post, it clearly looks like he himself is now bashing on the platform which has given them the love and support over these years.

Edited by Nocturnal
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Nocturnal said:

Oh really? Do you have any data to back that up?

what was true 6 months ago is no longer truth today. Things evolve. Things change. Don't be salty, they haven't abandon P3D yet. they just put it on hold for a little while.

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
Most of excessive quoted post removed

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

This thread and others like it are why I'm going off the Avsim forums, just use the sim you like and let others choose there's.  

Edited by G-RFRY
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Just to quickly point out. But am I the only one who noticed the trend he was referring to? About 2 years after each new sim came out?

They stopped supporting the older sim. We are about a year into MSFS. So we may have PMDG another 12-14 months in P3D. 

He pretty much prepared us (pun not intended), for their exit of the P3D market with this post.

Personally. I am regretting purchasing the -200ER expansion. Who knows if we will ever get that 777 VC update now? And after the livery debacle... who knows if I'll ever trust PMDG enough to take my hard earned money again.

-Tony@PVD

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Tony Moore

even though PMDG's communications since MSFS have felt like a yo-yo (back and forth), I appreciate them commenting and far prefer it to the developers who say nothing.  

@breakinghbtsI also regret getting the -200ER.  Somehow I forgot that I had found the 777 boring to fly.  Then the new ER came out, and I was bedazzled by the EFB.  But I still find it to be a boring plane.  And I'm underwhelmed by how they made it.  The wing looks terrible.  The engine animations as well.  I'm a big fan of PMDG, but this was not one of their better releases.  Even the sounds didn't get me

Edited by micstatic
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

25 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

what was true 6 months ago is no longer truth today. Things evolve. Things change. Don't be salty, they haven't abandon P3D yet. they just put it on hold for a little while.

Ok, first "insecure" and now "salty" What next? Boomer? LOL Are you just bored or what? Are you from PMDG? What's wrong with you. If you are happy with MSFS and you think they are not neglecting P3D, then why are you even posting here with the name calling? 😕

15 minutes ago, breakinghbts said:

Personally. I am regretting purchasing the -200ER expansion. Who knows if we will ever get that 777 VC update now? And after the livery debacle... who knows if I'll ever trust PMDG enough to take my hard earned money again.Tony@PVD

Exactly my thoughts now, and that too at a premium price, way more expensive than any other expansion pack which was very surprising. Just looks like a "Let's cash in as much as we can from this sim" move to me.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Nocturnal said:

Exactly my thoughts now, and that too at a premium price, way more expensive than any other expansion pack which was very surprising. Just looks like a "Let's cash in as much as we can from this sim" move to me.

Especially when you look at Leonardo giving us the efb and cpdlc at no extra charge. Not to mention a pbr vc

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

7 hours ago, simbol said:

The biggest mistake made by MS / Asobo was not delivering a complete SDK from the start..

I don't know whether this is the biggest mistake, of if this is only a consequence: inviting youtubers way earlier than third party devs is certainly not helping building an SDK nor it is sending the right message for 3rd party devs in my opinion. ACE Studio did the opposite when they invited most of us at Seattle back then.

• Upvote 2

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

2 hours ago, micstatic said:

Especially when you look at Leonardo giving us the efb and cpdlc at no extra charge. Not to mention a pbr vc

And don't forget the voice command option that has many commands the FS2Crew doesn't like specific dial a flap settings, lights and many others. Now those guys are a class act. Their forum is very helpful considering they're only three or four guys who do that for a side gig.

I suggested voice actuated FE possibly for the PMDG DC6  knowing it was a distant pipe dream. RR answered me today to his credit, stating no such animal exist and likened it to believing in unicorns. I considered pointing him once again to Leonardo as evidence but dropped it. I figured no point.

Edited by PATCO LCH
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Vic green

2 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

As mentioned, I would like real "accountable" and detailed road maps from LM and MS/Asobo ... that's how a proper business model and budgeting can be managed which is ultimately beneficial for LM and MS/Asobo (in regards to SDK and new features).  If such detailed information was shared, I could then plan, and as such could pass my plans along to the community.  I assume neither of these platforms can provide such details because no real "solid" plan is in place for the next 12 months, just "generic" plans or nothing at all.

I think this is becoming more of an issue with P3D. Whilst the content of the developer Q&A sessions and ‘development updates’ MS put out may be questionable in value, they do at least provide some level of advice about what they’re focusing on or what might be expected. Most importantly they do provide time frames for updates.

LM on the other hand provide nothing. Zilch. At best you’ll get a comment on their forums that something might be addressed in the next build. Going on the six month sort of average for a point release we’re overdue for P3D 5.2. What may or may not have been fixed or improved in that release is any bodies guess....unless your one of the select few who have beta access.

If I’m considering future purchases, I have no idea what, if any current issues in P3D have been addressed....and as such I’m starting to lean to MSFS that I know will at least receive regular updates.

• Upvote 1

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

That is why I chose version 4 coming from fsx se. Everything just about works in it and I have  good cpu, gpu, and lots of ram. Version 4 runs good so far to me.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, simbol said:

The biggest mistake made by MS / Asobo was not delivering a complete SDK from the start.. if they did, there was no race here.. everyone would be jumping the train to their platform..

But everybody has already jumped into the MFS train ! Don't you blind yourself  ?

10 months after MFS release, 90 developers have put 383 products in the MS Market Place. MS estimates that 962 products have been released in this store and other 3rd party stores.  And now we have with PMDG the addition of a top-tier aircraft developer. And I do not speak of the explosion of freeware, some of them truly excellent.

In 40 years of simming I have not seen such a boom of payware, so close to the release. So much and so close. Aircraft, sceneries, utilities. We have them all. So where is the SDK problem ? 

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam