Sign in to follow this  

Here's a dopey question.  How do I get the CJ4 radios to respond?  When I set a frequency, then go look at the display, they never change.  They're always showing as 108.00 on the display no matter what I put in.  Same thing with the ADF, it always shows 890 when I change the setting using the panel.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

40 minutes ago, andyjohnston.net said:

Here's a dopey question.  How do I get the CJ4 radios to respond?  When I set a frequency, then go look at the display, they never change.  They're always showing as 108.00 on the display no matter what I put in.  Same thing with the ADF, it always shows 890 when I change the setting using the panel.

are you using the WT CJ mod?

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

28 minutes ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

are you using the WT CJ mod?

Works fine with the v0.12.1 mod from Working Title and I don't remember this problem in any previous versions. OP's problem with the radios is something else.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

1 hour ago, andyjohnston.net said:

MSFS-Default-CJ4-Radio-Navs-ok

QSOQPBl.jpg

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Purely to satisfy my own curiosity, but what's keeping you using the default version of the CJ4? Curious from a 'what could we do better' perspective.

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

Vonmar, then you choose brg src and it always shows the same values even if I change them using tune  on the other display.

2 hours ago, andyjohnston.net said:

Vonmar, then you choose brg src and it always shows the same values even if I change them using tune  on the other display.

Just to verify that "then you choose brg src  ...."  does that mean you are ok with my answer / screenshot to your original post?

MSFS-default-CJ4-Brg-ptr-ok

VOR / ADF

0ka0hCH.jpg

Edited by vonmar
added additional information

Best Regards,

Second screenshot:

hfIlrM1.jpg

Best Regards,

3 hours ago, cwburnett said:

Purely to satisfy my own curiosity, but what's keeping you using the default version of the CJ4? Curious from a 'what could we do better' perspective.

Maybe the difficulty of dropping one folder into the Community folder?  

(That's a joke by the way hah!)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

No, still having the same issue.  Don't have a location where I can put screenshots though.

Let me explain my procedure.

First i click PFD Menu to bring up the menu, then the knob to go down to BRG SRC and select it.

VOR1 and VOR2 are both set to off, freq of both is 108.00, I turn both on, both show on the display as 108.00.  Neither are active of course.

The I switch to the other panel, press the TUN button, and enter another freq.  In my area there's a VOR at 114.60 so I'll use that.

I punch in 114.60 and press the [ -  ]  Button next to NAV2.  The radio tuning screen now says 

Nav2

But if i look back to the display that shows the map, it still says

VOR2

M 108.00

I must be missing a step, am I not making the frequency active or something?

You could do a short video or you could put screenshots on this site and then add the link to them in your post :

https://imgur.com/

Best Regards,

I think you're missing the absolute very bestest mod for MSFS by not using the Working Title CJ4 mod. Impressed Asobo enough that they hired the WT team.

Available here: https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages

Download is at the bottom of the page. Current version is 0.12.1, open beta. Get the docs too.

• Like 1

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe