Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Sim Update 4 (1.16.2.0) is now live!

1 minute ago, cianpars said:

Drat it,,,,,,,,I remembered to revert my European radio terminology mod back to default before updating but forgot to empty my community folder.........Wonder if I'm going to pay for that later.

Only 1 more GB to download, so I will soon find out.

I've never had an issue updating without emptying the folder.

• Like 5

Having stuff in your community folder doesnt actually hinder your update in any way as far as I know. The sim gets updated the same way no matter what. When you start your sim and "fly now" that is when your community folder might bug things up. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

Seems the "Not Installed" in the Content Manager for Community folder content has been fixed.

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Those patch notes look good!

Remember when people said MS will never fix the turboprops? Glad they proved otherwise.

• Like 8

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

3.45 GB with a Steam small module before  to launch.  

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

23 minutes ago, TOGA-saurus said:

Am I right in saying the new visual effects system has been released but just not implemented? So do we now need to wait for a developer to create a smoke/runway spray/wing and engine condensation/fancy 747 loop aroundy dynamic contrail effects package?

I think the moders out there are goeing on this one too, i assume there is a lot coming to flightsim.to and other DL sites..

But a bit disappointed to why they have not implemented this to the standard planes in this update 🤔

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Got the updated version to run finally but it would only work if I reinstalled the App and specified installing it to the C drive (this is the installation through the MS Store not the download of the actual sim contents).

Anyone had the core app installed on a non C drive and had problems with this update ?

37 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

From WT:

@everyone Following SimUpdate 4 we've updated our mods for compatibility and some even enjoyed new features or bugfixes. Have fun!

Almost as if they knew what was coming... 😄

• Like 4

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

Just now, Matchstick said:

Got the updated version to run finally but it would only work if I reinstalled the App and specified installing it to the C drive (this is the installation through the MS Store not the download of the actual sim contents).

Anyone had the core app installed on a non C drive and had problems with this update ?

If you can, install it on your C drive.  I have never had the problems you had, or other people had, because I use C drive and I also use the default location that MSFS recommends for installing to.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

• SimConnect injected traffic (VATSIM, IVAO) should now be displayed in HTML/JS instruments that have traffic displays as well as on the VFR Map

FINALLY!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

Nope. MSFS is installed on my D drive and I never empty out my community folder before an update. Sim loads fine. No issues. 

Edited by Ricardo41
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, abrams_tank said:

If you can, install it on your C drive.  I have never had the problems you had, or other people had, because I use C drive and I also use the default location that MSFS recommends for installing to.

The Store will only allow you to installed the Core App on a drive with 127Gb free even though the app itself is < 2Gb so I've previously used the option to select a drive with that amount of space on it and previously the Sim has worked.

If (and that's a big if without any corroboration) that's no longer the case with the new version then the installer really ought to refect that.

Any changes to performance ? 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom