Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Sim Update 4 (1.16.2.0) is now live!

45 minutes ago, kerosene31 said:

Not worth a stand alone thread, but has anyone had an issue where they can't move or copy things out of the community folder?  I can add things and delete (so it isn't a huge deal), but when I want to move stuff out at first for patching it is a pain.  I have to delete and then re-download or find my old files.  I checked the file permissions on there and my account has full permissions, and I can delete and add, just not copy. 

Can you rename the folder? Something like 'community update' This will disable it and a new empty community file will be created while you update.

So do we still have to empty community folder prior update?

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

1 minute ago, sd_flyer said:

NO

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Bert

First flight in the update started fine taking off in the 172 at EGGD, but the approach path was well to the right of the runway (never an issue before),  I've just emptied my community folder (included EGGD by UK2000), so will see if the issue just relates to the addon airport or is present in the default.  Anyone else had any offset ILS beams that were not previously present yet?

Edit - I think that may have been my fault forgetting to switch the Garmin from GPS to VLOC - will test again.

Edited by cianpars

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

1 minute ago, sd_flyer said:

In the MSFS forums, the official post for this patch still recommends that you empty your Community folder.

• Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Don't forget there is update in the content manager as well

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

"We performed some optimization for the initial full download of the title so the base game is only 83GB instead of +170GB"

WHAT!!

They have brought down the initial file size for the whole game/sim by half!

Talk about bloatware...huh!

Maybe it'll run better now? 🥺

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, seamaster55 said:

"We performed some optimization for the initial full download of the title so the base game is only 83GB instead of +170GB"

WHAT!!

My guess is that they moved a bunch of stuff that was installed by default to Content Manager as optional stuff to be installed if you really want it.

...jim

PS. Anyone want to completely remove MSFS and re-install to check it out?

Edited by JimBrown
  • Like 1

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

46 minutes ago, cianpars said:

Drat it,,,,,,,,I remembered to revert my European radio terminology mod back to default before updating but forgot to empty my community folder.........Wonder if I'm going to pay for that later.

Only 1 more GB to download, so I will soon find out.

Ive never from day one moved/rename or anything to my community folder, never had a probelm. But then its all paywear or liverys. 

• Like 3

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Not supposed to have more AI models in this update?

Paul

BeQuiet Pure Base 500 FX - MSI Mag Tomahawk B760 - i5 13600k @ 5.1ghz - 32GB RAM - RTX 3060 12GB  -  32f (31.5" ) Full HD Monitor - TCA Officer Pack - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke -  Logitech Multi Panel

3 minutes ago, seamaster55 said:

WHAT!!

If I'm understanding the change correctly it won't have any effect on the actual folder contents just how you download them when you first install.

Previously when you've installed MSFS from scratch you've downloaded the original release version and then every patch that has come after and installed then one on top of the other which had got to the stage of more than doubling the size of the download.

Now it sounds like they have rebaselined the installation so that you just download packages containing the latest version.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

Yep, completely empty community folder.

Just tried removing and reinstalling the Windows App and that hasn't worked either.

What I do when an MSFS Update shows up is shut it down before it starts, then go to my File Manager & rename the Community Folder to say, Communityhold.

Then run the update.

I end up with Official, Community, & Communityhold folders.

'Community', generated by the update is empty & I delete it.

Then I rename Communityhold to Community & run MSFS after that.

Have had no problems with Community content after updates, doing it this way.

TG

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

My download is stuck on [104/148]. Its just looping.

Any ideas?

Nothing on ATC improvement, except phraseology?