Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Sim Update 4 (1.16.2.0) is now live!

So far this update is the smoothest yet, they improved the servers as well the past month (at least the one I'm on). Perhaps they are just less busy, but seems more like internal changes.

No CTD flying DA-62, KingAir, or modded CJ4 (make sure to get updated versions of all the mods)...
Haven't tried FBW yet.

• Like 4

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

19 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

Just deleted the two DA62x folders and I am reloading the MSFS202 as I speak

Well that did not achieve anything.  aircraft flies beautifully but still no altitude indicated nor is there any speed indicated.

Anything else you can think of?  I did have seven restarts with this update and that may have something to do with it.

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

4 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

Well that did not achieve anything.  aircraft flies beautifully but still no altitude indicated nor is there any speed indicated.

Anything else you can think of?  I did have seven restarts with this update and that may have something to do with it.

Tony

Hmm,  re-install maybe. You could try just reinstalling the planes themselves first by deleting them.

Edited by Alpine Scenery

18 minutes ago, Alpine Scenery said:

Hmm,  re-install maybe. You could try just reinstalling the planes themselves first by deleting them.

Interesting thought mate.  How would you do that?  Through the content manager? What I mean is, if I delete it in the Official Folder will it come up as a download available in the content manager. If it doesn't I guess it will definitely result in a new install so no real harm done.

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

9 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

Interesting thought mate.  How would you do that?  Through the content manager? What I mean is, if I delete it in the Official Folder will it come up as a download available in the content manager. If it doesn't I guess it will definitely result in a new install so no real harm done.

Tony

It's been a while since I've done it, but best I recall you can first try deleting it from the Content Manager, just select and choose delete. You could first test this process on a plane you never use.

I don't think the CM delete worked when i did it though (it may), I might have manually deleted it when the game was closed from the directory.

(MSFS Path)\Official\OneStore\(delete aircraft name)

After it's gone, you can go to Content Manager and reinstall whichever plane is missing.

Edited by Alpine Scenery
  • Like 1

Bewdy mate,

I will try that and advise.

Thanks

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

3 hours ago, Phantoms said:

31 updates ... All Aviator Club Liveries...Seems I remember them reinstalling on a previous update too.

You did.😉

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

35 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

Tony

Yes

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 hour ago, himmelhorse said:

I had the same issue -- no altitude or airspeed on the DA62. I removed the Working Title G1000, however, and it worked. I am not quite sure why as I think I have the latest version of the 1000 -- 3.6.

• Like 1

Dan Scott

32 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

Bewdy mate,

I will try that and advise.

Thanks

Tony

Remove everything from your Community folder if you encounter bugs like this. Then test again. Often, it’s something in your Community folder that is incompatible with the new patch.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

2 minutes ago, Cognita said:

I removed the Working Title G1000, however, and it worked. I am not quite sure why as I think I have the latest version of the 1000 -- 3.6.

We found an issue a little while back that caused problems in the new version for users who had live traffic active and actually had planes spawned near them.   It was fixed in all of our mods, but due to the timing of when our merges happened that fix didn't get into the G1000 or G3X before release.

We were able to track that down and have an updated release out pretty quick, though, thanks to the dedicated help of our fans and QA staff.

https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages/releases/download/g1000-v0.3.7/workingtitle-g1000-v0.3.7.zip

And now we have one more thing added to our QA scripts:  make sure you do a test with live traffic on and traffic actually around you.  😄

• Like 5

1 hour ago, JimBrown said:

Note, I have since discovered that file 2 and file 3 are replaced with the default screens when the sim updates.

Guys, what I am asking for is a startup splash screen instead of the long wait for anything to appear when you first start up MSFS..

I have changed to using the FSUIPC app to start up MSFS, and it produces a very nice "Preparing the cabin, please wait" screen at start up.. but MSFS should be doing this "out of the box"..

• Like 1

Bert

What??? Now I got a splash screen just as I started MSFS. This was probably the third time I started the sim after updating it earlier today. No more waiting 30 sec to be sure that it really started to load.

spalsh.png

• Like 1

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

8 minutes ago, espent said:

What??? Now I got a splash screen just as I started MSFS. This was probably the third time I started the sim after updating it earlier today. No more waiting 30 sec to be sure that it really started to load.

Were they listening??  🤔

Edit: Just tried it... no cigar.   How did you launch the "game"?

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert