Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Sim Update 4 (1.16.2.0) is now live!

54 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Were they listening??  🤔

Edit: Just tried it... no cigar.   How did you launch the "game"?

I have pinned the shortcut to MSFS to my taskbar. I launch it from there.

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

For those having trouble with the download stuck in an loop. This is from "tiger1962 on flightsim.com" I tried it, and, it worked for me.

"I've been having download loop/stuck issues with this and the last two or three updates, I finally found some good advice on the flightsimulator.com Zendesk FAQ's page: https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/...ressing-issues
It was the Disable IPv6 fix that worked for me, thank you Zendesk!"

8 minutes ago, espent said:

I have pinned the shortcut to MSFS to my taskbar. I launch it from there.

Well done!   No startup screen here... 🤔

• Like 1

Bert

Just now, Bert Pieke said:

Well done!   No startup screen here... 🤔

It is so weird that I did not have it straight after the installation. I think I have rebooted twice today and started MSFS 3 times before it appeared.

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

8 minutes ago, espent said:

It is so weird that I did not have it straight after the installation. I think I have rebooted twice today and started MSFS 3 times before it appeared.

Rebooting did it  😀

Thank You!

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Upvote 1

Bert

Only just seen new update available - had a very busy few days!  Also haven't had time to thoroughly read all the 13 pages of comments, so I apologise if this has already been said.  I know one or two people have mentioned AddOn Linker (freebie). Excellent software. It has presets available, so I have one marked "Empty" which with one click removes everything from the Community folder, one marked "UK" which loads up UK airports, scenery etc and so on.   Brilliant piece of software.

Loading update tonight.  Might just press the "Empty" button first although I appreciate it might not be necessary!

Best wishes everyone

Pete

Forgot to mention, "Preset" facility is set up by yourself, so you can make them up to your own personal taste and flying requirements.

Pete

• Like 1

You don’t need to use a preset for this, there are buttons to activate and de-activate all addons at once.

36 minutes ago, dogmanbird said:

13 pages and things are still sounding pretty positive 🤙

Yeah it is the first update so far to not produce many complains since the beginning of the updates cycles lol. 

Joke aside, well done Microsoft and Asobo, they have really improved their releases and it shows the effect of the beta versions

• Like 10

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

1 hour ago, dogmanbird said:

13 pages and things are still sounding pretty positive 🤙

"Lawyers" are off crucifying Captain Sim right now, but don't worry, they'll be back soon enough.

• Like 3

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

First flight earlier in a perfect A320FBW I even noticed I don't know if it was already the case before but I thought I saw the foam of the waves on the approach to Tenerife there was a lot of wind.

Either it was the reflection of the waves with the sun or they added the effect of foam which would be great !

13 minutes ago, Axis3600 said:

Either it was the reflection of the waves with the sun or they added the effect of foam which would be great !

I think crests / foam has been in for a while. The sea in msfs is phenomenal.

• Like 2

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

I've already posted this on the FlightSim forum, but posting again here if anyone else knows of a solution. 

The update installed on the Store app ok.

It has now been stuck for >12 hours on one file looping decompressing it continuously without moving on. The file decompressing is the ‘asobo - C152 aerobat 0.1.53 package -1/111’.

I have rebooted and restarted numerous times, followed advice like disabling IPV6, etc. I also emptied the C152 folder, removed all Community folder addons. It put the C152 files back immediately when i deleted them, but then hung decompressing the same file.

I need some urgent help on this if anyone could do it please. I have never had this issue before.

Any help appreciated please...

Thanks

Ray

5 minutes ago, rayharris108 said:

I've already posted this on the FlightSim forum, but posting again here if anyone else knows of a solution. 

I had several stuck downloads on different aircraft files but could resolve them by killing MSFS and restarting. I didn't delete anything in-between. The next time I restarted MSFS the remaining download was smaller and smaller.

Granted, I never had this issue before.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11