Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Sim Update 4 (1.16.2.0) is now live!

Holy cow. 40 updates in the Content Manager, and this is the first time ever I dare selected ALL at the same time to update and it didn't hang for a single one.

For ages I only did one update at a time because it was almost guaranteed to get stuck..

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

11 hours ago, MadDog said:

Just a theory... but I'm thinking that the infinite looping during installation may be caused by altering the original files inside the /Official target folders.

Before now, I rarely experienced any loops/freezes (maybe 2 or 3 total in 8 months); but I needed to restart the installation about 15 times this patch... and it always got stuck when installing aircraft files.  That got me to thinking... since the last patch, I went in and customized a bunch of tail numbers and callsigns by editing the original aircraft.cfg for the default aircraft.  I didn't verify it; but I'm willing to bet that the packages that got stuck were for the aircraft that I changed previously.  

I got loops on files I’ve never touched.

1 hour ago, rayharris108 said:

I've already posted this on the FlightSim forum, but posting again here if anyone else knows of a solution. 

The update installed on the Store app ok.

It has now been stuck for >12 hours on one file looping decompressing it continuously without moving on. The file decompressing is the ‘asobo - C152 aerobat 0.1.53 package -1/111’.

I have rebooted and restarted numerous times, followed advice like disabling IPV6, etc. I also emptied the C152 folder, removed all Community folder addons. It put the C152 files back immediately when i deleted them, but then hung decompressing the same file.

I need some urgent help on this if anyone could do it please. I have never had this issue before.

Any help appreciated please...

Thanks

Ray

This had worked in the past for me when an update was stalling (the file will be in the flight sim "Official" subdirectory):

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/discussion-poll-sim-update-iv-1-16-2-0/404645#what-should-i-do-if-the-update-seems-to-stall-or-stop-downloading-10

I'm just SO thankful that the Escape menu, controls reset to 50% has been fixed for me Huzzar.

• Like 6

Mike

Intel 12700k No over clocking 32GB G-Skill 3600 Ram MSI RTX3080

58 minutes ago, DylanM said:

This had worked in the past for me when an update was stalling (the file will be in the flight sim "Official" subdirectory):

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/discussion-poll-sim-update-iv-1-16-2-0/404645#what-should-i-do-if-the-update-seems-to-stall-or-stop-downloading-10

Hi DylanM

Thanks for the heads up.

I found out where the package was installing and decompressing to, and so deleted it as per the advice. Once I restarted the installation it went back to the same point and is now just saying '[1/111] please wait..' i.e. the same file. No idea what it's doing.

lmao now there's too much live traffic, I'm getting ATC callouts of either me or other traffic being too close to other traffic like every 2 minutes.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

lmao now there's too much live traffic, I'm getting ATC callouts of either me or other traffic being too close to other traffic like every 2 minutes.

Noticed that too. It improved a lot, at least that's what I've seen so far.

• Like 1

The game had been working well for 2 weeks since a reinstall, update this morning, 75% of a flight done and CTD.  Every friggin time there's an update!!! What a piece of art that thing is.  BTW the game is stock, no add-ons, no liveries, nothing.

The approach flyback bug hasn’t been fixed. :(

Asus Strix X570-E  |  Ryzen 9 5950X  |  Asus TUF RTX 3080 OC  |  GSkill Trident Z Neo 32GB DDR4 3600  |  Samsung 970 EVO  |  Acer Predator XB271HU  |  Windows 10 Pro

I did a quick flight in the New York area last night and it was really cool to see live traffic arrivals lining up into the various New York airports.

• Like 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

19 minutes ago, asgnp said:

The approach flyback bug hasn’t been fixed. 😞

Check out the Q&A thread.  This is specifically mentioned.

They said there are several situations that cause the bug to occur.  This update addressed some of them.  The WT guys found other conditions that would also cause it, but those require some "refactoring" of the systems to completely fix - presumably in a future sim update.

Progress at least.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

I love there is now an actual acceptable level of air traffic with live traffic on.  

Yall wanted realism.. This is a great step. The skies are busy. 

• Like 2

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

7 hours ago, rayharris108 said:

Hi DylanM

Thanks for the heads up.

I found out where the package was installing and decompressing to, and so deleted it as per the advice. Once I restarted the installation it went back to the same point and is now just saying '[1/111] please wait..' i.e. the same file. No idea what it's doing.

I had this earlier but it hung on updating the MB339, a marketplace purchase. Find the official folder again and delete any .fspatch files lurking in there, then try starting MSFS again and starting the update again. That cured it for me, for some reason the fspatch files weren't working with the sim's update process.

i7-10700K; RTX 2070 Super; 16GB; P3Dv4.5HF3 & MSFS2020.

9 hours ago, DylanM said:

Hi DylanM

Thanks for the heads up.

I found out where the package was installing and decompressing to, and so deleted it as per the advice. Once I restarted the installation after rebooting a couple of times it all installed and - yes I 'm flying again - after 2 days!!

Thanks

• Like 1