Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Sim Update 4 (1.16.2.0) is now live!

On 5/29/2021 at 9:55 AM, bobcat999 said:

You never know what you are going to get!

Maybe it´s no Flightsim, maybe it´s a box of chocolates 😉

• Like 2

Stephan from Germany

My System

On 5/28/2021 at 4:33 PM, 109Sqn said:

Not good. Just to be clear, these are not the driver timeout issues that I and many others were having with newer AMD Adrenaline drivers.

I managed to land ok at Fort Worth after a flight from airports either side, taking off again to land there without exiting and creating a new flight plan. I'll try Atlanta again...

Thank Goodness I was able to talk the company that built my PC to swap my AMD-Driver Time out pile of junk GPU, into replacing it with a Nvidia Card. Can't wait to get it back from them. I much have had at least 100 driver time out crashes in the last three months.  You couldn't pay me enough money to get me to ever purchase another AMD GPU. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

On 5/29/2021 at 9:55 AM, bobcat999 said:

The inconsistency with the sim is mind-boggling.  Mine behaves like this also.  Sometimes new loading screen, sometimes not.  Sometimes I get the mini-pauses, sometimes not.  You never know what you are going to get!

You know, sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes, well, the bear eats you. And no, this is not an Eastern thing.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Has anyone else noticed that runway lights no longer show up when looked at from an angle?

Thus you no longer see the rabbit when flying in a 90 degrees angle towards a runway, which is exactly as it should be.

However that affects all runway lighting and I'm not sure if that is realistic.

2 hours ago, Farlis said:

Has anyone else noticed that runway lights no longer show up when looked at from an angle?

Thus you no longer see the rabbit when flying in a 90 degrees angle towards a runway, which is exactly as it should be.

Noticed that a while ago. Don't remember which update included that change...

...jim

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

After simming since release date last August, and being generally satisfied, MSFS felt like it was 2020 on my flight tonight. Constant lightning everywhere using Live Weather, CTD on final, floating cars in the air. Why are they constantly breaking my sim???

Edited by NightOfDreams

back from vacation I was only able to update MSFS last night, update process was flawless. first flight into LOWI this morning in the FBW dev mod had some hickups in terms of flighplan following, the neo turned back to some waypoints previously overflown already. besides that performance is great, very smooth. weather improved IMHO, I see more haze and fluffy clouds, could be a result of real weather though

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

On 5/29/2021 at 6:03 AM, 109Sqn said:

Citation Longitude, no mods.

This time, no CTD. That's almost more annoying since inconsistent crashes are harder to solve.

Are you still experiencing the CTDs? Have you been able to narrow it down to figure out what the issue was/is?

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

12 hours ago, DAD said:

FBW dev mod had some hickups in terms of flighplan following, the neo turned back to some waypoints previously overflown already.

yep, this is on ongoing issue from day 1 with Asobo and I dont belive it will fully addressed until update 6, so think November this year (maybe).

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

7 minutes ago, Mike S KPDX said:

yep, this is on ongoing issue from day 1 with Asobo and I dont belive it will fully addressed until update 6, so think November this year (maybe).

We are all waiting for FBW to get the WT LNAV implemented so we can lay the default lnav nonesense behind us. 

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

3 hours ago, Republic3D said:

Are you still experiencing the CTDs? Have you been able to narrow it down to figure out what the issue was/is?

I had a couple of CTDs 2 days ago, whilst sitting stationary after pushing back from a stand at the excellent freeware Gatwick EGKK. I turned away to do something else and I was looking at the Desktop. Tried again and it happened the same way, as I watched. Again, it was the Citation but I don't know if that was a coincidence or not.

• Like 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

On 5/27/2021 at 3:30 PM, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

Have had 2 CTD's now both West LA area

I’m checking this thread for any info about this. I’ve had three CTDs this week within 2-3 miles of Whitman, KWHP. Thought I figured it out, a Big Bear (L35)add on was turned on through add on linker just before the flights. Removed the add on, then had two flights with no issue, including KSBA to L35 (stock). Today I had a CTD a few miles west of Van Nuys, KVNY. 

What could possible be causing this? Obviously this micro area has got some problematic issues. 

Edited by NismoRR
  • Like 1

I now have an issue where the trees and scenery tiles pop in and out at around 4-5 miles around me. You can see the squares render when approaching them, and behind me they pop out to the cartoonish look behind me. 

Looks silly. 

I have LOD set to 200. And Trees Ultra. 

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

On 6/3/2021 at 11:39 AM, Farlis said:

Yeah that's been "in" for a while.  Sometimes it's realistic...sometimes not.  Where I work, one of our parallels has directional runway edge lights and the other is omni.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |