Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

MSFS SU 4 - TBM 930 Improvements?

1 hour ago, Claudius_ said:

Who care of tighter turns and opening doors

I do. I also slap myself every morning with a bag of wet noodles. My preference having a more complete visual model is of concern to you, because?....

Edited by Ricardo41
  • Like 3

I like the mod better than Asobos new version despite how unrealistic it is.

• Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

I am happily surprised that after 20 years someone has fixed the turboprop logic in the base simulator! That is remarkable! I never could understand why LM seemingly did not even try to do this. 

I really enjoy the challenge of the TMB so hopefully someone will update the mod; and I agree it might be good to separate out the control of the doors and glare shields  into its own mod soon.

• Like 9

Dan Scott

Can anyone who's experienced with turboprops comment on the new engine logic of the TBM (and Cessna 208, King Air)? Is it working as it should now? 

I'm a bit surprised to see no one's writing about this, after reading so many complaints about the turboprop engine modelling which has been plain wrong since FSX (and even before, I presume).

Seems like everyone is flying happily, no time to comment on the latest changes 😉 

Edited by pstrub

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

1 hour ago, pstrub said:

Can anyone who's experienced with turboprops comment on the new engine logic of the TBM (and Cessna 208, King Air)? Is it working as it should now? 

It's greatly improved. For the first time since turboprops were introduced in FS2000 the relationship between ITT and torque is correct. Turboprops are now torque limited at lower altitudes and ITT limited at higher altitudes. Also the torque does finally decrease with altitude. All this was reversed previously so the update made a huge change. 

In combination with the mod it is now an absolute pleasure to fly the TBM.  

• Like 2

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

6 minutes ago, Tim-HH said:

In combination with the mod it is now an absolute pleasure to fly the TBM.  

Does the mod still work well with the TBM? I removed it because I did not know if it would override or conflict with any of the new changes, but if it is compatible I will put it back because it really contributed to the realism.

• Upvote 1

Dan Scott

20 minutes ago, Cognita said:

Does the mod still work well with the TBM? I removed it because I did not know if it would override or conflict with any of the new changes, but if it is compatible I will put it back because it really contributed to the realism.

It works fine. I just replaced the "flight_model.cfg" and "engines.cfg" from the mod with the new ones from the TBM folder to take advantage of the changes. After that I only added the modified values to increase the drag of the gear, increase the deflection of the nose gear and remove the 30% throttle gap.

There is only one pitfall: When replacing the "flight_model.cfg" make sure to copy the [INTERACTIVE POINTS] section from the old file to the new one. Otherwise the doors won't open anymore.   

• Like 4

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

3 minutes ago, Tim-HH said:

It works fine. I just replaced the "flight_model.cfg" and "engines.cfg" from the mod with the new ones from the TBM folder to take advantage of the changes. After that I only added the modified values to increase the drag of the gear, increase the deflection of the nose gear and remove the 30% throttle gap.

There is only one pitfall: When replacing the "flight_model.cfg" make sure to copy the [INTERACTIVE POINTS] section from the old file to the new one. Otherwise the doors won't open anymore.   

Great - any chance you can share your cfg files here so we don't mess it up?

Ryzen 7800X3D | Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX MB | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | RTX 3080 GPU | Sound BlasterX AE-5 | Windows 11 Pro x64 | Virpil T-50 Throttle | T50 CM2 Grip + WarBRD | VKB T-rudder MK IV | Asus PG279Q 1440p | Valve Index VR | Samsung 980 Pro as system disk and Intel 665P SSD for games

So I did a flight last night with the mugz mod everything seemed ok no need to fiddle with CFG files, whether this is allowing the new changes to come through I have no idea!  Was a joy to fly either way sure the mod author will release an update if one is required.

Thomas Derbyshire

2 hours ago, pstrub said:

I'm a bit surprised to see no one's writing about this, after reading so many complaints about the turboprop engine modelling which has been plain wrong since FSX (and even before, I presume).

Seems like everyone is flying happily, no time to comment on the latest changes 😉 

It is much improved and fairly realistic aside from a couple aforementioned caveats. Beta reverse is accurate now. Have only tried the TBM briefly for a RNAV approach, and haven't gotten to the King Air yet. Noticed a ITT overtemp on takeoff which was weird. The bottom line is the logic is now there for a really good mod (or mods including other TP's) if someone or the WT guys get around to refining...

• Like 1

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

For some reason the doors are faulty here. The cargodoor opens just halfway and gets transparent. The other two are working.

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

38 minutes ago, Tim-HH said:

Yes, of course. I've send you a PM. 

Fischkopp 😄

• Like 1

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

1 hour ago, Tim-HH said:

Yes, of course. I've send you a PM. 

Me too, bitte! Managed to recreate most modifications you mentioned, but couldn't find the config entry for the nose wheel steering.

I did some test flights, and the torque indeed decreases with altitude, as it (probably) should, but in a climb I didn't see the ITT get anywhere near the red line in the TBM, and in the Grand Caravan it just got close to max temperature. Is that expected, or is there still some room for improvements? 

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

10 minutes ago, pstrub said:

but couldn't find the config entry for the nose wheel steering

In the original file you'll see:

max_castering_angle = 3.14159265358979 ; Defines the maximum angle a free castering wheel can take (in radians).
point.0 = 1, -7.5, 0, -4.14, 720, 0, 0.52, 15, 0.327, 1.5, 0.9, 13, 13, 0, 0, 0, 4

Change the 15 to 60 so it looks like the below:

max_castering_angle = 3.14159265358979 ; Defines the maximum angle a free castering wheel can take (in radians).
point.0 = 1, -7.5, 0, -4.14, 720, 0, 0.52, 60, 0.327, 1.5, 0.9, 13, 13, 0, 0, 0, 4

• Like 2