Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

MSFS SU 4 - TBM 930 Improvements?

7 minutes ago, Tektolnes said:

In the original file you'll see:

max_castering_angle = 3.14159265358979 ; Defines the maximum angle a free castering wheel can take (in radians).
point.0 = 1, -7.5, 0, -4.14, 720, 0, 0.52, 15, 0.327, 1.5, 0.9, 13, 13, 0, 0, 0, 4

Change the 15 to 60 so it looks like the below:

max_castering_angle = 3.14159265358979 ; Defines the maximum angle a free castering wheel can take (in radians).
point.0 = 1, -7.5, 0, -4.14, 720, 0, 0.52, 60, 0.327, 1.5, 0.9, 13, 13, 0, 0, 0, 4

Cool, thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for!

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

2 hours ago, Tim-HH said:

Yes, of course. I've send you a PM. 

Hey Tim, do you mind sending me a PM too? 🙂

Cheers :)

N.-

5 hours ago, Tim-HH said:

It works fine. I just replaced the "flight_model.cfg" and "engines.cfg" from the mod with the new ones from the TBM folder to take advantage of the changes. After that I only added the modified values to increase the drag of the gear, increase the deflection of the nose gear and remove the 30% throttle gap.

Tim, thank you, that was most helpful! I think I have it working with the exception of the drag on the gear. If you have a moment, could you please post the change to the config for this one too -- then I will be all set. 

Dan Scott

Just had a chance to try the King Air finally. Flies well especially on approach segment. Ground handling is ok and the beta reverse does tail stands now, but the reversing isn't linear. The PT6's sure seem to take a while to spool. Went from stopped to tail stand. Expensive issue 🙂  Taxiing was difficult also it seems to either be going super slow or way too fast on the ramp. The taxiing does work well on the taxi ways/speeds....

Edited by Flyfaster_MTN002

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

10 minutes ago, Cognita said:

I think I have it working with the exception of the drag on the gear.

In flight_model.cfg look for: drag_coef_gear = 0.01000

Change it to be: drag_coef_gear = 0.04700

• Like 2

There is so much flap drag on this plane that it's absolutely insane.

You need to have torque in the 50's & 60's on final approach there's so much drag on her, when in reality you shouldn't need much more than 25 torque...less in many cases.

Going back to my previous modified file for now as I dont feel like taking the time to redo all my work again...this is likely to become a habit with every patch for awhile to come. 

9 minutes ago, hangar said:

You need to have torque in the 50's & 60's on final approach there's so much drag on her, when in reality you shouldn't need much more than 25 torque...less in many cases.

Going back to my previous modified file for now as I dont feel like taking the time to redo all my work again...this is likely to become a habit with every patch for awhile to come. 

Is usually around 30% on approach

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

1 hour ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

Is usually around 30% on approach

Im speaking of the recommended numbers by Daher. There's also a walkthrough of the approach here:

"For example, on precision approaches at maximum gross weight, the steps begin with a power reduction to 35 percent torque, which yields approximately 150 KIAS. At two dots above the glideslope, extend the landing gear. At one dot above the glide-slope, extend the flaps to the first, takeoff position. At glideslope intercept, reduce power to 22 percent torque, leave it there, and go to full flaps. The airplane will slow to the recommended 85 KIAS (with an acceptable deviation of minus 5 knots/plus 10 knots) as it follows the glideslope to the runway. It’s important to trim for 85 KIAS so that you won’t be nose heavy and holding excessive back-pressure during the flare and touchdown. Additionally, at 50 feet agl, make sure that torque is at or slightly above 10 percent."

Source:

TBM Technique: Landing in style - AOPA

But, in any case...the point I was making was not to bicker about the exact number, but to simply point out that the default flight modeling is quite bad as far as lift/drag/engine settings on approach are concerned.

If you try to fly an approach with the MS version of this plane by using the correct real world settings the plane would lose lift and crash into the ground many miles short of the runway...and THAT is not a simulation, by any stretch of the imagination.

Edited by hangar

On 5/27/2021 at 9:11 PM, hangar said:

With the latest update, I've found the TBM is actually closer to RW performance than ever.

I've always used the same AOPA recommendations that you quoted and I've gotten good results by following all recommended procedures except power settings.  Using the TMB930 Improvement Mod,, I established approach at 150, lowered gear/flaps at the appropriate position and maintained an average of 85 down the GS, usually ending with a greaser.  You are correct when you talk about the torque required - it's too high (and it was too high on final before the update).

Before the update and using the mod, I had to reduce torque to 28% (rather than the recommended 35%) to obtain about 150K.  However, after the update, this is almost RW, with a setting of 35% giving me about 144K.  Once gear and flaps are lowered, however, it does require more torque now to hold speed (about 63%).  However, maintaining the recommended speeds puts me on the money for touchdown.

So, for now, using Tektolnes settings, I've combined the improvement mod with the update and am obtaining closer to RW performance (especially in torque and prop performance at altitude, ITT levels, etc.), while still being required to use higher power settings on approach with the hardware out.

Randall Rocke

Hello

Did someone succeed to make work the light in the cockpit with the performance mod (i replace also "flight_model.cfg" and "engines.cfg")

I can make work only the exterior light but the inside light stay broken

Guillaume LE MENTEC

P3DV4.3/Windows 10/i5 4670 K@4.2

The Uwa light mod was included in the TBM930 Improvement Mod.  Now that some of us have edited the mod to include the performance updates from Asobo, I believe that the light modifications were lost.

I now add the Uwa light mod - TBM930 to my TBM preset every time I fly it and the lighting appears to operate normally.

Randall Rocke

unfortunatly for me the uwa light correct only the exterior light and not the light in the cabin

Guillaume LE MENTEC

P3DV4.3/Windows 10/i5 4670 K@4.2