Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

More MSFS 777s rolling off the Assembly line!

This is a PSA (Public Service Announcement) just letting all the simmers who like the 777 shell CaptainSim released, and were wondering if they'll see more shells in the near (very near it seems) future.

Let's try to keep it civil if you comment...I don't want this thread locked as CS threads always seem to for some reason.🤔

rRPQNx.jpg

Very curious to see how he's gonna price and package them.

I can't help but think about "Deadliest Catch" when I think of this situation.  If you are a long time fan of the show, you know what "Set Back" is.  When they are "on the crab", they'll frequently "Set Back" or re-bait the "pot" and put it right back in the water.  Its a good practice of course as they increase their catch.

CS realized he's "on the crab" with MSFS (actually surprised it took him this long to realize how easy it is to make money in this new market), and now he see he can release his visual models riding on other people's systems, FDE, etc...with very little effort from him, and he has a stash of FSX models in his "Bait Bucket"....I'd bet my paycheck that he's already lining up the 737, 757, 767, L1011, B52, C130, F104...etc for release to the "Crab" that is waiting for the next bait trap to drop on their heads. 🤣

I really want to know folk's thoughts on how they think he'll market and package them.

Here are my thoughts...and I hope after the latest stunt he pulled with the livery fiasco he's thinking a little more clearly about his marketing decisions. 😆

Since his lists them as "Expansions"

• Existing 777 customers should get them at a VASTLY reduced price (I mean like no more than $5 a piece since I feel his sticker-shock price of $30 for a shell was outrageous)
  • He should NOT try to play his little "bundle" game with airframe/engine combos to try and syphon more cash from people who already paid the $30 door charge to get into his party. 🙂  
  • All engine options should actually be included free for each variant, Its not like he's doing any actual new modeling with this project, the work is already done, he's just porting models. Trying to charge money for that can't be viewed any other way than greed.

I'd say if he does this, and of course makes the marketing literature clear about what the customer is getting, I think it would be generally accepted by the folks who'll be customers for this type of addon.

My only concern about selling just "skins" is that looking at his forums, there seems to be a lot of new, 1-post customers asking for fixes to the systems in the aircraft, only to be linked to the post he setup that informs them he's not changing anything code-wise.  It would seem that many new simmers didn't clearly understand they were not getting a fully developed 777, and were expecting fixes to code he does not own nor he developed.   
That was always my biggest concern of this release.

I saw 2 new simmers in his forum complaining that they already did long haul flights, only to run out of fuel and crash in the ocean due to a fuel crossover issue, that naturally won't be fixed. 

I can only hope the modding community will come to the rescue and make this a more complete  purchase for them.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

CS aircraft are generally well modelled, and look the part, but my experience is that they did not fly well from the start, had significant flaws in handling, and were often very tardy in receiving updates to fix those flaws.  And they were supposed to be fully developed deep-system models!  In my limited CS experience the only one that flew pretty well was the 767, though I certainly did not purchase many of their aircraft.  They were not good value unless all you cared about was eye-candy.

Following the liveries fiasco, I will not purchase any of their future models, let alone expansion packs.  How can anyone know what stunt they will pull next?  I will wait for the genuinely high-quality developers to bring their products to market.

Cheers,  Brian L Robinson

Flight Simmer since 1983 - loving the brilliant Quality Wings 787 and all PMDG models!!

Fine, can`t wait..

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

I think we owe it to ourselves and the community at this point to simply stop talking about him

He's at the "any publicity is good publicity" point and we shouldn't be contributing it it.

If someone wants his products they know where to go.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

When was the first 777? I can’t remember one at all...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I'd rather wait for the PMDG, and other respected developers offerings, at least you know the standard will be excepetional.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

So simply leave CS behind with the FSX era addons and look toward new horizons in MSFS quality payware....gotcha.🙃

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

My guess is that the "expansion" will have the cockpit of a Long Easy, and the "freighter" will have the cockpit of a Cessna Caravan.  

• Like 3

8 hours ago, caneman said:

My guess is that the "expansion" will have the cockpit of a Long Easy, and the "freighter" will have the cockpit of a Cessna Caravan.  

Just the best nonsens i ever heard about..😴

😌 cheers

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Makes me wonder why the OP is so obsessed with this. Everything that needs to be said about the CS777 has already been said many times over. Do we really need to beat this dead horse again?

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, caneman said:

Luckily , someone with an insider view 😆

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0