Sign in to follow this  
Guest RGH

FS Commander Version 8.0 - Upgraders Beware!

Guest draky

Just so others in the FS community don't fall foul of what has turned out to be a sad marketing and advertising ploy by the sellers of the excellent FS Commander read on.....If you purchased the CDROM version of the original product when you download the advertised lower price upgrade from Simmarket they will charge you the full new product price and not the discounted price for the upgrade. This is an automatic process so you really don't know what you are being charged until it's too late to pull back.I have always found the folks at FS Commander extremely helpful (Volker and Sascha) and I would not fly so well without their great addon, FS Commander, however this episode with their marketers has left a sour taste in the mouth by some bad customer relations activity. A refund of the price difference of Euro 20 would not have broken their bank and would have gone a long way to keep at least one customer happy.As a long term and pretty loyal customer of Simmarket this episode will have me shopping elsewhere for my FS addons in future.

I'm considering purchasing it, however, Simmarket has more warnings than verbiage about the product. I will buy from Flight1 without hesitation, but Simmarket is starting to look like a PT website. To many warnings with little indication of customer satisfaction as a priority.From the FS Commander Product Page on Simmarket:"SHAREWARE: FIRST: DOWNLOAD BELOW, INSTALL & RUN AND CHECK FUNCTIONALITY! NO REFUNDS GIVEN!orCD DELIVERYLicence file will be generated and emailed only once. Please ensure that your Email Client does not sort emails from sales@simmarket.com as SPAM, you can do that by including sales@simmarket.com in your address book, and that you can receive email attachments. Please make a safe backup of your licence file as we cannot provide replacement keys under any circumstances. We recommend to save it on your hard disk (right click on the attachment and choose save as from the menu) and to burn it on cd."

Guest AOA

HiFrom their purchase page"NOTE: The special upgrade price will be awarded automatically, therefore you must be logged into your same account used to purchase the previous version! If in doubt contact simMarket support first! NO REFUNDS GIVEN!"Are you sure you got it right?Were you entitled to the upgrade price under your account name/date of purchase?I`m pretty sure the updated price is shown on the order confirm page and if it did`nt I would have held off on pushing the button.PeteFor the record I`m not all that happy with SimMarket`s policies but some things can`t be gotten otherwise.I`m really careful when I`m over there to buy and I do backup as everyone should be doing.

When you buy at Simmmarket you get an account, log in there and see all your keys and downloads as many times as you like.

Guest draky

The problem was that I had purchased the CDROM version of the original FS Commander (from Aerosoft V7.3) so there was no record in Simmarket to award me the upgrade price. Fair enough but there should have been some clear indication of this BEFORE you have to confirm the transaction with Simmarket.I'm sure the FS Commander team would not be impressed with what since transpired at Simmarket with a so called @trouble ticket' - they basically said it was togh and would not make any refund as per their policy statement. With a policy like that I won't be visiting their site again and I have been a simulator fan for years and spent a great deal on addons and the like.Please don't let this put anyone off the product - I prefer it over FS Navigator but that's just my own point of view - a pity FS Commander is apparently not marketed elsewhere.Capt. Dave.

What i wrote about the account and keys was for Bob. No you are right they dont handle costumer service very well at Simmarket, if you write a trouble ticket they many times take it as a personal attack on them. I think you should contact those who made FS commander and tell them about it, but beware that you will most likely be blacklistet at Simmarket, and not be able to purchase from them again.

Guest AOA

DrakyFound this on the FSC download page.Very important: If you own the boxed version of FlightSim Commander distributed by Aerosoft, you cannot use the upgrade files on this page. Please go to the Aerosoft website (www.aerosoft.de) and download the upgrade file from there.Gotta do your homework guy.Pete

Guest camtech

im not for sure you can download anytime you like i think they have a yearly charge ( i believe 5 dollars a year), at least that what they did to me about a year ago , i wanted to re-down load some software that i have owned for about three years and they wanted me to give them five dollars and charge it to my credit card to redowload it.from that point on i really dont deal with them unless i have to.i had to of late to get fuicp from pete dowson.Flight1 is absolutely great, they are user friendly and i can get a redownload real quick, keys, etc.Not that i care if they charge but at that time i really needed a redownload and i did not have my card at the time.So that left a bad taste in my mouth, so i stay away from them if i can.........Robert

Agree that SimMarket is getting a bit big for their britches.They decided to implement a new credit card security policy, which refuses charges from a valid card if your IP address originates from a different region than your billing address. So for all the US military and State Dept folks stationed or deployed outside the country with legitimate US APO/FPO addresses, your credit card is no longer usable at SimMarket, because they won't take the time to realize an APO, AE address is physically located in Europe even though it is a US address. And if you're an international traveler away from home, don't plan on ordering anything from SimMarket with your credit card either.A trouble ticket yielded "we never comment on credit card security issues." Utterly useless.Therefore, I will do my shopping at Aerosoft, Flight1, or any other venue where possible, and I will be very choosy from this point forward with respect to products from those developers that choose SimMarket as their only outlet.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

I appreciate the post Draky! I was thinking of making the purchase from Simmarket, but have decided to put it off.It's a shame more developers do not take advantage of the reputation of Flight1 and other shops like Aerosoft. Flight1 has always been top in my books for the sheer simplicity of their approach to customer service/support and safeguarding the works of the authors. And their policies regarding refunds within 30 days. Can't beat that if you ask me.I do not know why Simmarket does not do the same 30 day refund policy... I'd love to know why, but I don't think they would ever answer that question with a straight answer. I often wait a bit after products are released, sort of a buffer zone, before I make my purchase (watching for product and publisher comments). My wife hates that, she gets irritated at me becasue I err on the safe side, and research all if not most of my purchases.I have been burned enough times to know better, and now do my homework. [hr width=100%" size=1 color="black]http://forefrontgrp.com/MyLogo2.JPGJason | General Aviation Fan

>When you buy at Simmmarket you get an account, log in there>and see all your keys and downloads as many times as you>like.That is contrary to this written statement concerning FS Commander:"Licence file will be generated and emailed only once."You cannot log in and re-download products at your leisure (at least I cannot). I have several products in my account and none of them have active links because they expired. Don't you have to pay extra for them to keep the link active for a year?They are not competitive with Flight1. I can obtain keys on four year old products in a matter of minutes. Bob...

Guest j_merv

Simmarket is the WORST place to buy from.Every other developer lets me re-download all my keys/products WHENEVER I want. But I tried to re-download a few products I had purchased from Simmarker and they tell me I must pay $5 EACH for products I ALREADY paid for. After long talks with "customer service" people, I told them I will never make another purchase from them and said I'd let everybody know about their practices.Simmarket = STAY AWAY

I have only purchased FSBuild from Simmarket. No problems so far.But I have read that some people have had problems with them.

Guest draky

Just a quick update - I have mentioned this to the producers of FS Commander and I must stress again they are most helpful and maintaing great customer relationships, unlike some!.The developers are contacting Simmarket with the suggestion that they make it clear that the upgrade only applies to previous version as downloaded from Simmarket.Yes I guess I should have done some more research before hitting the 'agree' button at Simmarket but the fact is I have bought so may addons over the years and kept records for all downloads I could not easily find a record for my original purchase. This as it turned out was due to a dust gathering boxed version of FS Commander with Aerosoft's marketing lable on my shelf. My fault yup but I do maintain that (1) It should have been made clear on Simmarket's advertised product and (2) their customer relations leave much to be desired, the latter would seem to agree with most comments in this thread.Follow-up and support goes a long way in my book - there are some great folks out there who take time and a personal interest in their customers, FS Commander and Active Sky to mention two outstanding producers from my experience.

Guest draky

Well some refreshing news from Simarket today and an apology (after I had directed them to this particular thread) - I received the following e-mail that goes a long way to cement their relationship with this particular client.... to be fair here is the contents of the mail:-QUOTE:Dear David,please let me apologize in the name of simMarket for the above... let's call it 'mishappening'.We have reviewed and revised our FSCommander product page, it was indeed not very well worded. That has been corrected now.And yes, our policies are quite strict at times; please understand that we are not publishers, but vendors which stand in between our clients like yourself and our clients the developers and authors of the products we carry.We value you as a long standing customer of simMarket and are therefore sending you a credit voucher via email in the value of eur20.00 towards your next simMarket purchase.Best regards.Marty, simMarketThe Gift Voucher is worth EUR 20.00UNQUOTEGiven time they may gain credit on my list of those who eventual;ly make an effort in their customer relations department. Just a pity it took this wake up call in the first place.Now back to my Alaska flying for today..... enjoy!