Sign in to follow this  
Guest RGH

FS Commander Version 8.0 - Upgraders Beware!

Guest AOA

DrakyGlad it was sorted for you to your satisfaction.A gift voucher huh?Simmarket just hates to give a straight up refund it seems.Well as long as you are happy.Pete

Gift Voucher? How extremely generous of them!?I've spent over 1000 euros on addons from Simmarket, and have never gotten any Gift Voucher from them. Not even a thank you for being a loyal customer. But I guess I'm not, since I've spent even more on other publishers and vendors. I asked for a discount once, only to be cut off by the "we are only vendors" term.Poor vendors! Are they selling people addons for free?I should be grateful.

Rune B.

Guest iwantmydc3

I'd like to thank everyone for letting me know not to do buisiness with SimMarket. They seem kinda shady. I have purchased from FSD and the FligthSim pilot shop with no problems (so far). I am always careful when I order from any of these sites because although it is convenient (direct downloading), many of the add on makers, and sites that resell their stuff, are in other countries, and some of them are ESL. (Abacus and Carenado are 2 good examples-great software, but its obvious that english is not their first language). I still buy most of my add ons this way though because of the convenience of dowloading rather than waiting for CD's to come from europe or haunting CompUSA trying to find the boxed stuff. My general rule is, once I have a bad experience with a seller I don't go back there. I'm not even going to try SimMarket because there are several other sites that I can get better results from. Thanks

>I'd like to thank everyone for letting me know not to do>buisiness with SimMarket. They seem kinda shady. This is rather a strange conclusion to reach, especially considering that the original poster has shown great courage by reporting a happy conclusion to his issue...>(Abacus and Carenado are 2 good examples-great software, but>its obvious that english is not their first language).Even stranger... Abacus is headquartered in Wisconsin, which the last time I checked is still in the United States. Admittedly, "we" do speak 'Merican here in the U.S. rather than English, but it's uaually close enough to be comprehended! ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I do not normally get involved in threads such a this but I have purchased a few items from SimMarket over the last few years without problems - although until now I never needed any support.However, yesterday I got it wrong. Purely by my own error, I purchased only one element of an add-on - not thinking I needed the second element {which was available in a special "bundle" price}. SimMarket pointed out my mistake as a result of a TT I submitted, and I expected to have to pay the full price for the second element. However, they immediately offered both elements at the bundle price and this was actioned and completed in less than 12 hours of my first TT submission!Because;a. All my communications were acknowledged immediately and replied to within a couple of hours.b. In each case it was the same named person - and he had the authority to take action. in my view this was 5 star customer support and a credit to the company.John Rooum

Guest j_merv

>I do not normally get involved in threads such a this but I>have purchased a few items from SimMarket over the last few>years without problems - although until now I never needed any>support.>>However, yesterday I got it wrong. Purely by my own error, I>purchased only one element of an add-on - not thinking I>needed the second element {which was available in a special>"bundle" price}. SimMarket pointed out my mistake as a result>of a TT I submitted, and I expected to have to pay the full>price for the second element. However, they immediately>offered both elements at the bundle price and this was>actioned and completed in less than 12 hours of my first TT>submission!>>Because;>>a. All my communications were acknowledged immediately and>replied to within a couple of hours.>>b. In each case it was the same named person - and he had the>authority to take action. >>in my view this was 5 star customer support and a credit to>the company.>>John Rooum Consider yourself lucky.Simmarket has the worst customer service.

Guest RGH

What you said about been blacklisted is quite true,I managed to get a refund from them from a downloaded product that the producers said it was not compatable with my setup But simmarket blacklsted me so now I can not get support for programs that I bought from them.and so I could not discuss this on their forum they removed access from there.Rex