Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Thanks to all the beta testers for the SU4 patch!

So it's almost been 24 hours since the release of SU4 and so far, from what I have read, it seems to be a pretty good patch.  Maybe it's one of the best patches that has ever come out for MSFS.  The patch has been mostly stable and I haven't read of any wide spread severe "show stopping" bug so far.  The most impressive part of this patch is that Asobo jammed so many changes into this patch, but the patch came out pretty good after all the changes they made.

I believe this time, in addition to the 300 beta testers, Asobo also had a select group of testers in the beta.  So thanks to the beta testers that made this patch such a great patch!

In addition, I hope Asobo expands on the beta testing team further and gives more time for beta testing.  I really hope they do an "opt in" beta test in the future where any player can opt in the beta.  Either way, more beta testers, more time for beta testing, is just a win win in my book.

• Like 30

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Agreed.  A very good patch, in fact it is so good that I would say it is how the sim should have been when released,  

Still a way to go but this is a  good indication they mean business.

Thanks Asobo, and thanks to the beta testers,

• Like 6

Harry Woodrow

4 minutes ago, harrry said:

Agreed.  A very good patch, in fact it is so good that I would say it is how the sim should have been when released,  

Still a way to go but this is a  good indication they mean business.

Thanks Asobo, and thanks to the beta testers,

Yup.  They got to do beta testing for every patch.  And they need more beta testers.  And personally, I would give beta testing more time too before the patch is released.

• Like 1

Beta testers are very important.  You know what's even MORE important?  Software engineers and programmers that are motivated and skilled!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• i9-9900K + 2080 Ti | 1TB PCIe + 32GB RAM.  Dell 24 inch monitor.  Thrust master T16000 stick, throttles, and pedals.
    FSX and MSFS.

2 minutes ago, Joe Alferio said:

Beta testers are very important.  You know what's even MORE important?  Software engineers and programmers that are motivated and skilled!

I do not think they are lacking in that at Asobo.  I do think they missed out in their requirement analysis possibly only looking at one Use Case and that was not us.

Edited by harrry
  • Like 2

Harry Woodrow

4 minutes ago, Joe Alferio said:

Well, with the Working Title developers helping Asobo now, they got even more skilled developers to help with MSFS.

20 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

So it's almost been 24 hours since the release of SU4 and so far, from what I have read, it seems to be a pretty good patch.  Maybe it's one of the best patches that has ever come out for MSFS.  The patch has been mostly stable and I haven't read of any wide spread severe "show stopping" bug so far.  The most impressive part of this patch is that Asobo jammed so many changes into this patch, but the patch came out pretty good after all the changes they made.

I believe this time, in addition to the 300 beta testers, Asobo also had a select group of testers in the beta.  So thanks to the beta testers that made this patch such a great patch!

In addition, I hope Asobo expands on the beta testing team further and gives more time for beta testing.  I really hope they do an "opt in" beta test in the future where any player can opt in the beta.  Either way, more beta testers, more time for beta testing, is just a win win in my book.

What happened this time is the trusted devellopers also got in the Beta (we were asked by MS directly a few days before the beta release), it was a very good move. having random users is useful, but devellopers tend to really test and put the beta thru its paces.

• Like 5

Got to agree. I have not seen anyone rage quit the sim yet after this update. That's a first

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

2 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

What happened this time is the trusted devellopers also got in the Beta (we were asked by MS directly a few days before the beta release), it was a very good move. having random users is useful, but devellopers tend to really test and put the beta thru its paces.

I don't know why they wouldn't let developers into the beta.  Just make them sign an NDA.  Every developer would want to help test because the patch can affect their products.  But a few days before isn't really enough time.  They should give more beta testing time, even for the developers.

Wish I could share the enthusiasm ..... i'll pass on the plaudits until they see fit to sort the ludicrous ground handling suffered by propellor planes  ............. only change i can see is in the fact of the Piper Arrow, on landing, now firing itself to the left of the runway, whereas before it was the right ...... same end result ...... total frustration at the immersion factor being obliterated every flight one tries to make ...... aware i'm becoming a long-playing record with the needle stuck in a groove with this issue, but i expected more from my purchase, and wonder how enough pressure can be put on MS/Asobo, and by whom, to order their priorities towards core issues .... or maybe that's just an impossible dream?????

1 minute ago, AKStirling said:

Wish I could share the enthusiasm ..... i'll pass on the plaudits until they see fit to sort the ludicrous ground handling suffered by propellor planes  ............. only change i can see is in the fact of the Piper Arrow, on landing, now firing itself to the left of the runway, whereas before it was the right ...... same end result ...... total frustration at the immersion factor being obliterated every flight one tries to make ...... aware i'm becoming a long-playing record with the needle stuck in a groove with this issue, but i expected more from my purchase, and wonder how enough pressure can be put on MS/Asobo, and by whom, to order their priorities towards core issues .... or maybe that's just an impossible dream?????

Can you not stop the endless rant for 1 day ? Asobo works based on priorities that people vote on their forum. So if you want something to be "fixed" or "improved", go on the forum, start a thread, make your argument and let the community vote on it. It's the only way you will get things done. 

• Like 17
  • Upvote 6

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Agree, good work 👍

• Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Anyone notice performance improvements?

MSFS. Hardware: AMD 5600X @4.0Ghz, Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT AIO, MSI MPG B550i Gaming Edge WiFi mobo, RTX 3080ti 12GB FE GPU , G.Skill TridentZ Royal 32GB (2x16) DDR4-3600 RAM CL16, PNY XLR8 3030 1 TB SSD (OS + SIM), Crucial P5 1TB M.2 pcie-3 NVMe SSD (data) . Corsair SF750 80+ Platinum PSU, NZXT H200i Mini ITX Tower.  38" LG UltraGear  38GN950-B display. 4x QL120 fans

44 minutes ago, AKStirling said:

You realize that beta testing can help you get to your goal of better ground handling for propeller planes in MSFS, right?  With beta testing, the patches are more stable for the community.  With stable patches, Asobo doesn't have to waste time on hotfixes. In addition, with beta testing, Asobo can jam more changes in each patch.

In other words, beta testing leads to higher productivity for Asobo, more stable patches, and more changes for each patch.  Asobo saves time, which means they can get more stuff done.  This will allow Asobo to get all the higher priority changes in faster, and if they keep going down the list of changes, they may eventually get to your requested change about ground handling of propeller planes.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 6