Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

26th May 2021 Developer Q&A: Begins at 10:30 AM PST

18 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

Another Q&A with no update on the relationship with PMDG and how it is going. I know this should be an update from Randazzo on this, but given the statue of PMDG in the community, you'd hope they'd mention there's some progress there. Jorg has been pretty open talking about the CRJ progress, but on PMDG total crickets.

PMDG hasn’t released anything yet.  When they release something, I think they will get a mention in the Q&A then, or Asobo will invite Randazzo to the Q&A.  That’s after PMDG releases something.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

14 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

I really hope you guys have fruitful conversations. AIG is all I need to feel like I love this sim. 

we had and I hope we will have in the future - at least in todays QA jörg sounded very positve about our last talks

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

I wish I knew when I paid for the 737 NGXU in P3D that I'd wait almost a year for them to sit with a thumbs up their behinds.

Edited by Drumcode

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

1 minute ago, Drumcode said:

I wish I knew whey I paid for the 737 NGXU in P3D that I'd wait almost a year for them to sit with a thumbs up their behinds.

Classy Comment, 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

28 minutes ago, MattNischan said:

So, it was a quick tease, but the intent with the new flight planning technology is to fly every kind of leg. This would include procedure turns, DME arcs, RF legs, holds, manual terminations, etc. It will also have a full coupled VNAV simulation and full RNAV. Basically, think the flexibility of the CJ4 flight plan system, but a great deal more advanced, even. Full flight path vectorization is performed in real time every few seconds, just like in the real unit. So for relative legs, you'll see them move around as you change speeds, and likewise you will see turns from leg to leg compute in real time as well.

We'll be launching an early access version around the end of June or beginning of July that you'll be able to just download from the Marketplace, and it will be kept up to date there. So, it should be a better user experience than needing to grab stuff from GitHub. We're really excited, and we'll start showing a bit more of what the new NXi can do in the next weeks.

-Matt

That is huge news for the sim.  To have that as default is even bigger news!  Thank you guys!  Basically that means every aircraft is RNP capable by default...even if they aren't in the real world....hehe.  Life can always imitate art.  🙂 

• Like 1

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

9 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

PMDG hasn’t released anything yet.  When they release something, I think they will get a mention in the Q&A then, or Asobo will invite Randazzo to the Q&A.  That’s after PMDG releases something.

Having Randazzo in a Q&A would be really cool. Always looking forward for his annoucements, would be cool to see a face behind the name.

42 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Jorg wants people to post on the MSFS forums as to why you guys think historical weather is important for the sim.

Great! Have a look here:

Why is historic weather important! - Bugs & Issues / Weather - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

and upvote, please!

• Upvote 1

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7 minutes ago, 737_800 said:

Having Randazzo in a Q&A would be really cool. Always looking forward for his annoucements, would be cool to see a face behind the name.

I would really predict at some point they will invite RSR and Matjias Kok for these Q&As 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

I'm glad they put the tree thing to rest. It makes perfect sense

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

3 minutes ago, styckx said:

I'm glad they put the tree thing to rest. It makes perfect sense

but you know, it's not the end of the saga right ?

• Like 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

2 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

They've got lots of talented people working on the flight model,

😅 (Actual quote:  "We have one of our really talented guys working on the flight model..."

Edited by Donstim

45 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

but you know, it's not the end of the saga right ?

Well, they addressed the tree issue scientifically at least, and I think they will maybe have a setting to double the draw distance in future (maybe after DX12), which is great, but some of us still can't understand what they did, when the tree mods were already working spectacularly.  The guys (like Bijan and the freeware guys) had already adjusted the tree heights anyway, and managed to get all of the extra draw distance as well at virtually zero performance cost.

But that aside, my thoughts are that we have just had the best update followed by the best Q&A we have ever had, and some of the best features and news including the likes of WT, FBW, AIG, the new Husky etc.  Really quite encouraging.

For me, recognising the morphing and talking about it was the biggest thing, as they seem to have skipped over it in the past.  Most of what was said made sense, but I can't understand how TAA is effecting it - that bit lost me. 

It isn't little bits of shimmering around the edges of the mountains, it is great big chunks of them moving around as you approach (sometimes with those transparent ribbons running through them). 
Surely that is just how it switches between the different LODS, not anti-aliasing effects - strange!

All good though.  I am about as happy as I have been with the state of the sim, and I know there is so much more to come.  Really exciting! :biggrin:

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 13
  • Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

3 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Jörg intervenes to say that they are aware of the issues affecting the Premium Deluxe planes, they are not abandoned and there are constant discussions on how to improve them.

At this point, would be a nice gesture from them to give us a discount on future Asobo payware planes

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ca_metal said:

PMDG themselves are more discreet. I'm not sure they would like more exposure before the release. 

Discrete? why is it they just set up a new Youtube channel with videos of the DC-6 for MSFS surely not for more exposure.

Edited by jbdbow1970
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, bendead said:

At this point, would be a nice gesture from them to give us a discount on future Asobo payware planes

I'm hoping they are close to realising that they need to *stop* discussing them and either assign the time and effort to properly fixing them or open them up so the community can do it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1