Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

26th May 2021 Developer Q&A: Begins at 10:30 AM PST

@MattNischan, outstanding to hear the plans for the navigator overhauls! I know you guys have focused on the full glass panel suites. Is there any possibility you could give the legacy GNS 530 unit some love too? Obviously the old GNS equipment wasn’t certified for RF legs, but it badly needs your other leg based navigation implemented to be useful. About half of my school’s training fleet still uses steam gauges with GNS 430/530s. I have a few instrument students with MSFS but end up sending them to XP to practice at home. 

• Like 1

Chris

21 minutes ago, snglecoil said:

@MattNischan, outstanding to hear the plans for the navigator overhauls! I know you guys have focused on the full glass panel suites. Is there any possibility you could give the legacy GNS 530 unit some love too? Obviously the old GNS equipment wasn’t certified for RF legs, but it badly needs your other leg based navigation implemented to be useful. About half of my school’s training fleet still uses steam gauges with GNS 430/530s. I have a few instrument students with MSFS but end up sending them to XP to practice at home. 

The idea is to make the flight plan system (including vectorization) available to all avionics stacks (either as a core sim system or as a default JS system). Avionics systems that implement on top of it would be able to decide whether or not to make RF legs truly RF or treat them as TF legs like those older units do. It's pretty early days as far as that goes, though. I expect we'll have more to say on this later in the process, as we dogfood the system on the NXi and work out how it can be generalized.

-Matt

• Like 6

The transparency and open discussions is so refreshing and exciting for the future. Look at other development groups from all kinds of genres and the vast majority dont have this discussion with their player base let alone admitting the faults, and sincerely want to improve it further.  The haters for this platform will have a hard time picking this apart when things like the G1000Nxi is in as part of the core sim.  

The partnerships in expertise areas is also good to hear.  I think the HPG A135 has garnered a whole lot of attention and a blast to fly, and really shifted the interest into high gear so that the search for an outstanding partnership of heli's native to the sim will be coming sooner than later.  

We arent at the 1 year mark yet and there is a whole lot more to come. DX12 looks to have a whole lot of optimizations.   Exciting stuff. Now we just need some top notch high calibre airliners. 

• Like 13

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

I cant wait for the Nordic update, the new mesh will hopefully work wonders in my home area.

• Like 3

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

1 hour ago, HighTowers said:

The transparency and open discussions is so refreshing and exciting for the future. Look at other development groups from all kinds of genres and the vast majority dont have this discussion with their player base let alone admitting the faults, and sincerely want to improve it further.  The haters for this platform will have a hard time picking this apart when things like the G1000Nxi is in as part of the core sim.  

The partnerships in expertise areas is also good to hear.  I think the HPG A135 has garnered a whole lot of attention and a blast to fly, and really shifted the interest into high gear so that the search for an outstanding partnership of heli's native to the sim will be coming sooner than later.  

We arent at the 1 year mark yet and there is a whole lot more to come. DX12 looks to have a whole lot of optimizations.   Exciting stuff. Now we just need some top notch high calibre airliners. 

Yes, their attitude towards not only fixing the bugs, but continuing to enhance the sim and add new features is exactly why this sim will last another 30 years...easily.  The rate of updates are incredible.  If you count both SU and WU, we're seeing something about once a month now?  We're getting some serious value and we haven't cracked the one year mark yet.

The fact that they are also adding new partners from the community adds a ton of value as well.  Just look at the navigation side now with WT and how that is bringing the default aircraft to a level never before seen.

We could go on and on.  This will be the 'Diamond Age' of flight sim for sure.  🙂 

• Like 5

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

2 hours ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

Yes, their attitude towards not only fixing the bugs, but continuing to enhance the sim and add new features is exactly why this sim will last another 30 years...easily.  The rate of updates are incredible.  If you count both SU and WU, we're seeing something about once a month now?  We're getting some serious value and we haven't cracked the one year mark yet.

The fact that they are also adding new partners from the community adds a ton of value as well.  Just look at the navigation side now with WT and how that is bringing the default aircraft to a level never before seen.

We could go on and on.  This will be the 'Diamond Age' of flight sim for sure.  🙂 

Like I've maintained all along - there've been some really annoying growing pains at times in this first ~10 months, but I've never doubted Asobo's enthusiasm or dedication to make MSFS as great of a sim as they can.  And short of the rug being pulled out from under them for some reason, I think they'll get there.

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, Scottoest said:

Like I've maintained all along - there've been some really annoying growing pains at times in this first ~10 months, but I've never doubted Asobo's enthusiasm or dedication to make MSFS as great of a sim as they can.  And short of the rug being pulled out from under them for some reason, I think they'll get there.

Haha...yeah...it's been a tough wait, but I think there just might be a great big pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

• Like 1

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

So good to see a thread with mostly positive comments...

While MSFS is obviously not perfect, the vibrance of the 3rd. party ecosytem only reinforces the potential of a bleeding edge platform that evolves based on active community involvement. This is almost a dream come true when you compare to what we had some years ago.

Exciting times ahead indeed. Peace and love all✌️.

Edited by GCBraun
  • Like 2

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

11 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

I'm buffering too much to hear everything, but here's a quick summary of what they said about Sim Update 4 (if some things are wrong then please correct me). I'll post more summaries during the stream if I can.

Alright, somehow we have to get our Community Manager ( yeah I said it ) of the MSFS forum faster internet everyone. He beats everyone to almost every Development Update, Live Streams, etc... I know you can't give out your secret location ( bat cave? ), but dang why can't you get better super fast internet? If anyone needs it, you do!

Someone get me Bruce Wayne on the phone please! 🙂

Edited by in2tech
  • Like 4

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

9 hours ago, Drumcode said:

I fully get it, but knowing the magnitude and stature of PMDG in the community (whether people agree or not), you'd think there would be something, but instead it's another month with a stick in the eye. 🙂

They may, or may not have, asked PMDG already, and maybe they are not ready to talk yet, we have no clue. They said wait and lets make a BIG splash at once. PMDG to me is kind of funny, sometimes they like to lay low, and sometimes not. To me something is changing at that company for the near future. Maybe good and bad, I don't know. A freaking YouTube channel for PMDG, really? Selling in the Market Place, really. I am not sure about this one. Posting that the SDK was NOT holding them back? Like I said, not sure!

BTW, they mentioned PMDG like really early on in August or September, I have no clue! Also, have they done a partnership series on PMDG yet?

Get's your popcorn ready, it's coming! And today's one and a half hour live Q&A Stream is... exclusively PMDG, ta da! Well maybe not 🙂  

9 hours ago, ca_metal said:

PMDG themselves are more discreet. I'm not sure they would like more exposure before the release. 

They were in the old days 🙂 Like a month ago. But they like Big Bucks, and I can not lie 🙂 Get it, the song....  See other post about PMDG 🙂 Dang can't get that song out of my head now!

7 hours ago, styckx said:
7 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

I also carefully listened to that section of the new plane announcement again, and I cannot say I understand that a new feature is coming with it.

Yeah.. He was super vague.. SOMETHING different is coming with it obviously then what is currently presented with Asobo planes. I can only guess an accessory we haven't seen yet? Ski's? Floats? Tow Hook w/ banner?

Who knows, but I do love good vague marketing. Keeps people talking

Yeah, he was rather cryptic. Here's what he said:

“There’s many good reasons why this [plane] is being done”

“There’s gonna be some things associated with that plane that we can’t just quite yet talk about but it’s super cool and it makes a big difference”

• Like 2

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

16 minutes ago, Shack95 said:

“There’s gonna be some things associated with that plane that we can’t just quite yet talk about but it’s super cool and it makes a big difference”

Harrison Ford will sponsor MFS Great Taxiway Landing Challenge 

• Like 3

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam