Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

Breaking News: PMDG will sell in the Marketplace

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, eaim said:

Decisions Decisions, I still haven't made up my mind where I'll purchase my PMDG aircraft when the time comes even if it means waiting for the choice of market, and then if FSL ever release an aircraft for MSFS is even more complex a decision for obvious reasons.

Great to have a choice now though? I mean 2 options for this aircraft, PMDG website, MSFS Market Place ( Month's or years later. I can wait ). 

Know nothing about FSL, what does it stand for. And do they sell a 737?


"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right decision for a lot of people who want to have all their products in one place without too many hassles after a reinstall etc.

While I like this idea, too, and though I haven´t read their forum post so far, I will stick to their web store.

  • I guess the discount can/will only be applied if you purchase the 737 though their store where you bought the P3D 737 before
  • I have a proof of purchase by PMDG and not only a purchase info about MS Coins without clear indication on what I spent it (at least the last time I checked).
  • I might (!) have more controls which updates to apply and when (the store updates to the newest version with no way to fall back to a previous version - as far as I know so far)
  • In the end, it does not matter to me, which installer to run - the plane will usually be installed in same folder structure as the MS store version. And in the unlikely case if not, the PMDG might be more flexible.
  • I feel better supporting them directly without them having to pay fees to MS just for putting up their product on the store.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, in2tech said:

Know nothing about FSL, what does it stand for. And do they sell a 737?

They have airbuses (A319, A320 and A321) and a concorde.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ca_metal said:

They have airbuses (A319, A320 and A321) and a concorde.

Nice, so there is plenty of room in the market for a ton of developers?

Does anyone else sell a Boeing 737 in any other sim, besides PMDG? I mean all the FSX versions when they started selling their aircraft. 

I do think MSFS will have multiple versions of the same aircraft, including the 737. Don't know who, but someone will hopefully come out in the Aerosoft CRJ price range and about the same quality too. But still PMDG will be the GOLD one for the "serious simmers", and maybe even brand new simmers to MSFS?

Think about what the YouTube channel is for, not only the hard core, to show every single switch to flip and take four hours to start. But show new simmers on YouTube what their product is all about. Smart move, coming into the 21st century finally! Next they will be streaming on Twitch 🙂


"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, in2tech said:

Great to have a choice now though? I mean 2 options for this aircraft, PMDG website, MSFS Market Place ( Month's or years later. I can wait ). 

Know nothing about FSL, what does it stand for. And do they sell a 737?

Flight Sim Labs, they probably make the best study level aircraft that you can buy for any sim to date. Whether or not they come to MSFS, is not fully known yet?


AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD, SAMSUNG QVO (1TB) SSD, 3 * 1 TB M.2 2280 Nvme SSD, Toshiba (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800 XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6 , NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, SAITEK X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, SAITEK YOKE, 2 * throttles,  PEDALS, LG 27UL600 4K monitor, Dell U2414H 1080P 2nd monitor. Honeycomb Bravo Throttle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will this "delay" in selling a product at the MS Store be for all PMDG MSFS products? If so, then it could be a clever marketing strategy. After all, they know that most die hard PMDG fans will buy any new product on release day (or close to it), and direct sales from the PMDG website will give them the maximum possible profit from the study level geeks :wink:

  • Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, eaim said:

Flight Sim Labs, they probably make the best study level aircraft that you can buy for any sim to date. Whether or not they come to MSFS, is not fully known yet?

It took them 5+ years to develop for FSX/P3D and they have a new update for P3D recently as well.

If they come to FS2020 it will take them a while and by then who knows what state the FBW A320 will be in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Christopher Low said:

Will this "delay" in selling a product at the MS Store be for all PMDG MSFS products? If so, then it could be a clever marketing strategy. After all, they know that most die hard PMDG fans will buy any new product on release day (or close to it), and direct sales from the PMDG website will give them the maximum possible profit from the study level geeks :wink:

This delay will probably be just seen for the DC6...I imagine after that they would be no delay in having their products appear on the marketplace.

 

Because they said the delay is due to the fact they are new to the process so it would take a bit of time to get right the first time.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, highflyer2020 said:

It took them 5+ years to develop for FSX/P3D and they have a new update for P3D recently as well.

If they come to FS2020 it will take them a while and by then who knows what state the FBW A320 will be in?

I'm only guessing but I doubt that the FBW A320 will ever be as comprehensive as the FSL A3** series. I'm not calling FBW, they're brilliant, but FSL have a massive advantage in experience and years of research and knowhow.

Edited by eaim

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD, SAMSUNG QVO (1TB) SSD, 3 * 1 TB M.2 2280 Nvme SSD, Toshiba (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800 XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6 , NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, SAITEK X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, SAITEK YOKE, 2 * throttles,  PEDALS, LG 27UL600 4K monitor, Dell U2414H 1080P 2nd monitor. Honeycomb Bravo Throttle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, eaim said:

I'm only guessing but I doubt that the FBW A320 will ever be as comprehensive as the FSL A3** series. I'm not calling FBW, they're brilliant, but FSL have a massive advantage in experience and years of research and knowhow.

I agree as well but I suspect for the 90% of simmers FBW will suit their needs for replicating a typical commercial flight from a to b.

FSL will be useful for when you want to simulate failures etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, in2tech said:

Know nothing about FSL, what does it stand for. And do they sell a 737?

You may have seen this but the DC6 will be released first in June fingers crossed.

PMDG Simulations Official - YouTube

Cheers

bs


AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, bean_sprout said:

You may have seen this but the DC6 will be released first in June fingers crossed.

PMDG Simulations Official - YouTube

Cheers

bs

Yeah I saw it and know it is first. I don't think you have to Cross Your Fingers. With the YouTube tutorials, I think it is ready to be sold to the mass market, from their website ONLY, in June!


"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's really rude to do a 6 months delay before releasing in the market place. very disrespectful to Asobo who assisted them so much. remember that MSFS need to make profit in order to survive and not being abandoned yet again, PMDG is not helping by being so greedy and not releasing in the market place.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, cepact said:

I think it's really rude to do a 6 months delay before releasing in the market place. very disrespectful to Asobo who assisted them so much. remember that MSFS need to make profit in order to survive and not being abandoned yet again, PMDG is not helping by being so greedy and not releasing in the market place.

Actually we won't know the delay time till it's released? Watch them surprise us and it's like week one in the Market Place? We will find out though in the near future, or longer 🙂 If I started the 6 month rumor, which I might have, I want to take it back, as I have no information on any of this. Just guessing! And although the DC-6 will be popular, it will be nothing compared to their Boeing 737, in hopefully the Fall, 2021 as they stated!


"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, cepact said:

I think it's really rude to do a 6 months delay before releasing in the market place. very disrespectful to Asobo who assisted them so much. remember that MSFS need to make profit in order to survive and not being abandoned yet again, PMDG is not helping by being so greedy and not releasing in the market place.

I personally think it is sensible as they can sort out any issues before hitting the marketplace where updates take forever.

Just look at the Jabiru which had some major flight model issues fixed nearly six weeks ago on my direct version but MS have still not approved the update. Apparently they changed the rules on the fly for marketplace submissions and features that are still on the current marketplace version are now verbatim and not acceptable anymore. (to compound things the dev is now off work for personal reasons and has been unable to make the random changes they requested)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
×
×
  • Create New...