Sign in to follow this  
Scott Miller

UT Live: Aircraft with missing texures

I've noticed a few days ago that when I setup an aircraft at a commercial airport at least 3 or 3 aircraft UT populates the airport with are lacking their textures.  I thought this had been caused when I added some new aircraft to FSX so I uninstalled UT Live and re-installed it.  Unfortunately this didn't fix the problem.  Aircraft with missing textures are still appearing.  Kind of kills the "real as it gets" feel!  Has anyone else experienced this problem?  Any idea as to how to fix it?

I posted this problem on the UT Live support forum a couple of days ago but have yet to get a response....

It's probably something super easy to fix on your end. Do you have any info on where and when to look? Should be simple to troubleshoot.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Well,it's only 2 or 3 commercial jets at any given  airport that are missing their textures...

That doesn't exactly help. I've tried 6 or 7 major US airports with default UTL set at 100% and don't see any aircraft with missing textures. Take note of specific times and airports. 

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

If you can identify the aircraft that are missing textures, you can compare the texture folder names in the aircraft folder with the texture called for in the flightsim sections in the aircraft.cfg file. For me, using UTLive, I found CRJ 700s in North America missing textures. I found that several Delta Express liveries were not showing because the "texture=" in the aircraft.cfg corresponding flightsim sections had a different name than the actual texture folders. Not at home with my Flight Sim rig right now so can't provide actual examples. When I get home I can post some more detailed info on what I saw in my situation.

Thanks for listening,

Kail

Thanks, Elder!  How did you ID your CRJ700s:?  I can see, for example two planes at KONT that are missing textures.  One appears to be a small jet like a CRJ the other is a Large commercial jet but I can't tell what it is.  Also, 3 or 4 commerical jets at EGJJ are missing textures, but again, I can't tell what type they are...

Probably one of the easiest ways to identify the models would be to take screenshots of the models that are missing textures. You could then start comparing to aircraft photos on line somewhere like airliners.net. Or you could post the screenshots here. I, and I'm sure others, would be happy to try to help identify the models. If you see one waiting for take off at the threshold to a runway and then hear them get takeoff clearance, you could check in the UTLive interface and see what models that airline is using too. That could work for a few here and there.

Thanks for listening,

Kail