Sign in to follow this  
calypso

we have a problem - Help please

Hi everyone. It's been a while.
As an old FS fan (1982)!, I do most of my flying in Europe.
Decided to fly in the US today and came across this problem.

ILS approach to KSFO RW 28R in and old Boeing 737 200 (CS).
Lined up nicely for the approach at 4000 feet. Localiser active Glide slope acquired nicely.
As I approached the airport, I saw that although my ILS indicator and map showed me perfectly lined up, the runway was askew!

In all my years of flying in FS, I don't think I've ever come across this before.

Any ideas, suggestions please. (FSX Steam Edition) USA.jpg

John

23 hours ago, calypso said:

In all my years of flying in FS, I don't think I've ever come across this before.

Hi,

I’m not sure if this will help you but I came across something similar way back in my FS9 days with a different airport. The problem then seemed to be that I had replaced the default version of the airport (unfortunately I can’t remember which one!) with a freeware version but reverting back to the default airport resolved the problem. I could only assume that the freeware version had moved the position of either the airport or runway slightly but was still using the ILS data from the default airport, however I didn’t bother following this up at the time as it was not an airport I used frequently. 

Bill

Do you have addon scenery installed ?   It might be a scenery conflict.  Try disabling all your addon scenery, then try it again. If all is good then you'll have to reactivate your addons scenery 1 by 1 to determine which is the problem.

I recall that FSX's default ILS for KSFO (not sure if all of them) is bugged.  Using a third party KSFO should have the correct ILS configuration.

Googling it should reveal some threads about it, such as this one:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/314160/discussions/0/492379159706994949/

Sim: Prepar3D 5.2 (main) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), CH Eclipse Yoke, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA Side Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Cessna trim wheel, TrackIR 5, SPAD.neXt running 3 Saitek Logitech panels, ButtKicker Gamer 2, Razer Naga Chroma gaming mouse

System: Intel i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10 GHz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 4200 MHz, ASRock Z490M Pro4, 2TB Intel NVMe SSD 660p, 3 monitors

@calypso, I just checked the default KSFO scenery for FSX:SE and everything seems fine.  Ensure you have the correct frequency of 111.7.  I bet you're using 110.75.  That frequency will result in the kind of localizer you're seeing.  

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library