Sign in to follow this  
martin-w

SN15 not flying again.

All Raptors have been removed and a giant crane lifted it off the pad.

Guess it's going to be SN16 next then.

Maybe they are going to dissect it to see why it worked so well?? 🤔

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

They probably want to preserve it, and display it in a museum as the first starship that landed without blowing itself apart.

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

2 hours ago, charliearon said:

Maybe they are going to dissect it to see why it worked so well?? 🤔

And then, with that knowledge,  carry out the necessary modifications to SN16 so that it explodes when it's launched.

• Like 1

Fun fact: SpaceX is churning out RAPTOR ENGINES at a rate of one every 48 hours! Elon knows Earth is an attractive target for those UFOs the Navy keeps recording. Mars? They'll let him have it. By the way, did you see Elon's tweet when SpaceX won the Moon contract over Bezos and Company? I admit I laughed. (That decision shocked me.)

If SN16 ever flies, I guess it'll be for a Suborbital A to B demonstration.

Mark Harris.

Aged 54. 

P3D,  & DCS mostly. DofReality P6 platform partially customised and waiting for parts. Brunner CLS-E Yoke and Pedals. Winwing HOTAS and Cougar MFDS.

Scan 3XS Laptop i9-9900K 3.6ghz, 64GB DDR4, RTX2080.

B737NG Pilot. Ex Q400, BAe146, ATP and Flying Instructor in the dim and distant past! SEP renewed and back at the coal face flying folk on the much deserved holidays!

59 minutes ago, MarkJHarris said:

If SN16 ever flies, I guess it'll be for a Suborbital A to B demonstration.

Says orbital here, in July...

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/elon-musk-starship-sn16-spaceport-b1856911.html

With the super heavy booster of course. That's a big explosion if it goes wrong with the village nearby.

Ultimately the finished product would be able to lift TWO Saturn V rockets. Yikes!

Edited by martin-w

According to Musk on Twitter SN16 MAY fly for a sub orbital test flight. SN20 is scheduled for the demo Orbital flight with BN3 soon. Both parts are expected to soft land on the ocean, Gulf or Atlantic for BN3 and Pacific of the Coast of Hawaii for SN20. The Booster and Starship may well be ready before the launch facilities. They have plenty of history of soft landing Falcons and fairing halves so recovery and desalination is well known to SpaceX. 

Mark Harris.

Aged 54. 

P3D,  & DCS mostly. DofReality P6 platform partially customised and waiting for parts. Brunner CLS-E Yoke and Pedals. Winwing HOTAS and Cougar MFDS.

Scan 3XS Laptop i9-9900K 3.6ghz, 64GB DDR4, RTX2080.

B737NG Pilot. Ex Q400, BAe146, ATP and Flying Instructor in the dim and distant past! SEP renewed and back at the coal face flying folk on the much deserved holidays!