Sign in to follow this  
nyfirefly11

TDS Sim releases GTNXi!

32 minutes ago, bean_sprout said:

I do.  😄

Cheers

bs

I always say everything can be looked at differently in comparison. Like for example renting aged 172  in SoCal in average cost $140 in hour. So paying for something 100 in MSFS and fly your but off may seems like a steal! Even if it's virtual but very photorealistic world! 😃 And also you won't die if you screwed up which make it even more attractive!

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

1 hour ago, fppilot said:

Question. How are  you acheiving this.  I have read the product information and the documententation and see no reference to tablets.  Only to multi-monitor setups.

Yes, I use Spacedesk as well. I wrote a bit about my experience in the other thread:

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

6 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

The company should hire one of the talented members to integrate this into the panel, before putting it on sale. 

Maybe I did not make myself clear.

Someone created a GTN750 and the community fell in love with it. Carenado & JF had to update their fleet in order to make the GTN750 integrate into the VC of their airplanes.

It's something aircraft developers have to do, not the GTN750.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

25 minutes ago, DJJose said:

It's something aircraft developers have to do, not the GTN750.

Yes, the a/c developer's model file, which specifies the panel layout, has to accommodate or provide 'space' on the instrument panel for the GPS, e.g., the GTN750, or else the GPS developer is forced to use an existing screen as the PMS50 GTN does.The GTN developer can not unilaterally modify the a/c developer's model file.

Al

Edited by ark

7 hours ago, styckx said:

Exactly. What's the point? A pop out window open with a GTNXi yet your planes cockpit is showing a GNS 530. Talk about taking away from the immersion of simulation. This seems to only appeal to a very niche market of home cockpit builders who fly fullscreen without a virtual cockpit and that's only if it does everything it says it does on the tin flawlessly. 

Run it on a tablet using an app like SpaceDesk to extend your desktop over WiFi.  You then have a touchscreen GTN750Xi -  Works very well indeed.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

8 hours ago, styckx said:

Exactly. What's the point? A pop out window open with a GTNXi yet your planes cockpit is showing a GNS 530.

An argument can be made for having two GPS units, which many real world a/c do. Obviously, the "2nd" GPS serves as a backup in case of a failure, and also it is useful to have one GPS setup to display information, such as info on nearby airports, navaids, charts, or weather, while the other GPS displays the flight plan or a moving map.

But there's no right or wrong here imo. If one does not like to use popups, so be it, and that's perfectly fine. Fortunately, we can each tailor the sim to our own liking, and easily make changes whenever so desired.

Al

Edited by ark

This  addon looks interesting to me.  I don't care too much about the integration into the plane since I was using RXP's 750 with Spacedesk but I understand the people who want that. 

But what about the navigation data.  Does it have current Nav data? Can we use Navigraph/MSFS data? or is this Garmin Data or nothing?  

Edited by F1Fan

The last time I used popups is when we HAD to use them.  FS9 maybe?

Regards

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

54 minutes ago, bean_sprout said:

The last time I used popups is when we HAD to use them.  FS9 maybe?

Regards

bs

Well, it's reassuring to see the airlines and GA have finally caught up with flight sim!  😉

Al

Edited by ark

16 hours ago, omarsmak30 said:

This SDK topic became an excuse for these developers. We know that is not truth and it is becoming tiring to hear this symphony of "SDK is not ready" 

It is just a fact. Open it a day and you will see lot of "to be defined" sections. It is sometimes an excuse for somes, yes for sure, you're right, but don't say it is ready, it is totally wrong.

i9-10850k - Asus Tuf Z490+ - 32 Go DDR4 - RTX 3070 8Go MSI Trio X

13 hours ago, kaosfere said:

And it's good for them, too.  They're making money in MSFS today.

Yes, but some (lot) just watch the money they can do, not the user experience.
The market is the showcase of the product so you have to be careful to fill it with products for the user and not just for the money. It's starting to show...

nb: i'm not talking about this GTN, i have respect for Tiberiu and his work and his GTN, not perfect for me because of integration, but it is the greatest enhancement in term of avionics for simmers in MSFS, so far from others in term of fidelity to real unit than can't be equal.
Seeing the evolution of the product for the pasted years, i'm not sure to see a day an internal unit with the quality and full functionnalities of what garmin's developers did with their skills and knownledge of aviation, we will have something near, something that looks like. But i don't think it is the goal, it is just important for a few simmers, so it is not making lot of money 😉 

i9-10850k - Asus Tuf Z490+ - 32 Go DDR4 - RTX 3070 8Go MSI Trio X

10 hours ago, Flying-Hare said:

I'm also wondering if he uses the Navigraph?

It doesn't as it uses a Garmin database. I checked on their forums and Navigraph isn't on their roadmap at least for now. I think it would make a lot of sense if that option was there as it would mean the database would get updated regularly and it'd keep the product in sync with other applications that people use. 

It is comparable to RXP GTN.

2 Modules: Trainer - (based on Garmin Trainer? with the NavDataBase (Garmin)) and the UI - module.

Navigraph data or BlueNav data will never be useable - the trainer has its own interpretation routine based on Garmin.

As they wrote on their webpage - Cycle 2014 (from what? Garmin?) , actual navadata are very expensive and for the time no further information about nav data updates.

And it is worth to have a look into the manual, you can download it. Look at the chapter issues - they might be important for you..

Interesting for me - you can use GTN Xi 750 and 650 parallel. I have a second computer with touchscreen - connection with homenetwork possible? Have to check it out.

Best regards

For info (copied from the forum TDS)

Question user  to navdata

Answer:

"The AIRAC cycle shipped with the TDS GTNXi is currently 2004. The updates do not come from us, it usually took 6 months to 12 months for a new cycle, but this is no guarantee.
Of course, when there is news on an AIRAC cycle, we will post it here."

Question User: ".......When I go to an airfield, i.e. EGPK, there are no charts."

Answer:

"Unfortunately geo referenced charts are not available in your region, they are available for North America only."

As I mentioned in the thread about PMS50 GTN: With a navigraph subscription you can have world wide charts and actual nav data with regular cycle of every 28 days. Or MSFS / BlueNav is willing to update the data base regulary.

For the TDS GTNXi  - Garmin and Jeppesen subscription would be needed for actual data and you have to contact the support from TDS how to implement it.

But be not surprised about the price ....

They have a special offer for the time - 39 Euro, not bad. And no one know's how much we will have to pay for PMS50 GTN. Rumors are saying monthly ....

Best regards