Sign in to follow this  
Avenger2000

Any issues with GTN 750 with Bell 429 or Bell 407?

I’m new to helicopters.  Any issues with plugging in the GTN 750 into the ones stated in the topic?  Can you use autopilot to fly an ILS approach with it?  I haven’t bought the package yet and am looking to pull the trigger.  Also, I guess you have to load the flight plan directly into the GTN unit.  Can it read standard Xplane 11 flight plans?

Any comments on this?

Abt the .gfp flight plan format.  Any way to convert Navigraph flight plans to it?

Edited by Avenger2000

1 hour ago, Avenger2000 said:

Any comments on this?

Abt the .gfp flight plan format.  Any way to convert Navigraph flight plans to it?

LittleNavMap can export gfp plans.. so if you can open a Navigraph flightplan with it, you've got the solution.. 🙂

BTW, creating a flightplan on the GTN is a piece of cake..

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert

42 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

LittleNavMap can export gfp plans.. so if you can open a Navigraph flightplan with it, you've got the solution.. 🙂

BTW, creating a flightplan on the GTN is a piece of cake..

That sounds like a plan.  I got used to creating them using Navigraph.

Btw, anyone use the GTN 750 in the Bell 407 or the Bell 412 using the optional plugins?  Is it plug and play?  I looked at the Reality XP GTN 750 guide and there are many options.  Are there any you have to set?

Trying one more time.  Anyone using the GTN 750 in the Bell 407 or Bell 412 using the optional plugins?  I was wondering if everything still works as those plugins haven’t been updated in a while.  Also is it plug and play or do I have to fiddle with the many options?  Thanks.  I’m just making sure before I buy the RealityXP software.

Edited by Avenger2000

Hi,

It might be easier getting an answer if you'd link the aforementioned "optional plugins" you're talking about in your post, so that we know what it is you're actually trying to use it with?

If these are the X-Plane.org mods, I believe there is no particular issue but just in case, you might want to leave a message in these respective mods discussions, right on their respective download pages?

To my knowledge, there are Bell helicopters mods over there and there shouldn't be any particular issue with them.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)