Sign in to follow this  
mpw8679

Just Flight turbo arrow

It is still only 8.00 am in London.

OR ... they could be going on Redmond/Microsoft Time (Pacific Daylight Time) in which case it is not even the 28/5 there yet.

If people are that desperate to get the Turbo Arrow the instant it is released I suspect the Just Flight site might crash 😄

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

It's currently 08.40 in the UK, JF probably start work at 9.00, then faff about a bit getting stuff sorted, so call that 10 ish to allow time for a bacon sandwich, then they must make sure the hamster and its wheel which power the download server is all fed/lubricated. Then of course it's necessary to stop again for another cup of tea (in the UK, this is the law, otherwise the tea police come and arrest you) so by then it'll be about lunchtime and that's when I reckon it'll be available, i.e. about maybe three hours from the time of this post is my guess.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 4

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

8 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

I am the other way want the turbo for that extra grunt over 10,000' but not sure if the warrior offers much we do not already have (even though have I have flown one in real life).

Nice collection, have not picked up a guitar in years. I have a '72 Tele Deluxe (twin humbuckers, maple neck with no fretboard) stashed away in a cupboard somewhere (bought it new in '74) I should dust it off and see if it still plays, it must be coming up to being 50 years old shortly.

It’s OK to talk about guitars as long as you mention planes. I don’t have a Flying V for example but my Epiphone uptown Kat has JB Mini Humbuckers as per the Firebird. I have 5 other guitars, 2 Eastman semis, Fender Strat Deluxe Plus, and a Sadowsky bass. In play them in turn every between flights when I can.

PS JF Turbo is a no brainer. 66%!

1 hour ago, Chock said:

It's currently 08.40 in the UK, JF probably start work at 9.00, then faff about a bit getting stuff sorted, so call that 10 ish to allow time for a bacon sandwich, then they must make sure the hamster and its wheel which power the download server is all fed/lubricated. Then of course it's necessary to stop again for another cup of tea (in the UK, this is the law, otherwise the tea police come and arrest you) so by then it'll be about lunchtime and that's when I reckon it'll be available, i.e. about maybe three hours from the time of this post is my guess.

oh true .. I have heard the song of course ...

Spent the last few week convincing myself i dont need this..  the non turbo arrow is just fine.

The moment it's released....  you know the rest 😄

Still, with the 66% discount and 200ish points on my account to use it cost me £8.  I can live with that 🙂

• Like 6

Just now, The Moose said:

Spent the last few week convincing myself i dont need this..  the non turbo arrow is just fine.

The moment it's released....  you know the rest 😄

Still, with the 66% discount and 200ish points on my account to use it cost me £8.  I can live with that 🙂

I had enough points to get it down to £2.90 🙂

• Like 5

I also appear to have 'accidentally' bought it after not intending to…oops!

• Like 5

I like the Arrow IV - definitely feels like it has less elevator authority on take off but she's still as fun to fly.

Might be a tad faster - getting 140KIAS at 3000ft with fuel flow at top of 75% bar ?

10 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

getting 140KIAS at 3000ft

What's your MP/Prop at?

When I fly the non turbo I get approx. 125kias with MP and prop at 24/24.

Edited by hangar

1 minute ago, hangar said:

What's your MP at?

32" with 2500 RPM

FF is 15gph

Just now, Matchstick said:

32" with 2500 RPM

FF is 15gph

ok, well I have to check and find out what normal cruise settings are for that plane..it's going to be different, obviously, than the non turbo 🙂

Well, i dont know if this is new to the Turbo Arrow or if the standard Arrow already had this in a recent update (not flown it for a while)...   no stupid logbook popping up half way through shutdown!  Well played Just Flight 🙂

Feels good so far. definitely slightly faster at low altitude.. yet to take it up to 10000+

1 hour ago, The Moose said:

£8.  I can live with that 🙂

You could probably live ON that. 😁

• Like 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

2 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

You could probably live ON that. 😁

I'm going to have to if i continue buying aircraft i dont need 😄

• Like 1